Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 04:14 It is currently 07 May 2024, 04:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am over here, trying to tweak my essays to fall within the word limit. I am going 50-60 words over for all my essays. Is that ok?

Also any Indians who have done their undergrad in India applying to Ross. Would i qualify for the TOEFL waiver (undergrad in college where english was the only language of instruction and also spent 1.5 yrs in US)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
toDoorNot wrote:
I am over here, trying to tweak my essays to fall within the word limit. I am going 50-60 words over for all my essays. Is that ok?

Also any Indians who have done their undergrad in India applying to Ross. Would i qualify for the TOEFL waiver (undergrad in college where english was the only language of instruction and also spent 1.5 yrs in US)

I applied in Round 1. You should definitely seek a TOEFL waiver. Just mention it in the optional essay.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
toDoorNot wrote:

Adcoms don't count every word in the essay to make sure that you are not over 500-word limit. My essays were all over by 30-50 words, so as long as you don't go over 10% of the word limit, you *should* be fine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Nervous and Saurabh
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
With the decision deadline coming up in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering if anyone was getting anxious. I know I am, but I can't remember how my interview went as it was so long ago (11/13). I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay. I guess we shall wait and see!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I decided not to check my application after clicking the submit button....without having a second look at my R1 essays, I know I could have done a hell a lot better in my essays. What's done is over and I hope I have better luck in my (more ambitious) R2 apps.

Just returned after posting suppl matl. for Ross....final tweaking of essays in progress before Jan 3rd deadline.

clobo wrote:
I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am looking forward to the decisions...i guess two weeks more huh :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yup.....please give some more love for the unlucky gmatclubbers, who have no admits and just hope with them
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
How much is a safe word limit for the optional Ross essay. There is no limit mentioned.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
Safe is 300 - the word limit for the short essay. Acceptable is 500 - the word limit for the long essays.

My recommendation: Keep it within 1 page.

sperinko wrote:
How much is a safe word limit for the optional Ross essay. There is no limit mentioned.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks nc...

Happy new year all !!

ncprasad wrote:
Safe is 300 - the word limit for the short essay. Acceptable is 500 - the word limit for the long essays.

My recommendation: Keep it within 1 page.

sperinko wrote:
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wrote about 400 words...so...right between nc's safe and acceptable levels :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I didn't even write one. Missed it in the application. Hopefully, it doesn't bite me in the you know what when D-Day rolls around.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
I dont think it matters. I could not find a place to mention some of my extra curriculars in the essays and felt I could use the optional essay. So if you have did not face this problem- then you dont have to worry about this. I had written an essay for Duke that I used for this.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
clobo wrote:
With the decision deadline coming up in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering if anyone was getting anxious. I know I am, but I can't remember how my interview went as it was so long ago (11/13). I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay. I guess we shall wait and see!

I am facing the same predicament. Is it advisable to mention in the essay that i would do this in Ross.. or just stick to the question and not mention about the fit in Ross.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I wrote about my interest in the Tauber Institute of Global Operations and why it along with a Ross MBA would be such a good fit for my career goals. I was constrained a bit by the word limit though and didn't write much - maybe 2-3 sentences.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
toDoorNot wrote:
clobo wrote:

I am facing the same predicament. Is it advisable to mention in the essay that i would do this in Ross.. or just stick to the question and not mention about the fit in Ross.

The question does ask who / what made you apply to Ross so that part does ask you to talk about fit.

By the way, typically how many words are people devoting to describing their sort term / long term career goals? Mine is around 180 words and i am worried that it might not be sufficient. are you guys talking in detail about the reasoning behind those career choices?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  104