Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 04:52 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 04:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 406 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Shortlisting school - 7 yrs - entrepreneur. [#permalink]
is my post too complicated to deserve a response from experts? Please help :(
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
namurad,

Sorry for the delayed reply; I've had my plate full for the past week. From your dream schools, both MIT and Wharton make sense given your tech entrepreneurial goals, but Kellogg has also been rated highly by Entrepreneur magazine. From your remaining list, I agree with you on Haas and CMU, and you could perhaps add UCLA, but the other schools you listed don't seem relevant to me. I don't think your blanket statement about European schools is true: Financial Times lists the following two European schools--IE Business School and Imperial College London Tanaka--in its top 10 entrepreneurship programs.

Good luck,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks a ton paul :)
OK, darden, cornell, Duke, tuck are out. btw, one major factor in shortlisting schools is the job prospects post MBA (as it is for every one). My main reason for focusing on technology schools is that I want to stay in technology afte MBA. Hence, I have not considered Babson (though it is the most highly rated entr. program). I would certainly not want to stay in Spain for a job. In that sense, IE might not be a good choice. am i right? according to bw/forbes tanaka does not even appear in top b schools list. Cambridge is one that is rated as a good school for technology, but, again its not among the top rated ones. I am confused about INSEAD. Is it worth applying there given my profile?

Accepted.com wrote:
namurad,

Sorry for the delayed reply; I've had my plate full for the past week. From your dream schools, both MIT and Wharton make sense given your tech entrepreneurial goals, but Kellogg has also been rated highly by Entrepreneur magazine. From your remaining list, I agree with you on Haas and CMU, and you could perhaps add UCLA, but the other schools you listed don't seem relevant to me. I don't think your blanket statement about European schools is true: Financial Times lists the following two European schools--IE Business School and Imperial College London Tanaka--in its top 10 entrepreneurship programs.

Good luck,
Send PM
Expert Reply
namurad,

I understand your desire to focus on schools that are strong in technology entrepreneurship, but I'm sure Babson would claim it is one of those schools. As for IE, I think its brand would help you across most of Europe, not just Spain. I don't know enough about your profile to comment on your chances at INSEAD. On the one hand, you appear to come from a common applicant demographic, which diminishes your chances. On the other, you have started a VC-funded firm already, which is impressive.

Hope this helps,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Paul. I realize that I am from a common applicant demographic. Here is my profile

Undergrad GPA - nothing to be proud of, but from an elite school (IIT) in India
Experience - 7 years at matriculation
Co-founded a firm that got funded.
extra curr. - average. Was involved in community activities as volunteer through out my tenure in undergrad. Initiated an IT project at an NGO to help it organize its activities better.

Accepted.com wrote:
namurad,

I understand your desire to focus on schools that are strong in technology entrepreneurship, but I'm sure Babson would claim it is one of those schools. As for IE, I think its brand would help you across most of Europe, not just Spain. I don't know enough about your profile to comment on your chances at INSEAD. On the one hand, you appear to come from a common applicant demographic, which diminishes your chances. On the other, you have started a VC-funded firm already, which is impressive.

Hope this helps,
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks. Best of luck to you with your applications.
GMAT Club Bot