Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 10:31 It is currently 06 May 2024, 10:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I hear ya. I'm not sure where my recommenders are right now, I plan on getting an update this weekend. Hopefully they are nearly finished and just need some touching up before submittal. Starting to cut it close.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am planning to visit the school for a class visit/interview/meet the students etc etc b4 submitting my appln

May be in November!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm having my transcripts mailed directly to Emory. Anyone doing anything differently with their official transcripts? I think everything else can be attached electronically.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:
I'm having my transcripts mailed directly to Emory. Anyone doing anything differently with their official transcripts? I think everything else can be attached electronically.

Did you fill in any form downloaded from emory's website. Or should we just
send the transcript across. I know a sought of a stupid question but our college gives transcripts in sealed that we need to send across to schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
While adding test scores in the online application. There is a field known as letter score. Any ideas what does this field stand for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
guys, i forgot to tell u guys, i was done with my app in emory and they informed that my application file was complete on oct 16th. i have also interviwed there. by the way emory hopeful, any news on when they start releasing decisions. in a wesbite called admissions 411, i saw a guy who says that he has already been admitted and that too without an interview??
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm not sure when they start giving official notices. I had my interview and campus visit today, but didn't ask that question. I know that they have rolling admissions, and the admissions officer I spoke with today said it generally takes about 6 weeks for a decision to be made. Of course, that was an estimate.

How was your interview? What are your thoughts now that you've finished the application and interview for Emory? It it your top school, or a fall back? I know I enjoyed my experience on campus today. I think the interview went well, and I plan on sending in my application today. Then, it will just be pending my recommendations.

As far as the test scores, and letter grade, I have no idea what that is. To be honest, I don't even remember it being there.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Its done, I've submitted my application. Now I've just got to wait on my recommenders to make sure I'm ready for R1. They're both almost finished already, so I should be in good shape. I'm pumped!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Scheduled my interview with adcom in NYC on Nov 15

cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi,

sorry for getting back late, my interview went fine, my interviewer was very friendly and the whole process was very relaxed. I liked the campus (pretty new). It is my backup school if i just get admit, because i am hoping for admits from others, but if they throw in a financial aid package, i am jumping into emory.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone going to Super Saturday this weekend? I think I'm actually going to stop by, just to see the presentation and hang out for some lunch.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I went to Super Saturday this past weekend and had a great time. The weather was perfect and the campus is great. The information session was a really great experience. They even had a professor give a 20-30 minute session to give you an idea of their teaching style. The professor was amazing. He facilitated discussion and allowed prospectives a chance to participate as they would in a Goizueta MBA class. I must say that my time on campus has confirmed that I want to go to Emory. I've even decided to not apply to Duke until R2, and that's only if I don't get into Emory.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:
I went to Super Saturday this past weekend and had a great time. The weather was perfect and the campus is great. The information session was a really great experience. They even had a professor give a 20-30 minute session to give you an idea of their teaching style. The professor was amazing. He facilitated discussion and allowed prospectives a chance to participate as they would in a Goizueta MBA class. I must say that my time on campus has confirmed that I want to go to Emory. I've even decided to not apply to Duke until R2, and that's only if I don't get into Emory.

Thats great !!!
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's official, my recommendations are in, my application is complete. The waiting game begins!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
waitlisted [#permalink]
Guys,

Just got an email from emory, Bad news, they have waitlisted me, i was hoping for an accept.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: waitlisted [#permalink]
murali83 wrote:
Guys,

Just got an email from emory, Bad news, they have waitlisted me, i was hoping for an accept.

Hard luck murali. Did they give you any feedback as to why you were waitlisted? That definitely makes me nervous.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
they might have waitlisted you because they think, you are using emory as a backup school. So probably they want you to show your enthusiasm in entering the school.

Just a theory, I might be wrong. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11