Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:31 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
CFACharterholder22,

I didn't notice that form either until your post. I already sent in my enrollment papers. Did you call them about faxing it? Where can I get the fax number from? Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
I envy you Asharc and Charter22....I am getting nightmares of rejects... :roll:

Basically will be 30 this year...and don't know if I have it in me to apply again in Jan/Fall and do a 3-yr Part Time MBA if I get rejected this year. Also, I don't know what I would do in the next 6-mths to show improvement in the application besides taking the GMAT again.

Well..these are the thoughts that consume me these days.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
I faxed it to the number on the enrollment reply form. The number is 212-995-4231. They have to receive and process your deposit before you get access to the database. I made a little note at the bottom of the form stating that I already sent in the other two forms with my deposit. The only reason I didn't notice this form is because I printed the stuff from the online new student tour and submitted it the day I got my electronic admission notice. My paper admission packet didn't arrive until two days later and I just started messing with it this morning. I saw that extra form and was a little annoyed that it wasn't available on the online student tour. Anyway, I submitted it this morning so I should have access in the near future.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
With MBA applications up across the board, I think it's safe to assume that the applications for a top part-time program like NYU is up as well.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Bozo190101, your stats are on par with other admits and you have a masters degree. Your goals and fit with Stern are probably your make or break application points. If you did well on those, you're probably safe. Also, you can do the 2 year accelerated program. That's what I'm doing. You just need to do what your signature says and believe in yourself. I'm rooting for you.

Originally posted by CFACharterholder22 on 10 Jun 2008, 13:54.
Last edited by CFACharterholder22 on 10 Jun 2008, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
bozo,

I checked out your stats as well and I think you have a very good chance of getting in....hang in there...it will happen.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Thanks so much for the vote of confidence CFACharter22 and asharc.
Yes, I should definitely be more patient...we should be hearing in a couple of weeks (June End-July)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
bozo190101 wrote:
Thanks so much for the vote of confidence CFACharter22 and asharc.
Yes, I should definitely be more patient...we should be hearing in a couple of weeks (June End-July)

bozo,

Unfortunately, you're going to have to be more patient. They seem to pluck the high gmat/high gpa/good work experience quickly, then work their way down. The few whom they've accepted have very high gmat scores.

You have a ways to go before you should start worrying. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For those who have already been accepted, How many people applied and how many have been notified. This should be posted on your status check page. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
For those who have already been accepted, How many people applied and how many have been notified. This should be posted on your status check page. Thanks.

It's not. It just says they're in receipt of my enrollment deposit, to allow up to 5 days for the Kroll login to be activated and to visit the Langone Program website for the New Student Tour. It aslo still has the option to update my information but there are no stats of any kind on the page. Also, there aren't any stats that I can access in the new student tour as of yet. There is a button on the left of the new student tour that says "Who are my classmates?" When I click that, it takes me to another screen and there is another link I can click. When I click it, I get this message:
Element TERM is undefined in SESSION.

The error occurred in /web/w4/langone/tour/classmates.cfm: line 4

2 : <cfset sort_field = form.sort_field>
3 : <cfquery name="classmates" datasource="sms5">
4 : select * from dbo.as_admitlogin where share_contact_info = 'Y' and std_term_id = '#Session.term#' and name_last not in (select name_last from as_admitlogin where name_last like 'ZZZ%')
5 : order by <cfoutput>#sort_field#</cfoutput></cfquery>
6 : <html>

Notice line 4 where the coding mentions share contact info. Since I didn't submit that form to share my information until yesterday, I don't have access. So be patient. I'll have access soon and I'll give you guys an update.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I figure since I've been anonymously perusing this site for a few months now, I may as well become an active participant. Question for you guys: did most of you only put one schedule option or did you indicate more than one? I put that I preferred weeknights but could also do weekends (though I'm now sort of regretting that because I really don't want to lose my weekends!) and it occurred to me that they might place people with only one preference first and then fill in others that have more flexibility. I know they say your scheduling preferences don't make a difference, but for some reason I don't buy it. Thoughts?

And while I'm at it, here are my stats:
28-yr-old WF
GMAT: 700 (42Q/44V/5.5)
GPA: 3.7
WE: 6 years in book publishing (not a traditional pre-MBA field, I know, but I'm hoping that will work in my favor) with strong career progression and great management experience

Good luck to everyone! It's nice to have company during the agony of waiting.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
Question for you guys: did most of you only put one schedule option or did you indicate more than one? I put that I preferred weeknights but could also do weekends (though I'm now sort of regretting that because I really don't want to lose my weekends!) and it occurred to me that they might place people with only one preference first and then fill in others that have more flexibility. I know they say your scheduling preferences don't make a difference, but for some reason I don't buy it. Thoughts?

I don't think it matters at all if you put all three choices as options regardless of your ranking. If you left any of the three off completely as in you can't go, that probably decreases your chances if you're a borderline accept/reject candidate.

Update on the database wait: I still can't get in but I e-mailed them yesterday asking why. I did, however, get my NetID today and logged into SIMON. Also, I've been going over the material for the quantitative test we have to take and it's super easy. I'll let you guys know when I get in the database so I can give updates. Until then, Tenore's post at the bottom of this link is still the best bet for info:
102-t59931?sk=t&sd=a&start=100
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Quote:
Question for you guys: did most of you only put one schedule option or did you indicate more than one? I put that I preferred weeknights but could also do weekends (though I'm now sort of regretting that because I really don't want to lose my weekends!) and it occurred to me that they might place people with only one preference first and then fill in others that have more flexibility. I know they say your scheduling preferences don't make a difference, but for some reason I don't buy it. Thoughts?

I don't think it matters at all if you put all three choices as options regardless of your ranking. If you left any of the three off completely as in you can't go, that probably decreases your chances if you're a borderline accept/reject candidate.

Update on the database wait: I still can't get in but I e-mailed them yesterday asking why. I did, however, get my NetID today and logged into SIMON. Also, I've been going over the material for the quantitative test we have to take and it's super easy. I'll let you guys know when I get in the database so I can give updates. Until then, Tenore's post at the bottom of this link is still the best bet for info:
102-t59931?sk=t&sd=a&start=100

wow. thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed it. That stat tenore gathered is awesome, and should answer all the "when do I find out the result?" "If don't get a response, does that mean i'm dinged" "when do most people get responses back" types of questions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So no admits this week except the couple of admits in BusinessWeek forum!? Another weekend to kill, before the obsessive checking of status site/email restarts..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Guys,

Nice to read all your inputs on this thread. Impressive compilations by Tenore and CFACharterholder22.

My profile:
GMAT: 710 (48Q/40V), AWA: 5.0
Undergrad: BTech Mechanical Engineering, India. Grade: 1st Division w/ Distinction
Grad: MS Computer Science, GPA 3.8
Post Bacc course in Finance from Columbia Business School
7yrs in Software Consultancy and Pharmaceutical IT compliance. Currently with a big pharma.

I am a re-applicant. I improved my GMAT and worked on other aspects of my app since my last try. I hope I make it this time.
I have a question for the folks who have been admitted. What are the post-decision activities that an applicant needs to take care of before the classes start? I may be out of country for a month or 2 before Sep and I was wondering if one needs to be physically present here for any documentation, tests etc. Have they communicated about any orientation?
I will appreciate your response.

Good luck to everyone waiting.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
I have a question for the folks who have been admitted. What are the post-decision activities that an applicant needs to take care of before the classes start?

You have to fill out the enrollment reply form and pay the deposit within 2 weeks of receiving your acceptance to secure your spot. You can do this online and via fax but there is a $25 fee for the online service. You have to complete the Kroll verification which can be done if you have access to a fax machine. You have to pass the quantitative skills test. There will be a review CD in your admission packet. It's pretty easy. You have to complete an immunization form with dates you got your measles (both shot dates), mumps, and rubella immunizations. You must fill out a meningococcal meningitis vaccination form. If you haven't had that shot, you have to get it or check a box that says you know the risks of not having the immunization. You have to take submit a 2X2 passport photo of you in business attire with a form stating whether or not you want to be part of the Stern student database. There are a few other forms that are really easy to fill out and submit. Also, if you need financial aid, you need to get the ball rolling on that as soon as you're accepted. Basically, if you have internet access and a fax machine, you can do this stuff from anywhere in the world. Good luck on your reapp!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
I have access to the database. I'll give updates on Fridays around 5 PM regarding the total admitted. If I check and see a big bump in the total on a particular day, I'll post that too. As of right now, there are 67 students in the database including me. Here is the breakdown by industry:

Industry Total
Accounting/Control 2
Advertising 1
Consulting 3
Engineering 7
Finance-Comm Banking 2
Finance-Corp Finance 5
Finance-Other 7
Finance-Sale & Trade 5
General Management 3
Hum. Res./Personnel 1
Information Systems 8
Marketing 5
Operations/Prod 2
Other 9
Research & Develop 1
Sales/Business Dev 3
Strategic Planning 3

I'm not going to list undergrad schools of those admitted or employer information because I think that would be over stepping my bounds. It has all of that information in the database though. It's really interesting.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  60