Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 03:36 It is currently 18 May 2024, 03:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Way to get in and get them to chip in for it! Big congrats! Enjoy the Welcome Weekend in the spring!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had my long awaited interview yesterday...now the most agonizing part :-)...waiting for the result.

Hey emoryhopeful aka emoryadmit and other folks. Can you give me an idea based on your experience that when should i expect the result i.e. How long did it take for you to receive the result after the interview ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
beyondinfinity wrote:
I had my long awaited interview yesterday...now the most agonizing part :-)...waiting for the result.

Hey emoryhopeful aka emoryadmit and other folks. Can you give me an idea based on your experience that when should i expect the result i.e. How long did it take for you to receive the result after the interview ?

I interviewed before I had finished my app, but I'll give you the rundown. I submitted my app on October 23rd. My recommendations were completed on October 31st. My status was shown as complete on OPUS on November 1st. I was notified via e-mail that my application was under review on November 7th. I was notified of my acceptance on December 10th. Hopefully this will help.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Also, for those interested, here's a list of some students willing to meet and talk about their Goizueta experience over the holidays.

https://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... hedule.pdf
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Has anyone else heard a decision yet? I submitted for round one, but my second recommender didn't get their recommendation in until late in November. Also, do they call you or will you receive an email?
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
For me, they called, then e-mailed with a follow up. After my recommenders sent in their information, it took between 5-6 weeks to get a decision. So, if yours turned in the recommendation in late November, I wouldn't think you'd hear anything until after the new year. Just my opinion though.

Where else did you apply?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey folks...just curious :-)

Any idea, that what is the number of students admitted in various rounds.

For Instance Emory has 180 seats.

How many are generally filled in first round, second round etc ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:
For me, they called, then e-mailed with a follow up. After my recommenders sent in their information, it took between 5-6 weeks to get a decision. So, if yours turned in the recommendation in late November, I wouldn't think you'd hear anything until after the new year. Just my opinion though.

Where else did you apply?

I applied to UVA, UNC, Emory, Texas and am working on Vanderbilt right now.
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
beyondinfinity wrote:

I really don't know the answer to this, and I don't think its standardized. I would think it all depends on the applicants per round, per year. Also, I'm not sure if Emory has 180 seats. From what I was told speaking with current students and some alumni, they generally only have 150 students, and last year they just had a higher yield than normal. So, I don't know if they are going to move to 180 seats going forward, or if this past year was just an anomaly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
ok..

yeah i know its not standardized but just wanted an idea...maybe someone has that knowledge...what was it like last year or so...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've been taking a financial accounting class at a local community college (to better position myself and make up for my lack of quantitative experience in my undergrad) and just received my final grade (an A).

Any thoughts on sending an email to the admissions department with this news?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
IMO, it doesn't hurt to do so. Besides, you'll be required to take accounting class if you've never had accounting before . So go ahead and let them know (remember, be very brief. Don't go on and on how hard were you working to get an A :-D :-D )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
emoryhopeful wrote:
beyondinfinity wrote:

I really don't know the answer to this, and I don't think its standardized. I would think it all depends on the applicants per round, per year. Also, I'm not sure if Emory has 180 seats. From what I was told speaking with current students and some alumni, they generally only have 150 students, and last year they just had a higher yield than normal. So, I don't know if they are going to move to 180 seats going forward, or if this past year was just an anomaly.

Thanks Emoryhopeful. I'm very glad to have you on board.
Generally, they have from 150 to 180 seats depending on the yield. Last year the yield was about 50%(180 is the maximum to keep the quality though)
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Darren. Now that you've made it through the first semester, is there anything you wish you had done prior to coming to campus to prepare yourself for MBA school? Possibly books to read, people to talk to, journals to subscribe to, etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Darren,

Any Clue how long does the ad com break for christmas ?

PS: The question yet again might appear to be wierd but Emory has to release its first round decisions by Jan 1. :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
So after today, I'm assuming that the admissions department is on vacation until after New Years. Is there any chance that we'll hear from them next week, or will this be hanging over my head all of next week and into the new year?
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Here is some interesting information regarding placements for 2007 grads. No real surprises here.

https://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/do ... Report.pdf
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11