Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 11:17 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 11:17
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I actually don't think that this will be much of an issue for you. As long as you show that you have the intellect and leadership abilities, those corporations won't care much about yoru background. Most people in business school are career switchers!

Scott
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Scott. True..but I also think that I might stand a better chance at one of the larger Consulting frims in Corporate Strategy armed with an MBA.

Yes, I don't want a dramatic switch from Engineering to Finance but I want to be more marketable and diverse with my skill sets and enter the BD area versus the technical track.

Now start the GMAT grind. Thanks for your insight. Saw your website really neat and the article in Business Week. It's great that you guys have taken this initiative to help all GMAT hopefuls.

On a side note: what do you think of a career in Sustainable BD and CSR in the current context of things?

Thanks a ton!
Joyeeta

quixx23 wrote:
I actually don't think that this will be much of an issue for you. As long as you show that you have the intellect and leadership abilities, those corporations won't care much about yoru background. Most people in business school are career switchers!

Scott
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I think it's VERY relevant in today's market. If anything, it has the potential to overheat and maybe be the "it" career choice (like private equity today) over the next few years. But this is probably the best time ever to try and get into CSR.

Scott
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a ton! For the advice will keep you posted on the proceedings...

quixx23 wrote:
I think it's VERY relevant in today's market. If anything, it has the potential to overheat and maybe be the "it" career choice (like private equity today) over the next few years. But this is probably the best time ever to try and get into CSR.

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]