It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2007, 11:13
I second that (interviews are just another data point) from my CBS experience.. when I talked to my interviewer after my ding, she was nice and honest to me that she had given me a strong recommendation for admission, and high marks on all points, and wasn't sure why I was denied adm.

I wish they had made up their mind. before the interview ..so I could've focussed more on my Ross app. .... :(
oh well, interviews are always good learning experiences.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2007, 11:22
gmat_march wrote:
I second that (interviews are just another data point) from my CBS experience.. when I talked to my interviewer after my ding, she was nice and honest to me that she had given me a strong recommendation for admission, and high marks on all points, and wasn't sure why I was denied adm.

I wish they had made up their mind. before the interview ..so I could've focussed more on my Ross app. .... :(
oh well, interviews are always good learning experiences.

I wish more schools were like MIT, where they interview only about 30% of applicants and accept 2/3rds of those people. But instead of dragging invites on like MIT, be like GSB and have a two week window where they invite folks.

I dont get why schools like Kellogg interview everyone, I do get someplace like Tuck where they encourage people to visit and interview because of its location a visit is important.

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2007, 14:04
How are the folks applying to Ross R2 coming along ? Planning to use the next couple of weeks productively to improve my Ross essays.

With Tepper pretty much bading goodbye and Darden debating furiously if they should even interview me....suddenly I find myself hoping for an admit from my "reach" schools.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ye' all.

http://sivaofperinkolam.blogspot.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2007, 23:42
I am over here, trying to tweak my essays to fall within the word limit. I am going 50-60 words over for all my essays. Is that ok?

Also any Indians who have done their undergrad in India applying to Ross. Would i qualify for the TOEFL waiver (undergrad in college where english was the only language of instruction and also spent 1.5 yrs in US)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2007, 01:20
toDoorNot wrote:
I am over here, trying to tweak my essays to fall within the word limit. I am going 50-60 words over for all my essays. Is that ok?

Also any Indians who have done their undergrad in India applying to Ross. Would i qualify for the TOEFL waiver (undergrad in college where english was the only language of instruction and also spent 1.5 yrs in US)

I applied in Round 1. You should definitely seek a TOEFL waiver. Just mention it in the optional essay.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2007, 08:02
toDoorNot wrote:

Adcoms don't count every word in the essay to make sure that you are not over 500-word limit. My essays were all over by 30-50 words, so as long as you don't go over 10% of the word limit, you *should* be fine.

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2007, 15:23
Thanks Nervous and Saurabh

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 09:10
With the decision deadline coming up in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering if anyone was getting anxious. I know I am, but I can't remember how my interview went as it was so long ago (11/13). I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay. I guess we shall wait and see!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 09:19
I decided not to check my application after clicking the submit button....without having a second look at my R1 essays, I know I could have done a hell a lot better in my essays. What's done is over and I hope I have better luck in my (more ambitious) R2 apps.

Just returned after posting suppl matl. for Ross....final tweaking of essays in progress before Jan 3rd deadline.

clobo wrote:
I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 09:43
I am looking forward to the decisions...i guess two weeks more huh :?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 10:49
Yup.....please give some more love for the unlucky gmatclubbers, who have no admits and just hope with them

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 14:14
How much is a safe word limit for the optional Ross essay. There is no limit mentioned.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 14:15
Safe is 300 - the word limit for the short essay. Acceptable is 500 - the word limit for the long essays.

My recommendation: Keep it within 1 page.

sperinko wrote:
How much is a safe word limit for the optional Ross essay. There is no limit mentioned.

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 14:52
Thanks nc...

Happy new year all !!

ncprasad wrote:
Safe is 300 - the word limit for the short essay. Acceptable is 500 - the word limit for the long essays.

My recommendation: Keep it within 1 page.

sperinko wrote:

Current Student

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 15:18
I wrote about 400 words...so...right between nc's safe and acceptable levels :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 17:09
I didn't even write one. Missed it in the application. Hopefully, it doesn't bite me in the you know what when D-Day rolls around.

Current Student

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2007, 19:46
I dont think it matters. I could not find a place to mention some of my extra curriculars in the essays and felt I could use the optional essay. So if you have did not face this problem- then you dont have to worry about this. I had written an essay for Duke that I used for this.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2007, 13:14
clobo wrote:
With the decision deadline coming up in a couple of weeks, I was just wondering if anyone was getting anxious. I know I am, but I can't remember how my interview went as it was so long ago (11/13). I took a look at my application and realized that Ross really didn't give applicants the opportunity to express their interest in the program except in the goals essay. I guess we shall wait and see!

I am facing the same predicament. Is it advisable to mention in the essay that i would do this in Ross.. or just stick to the question and not mention about the fit in Ross.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2007, 23:28
I wrote about my interest in the Tauber Institute of Global Operations and why it along with a Ross MBA would be such a good fit for my career goals. I was constrained a bit by the word limit though and didn't write much - maybe 2-3 sentences.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2007, 08:23
toDoorNot wrote:
clobo wrote:

I am facing the same predicament. Is it advisable to mention in the essay that i would do this in Ross.. or just stick to the question and not mention about the fit in Ross.

The question does ask who / what made you apply to Ross so that part does ask you to talk about fit.

By the way, typically how many words are people devoting to describing their sort term / long term career goals? Mine is around 180 words and i am worried that it might not be sufficient. are you guys talking in detail about the reasoning behind those career choices?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] 30 Dec 2007, 08:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap