Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Application Receipt [#permalink]
Did anyone get the Application Receipt email from "NYU Stern MBA Admissions" mailbox? I can see the status check website shows Spring 2008 now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am applying [#permalink]
Hi,

I am applying to Langone - spring 2008. I can do Weekend option only.

Stats:

Indian Male
GMAT: 690 Q:47 V:38)
10 Years of work experience in IT
M.S GPA 3.32

Working on my essays to meet the deadline.

-- hs
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Westchester Option [#permalink]
How many people here are applying to the westchester campus as a primary choice? Do you think the admissions people would be more leinent in accepting applicants to the westchester campus(primary)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Westchester Option [#permalink]
Count me.. My first choice is westchester. I wish there is some leniency but I don't think so.. Are you applying for Spring '08 ? What are your stats ?

Goodluck!

Trying_not_to_suck wrote:
How many people here are applying to the westchester campus as a primary choice? Do you think the admissions people would be more leinent in accepting applicants to the westchester campus(primary)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Recos [#permalink]
I got two recommendations, one from my current and one from my previous supervisors. Couple of my work colleagues are recent Langone graduates. Should I be getting one more recommendation from them as well ? Since my GMAT is not all that great (650), I am trying all options to strengthen my application.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well i basically have zero chance seeing as i just scored a 590(Q44V27). I plan on writing the 4th essay including how i plan to retake the gmat. I dont think I have heard of anyone getting accepted sub 640. It wont hurt to apply seeing as it's free for me to apply and take the test.
2 years work experience, 3.0 undergrad
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

Does anybody here know what my chances are for any of the options available with the Langone Program.Either of the 3 will do.I left my job and joined this firm with a much lower salary just for the hope of getting into NYU.

Haven't been able to score better.
610. (47 Quant/27 Verbal)
Around 7 years work experience in Radio Frequency Engineering (A niche industry-core telecommunication engineer)-Worked in India, Saudi Arabia and United States.
Got very good recommendations.
Transcripts ready.
Essays are almost done.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
I have plans to go to the MBA fair to meet up with the staff of NYU,Do you think it would help?

Thanks,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does anyone know what it mean in the application where under the "Activities" section it says:

Please refrain from using 'returns' and/or tab keys to format your answer as it may result in a loss of text.

Does this just mean to write your answer in a big block of text without hitting the return key?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
baer wrote:
Does anyone know what it mean in the application where under the "Activities" section it says:

Please refrain from using 'returns' and/or tab keys to format your answer as it may result in a loss of text.

Does this just mean to write your answer in a big block of text without hitting the return key?

You could just write it in a notepad and do a ^C and ^V.

:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ioiio wrote:
baer wrote:

You could just write it in a notepad and do a ^C and ^V.

:)

Got it, but without hitting return it would look like this:

GMAT Club, 3/2002-Present, Member; Crossing Guard, 5/2002-Present, Volunteer; Golf Team, 9/2000-9/2001, Member; Alumni Leadership Circle, 9/2007-Present, Member;

rather than this:

GMAT Club, 3/2002-Present, Member;
Crossing Guard, 5/2002-Present, Volunteer;
Golf Team, 9/2000-9/2001, Member;
Alumni Leadership Circle, 9/2007-Present, Member;

Which is correct? It seems that they are asking for the first format, which is odd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
I tried ur 4 lines in my app and it worked just fine when I used ^c and ^v.

Ofcourse I deleted it after I saved :)

Originally posted by ioiio on 10 Sep 2007, 22:41.
Last edited by ioiio on 12 Sep 2007, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
baer wrote:

I am pretty sure that they just want a big block of text. It looks funny to me too, but that seems like to only way to follow the directions.

Ultimately, when you complete your app, you can look at a PDF of the entire thing, this is what the adcoms will be looking at, so if it looks okay on there you should be alright.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Suggestion Awaited! [#permalink]
[Guys,

Does anybody here know what my chances are for any of the options available with the Langone Program.Any one of the 3 will do.I left my job and joined this firm with a much lower salary just for the hope of getting into NYU.

Haven't been able to score better.
610. (47 Quant/27 Verbal)
Around 7 years work experience in Radio Frequency Engineering (A niche industry-core telecommunication engineer)-Worked in India, Saudi Arabia and United States.
Got very good recommendations.
Transcripts ready.
Essays are almost done.
ok-GPA

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
I have plans to go to the MBA fair to meet up with the staff of NYU,Do you think it would help?

Thanks,
Current Student
 Q46  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
Satija

I would suggest to improve on the GMAT and include any extra curricular activities that you pursue. Your work experience would stand out among the rest as most people from India would be from an IT background.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi scorpioguy, Did you get the Application Receipt email? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Scorpioguy,

I'm sure its very late now to re-appear for GMAT as I just appeared on 9th September.
I shall work on putting on whatever extra curricular activities I have involved in.Even I'm sure its worth mentioning the communities I have been associated with.

Thanks again,

Umesh Satija

[quote="scorpioguy"]Satija

I would suggest to improve on the GMAT and include any extra curricular activities that you pursue. Your work experience would stand out among the rest as most people from India would be from an IT background.[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
submitted [#permalink]
Just now submitted application online. It's quite a strenuous job. Thank god I completed !! Good luck to all.
GMAT Club Bot
submitted [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38