Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 07:46 It is currently 03 May 2024, 07:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Kudos
Latest count: 304
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anybody has heard back from kroll?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have not heard from kroll either. I hope they will notify us soon.

I have already registered for the classes. Where can i find the health form that we have to submit?

Also, we should arrange happy hour before the preterm weekend? It woudl be nice to start meeting the people that will be our "best friends" for the next ocuple of years. Anybody up for it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
langonefall2008 wrote:
I have not heard from kroll either. I hope they will notify us soon.

I have already registered for the classes. Where can i find the health form that we have to submit?

I called the health center and they are mailing it to me.
I actually had my blood drawn today so that my doctor can confirm immunizations. Seems that no one has a record…
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q49  V39
Send PM
I feel that the adcom is filling up the weeknight option first. Does anyone else feel the same way? And with Fridays being a short working day at the adcom office, I also feel that I have to wait until next week for an answer.

By the way, I am still baffled with the application link...it's still on the school website!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think I agree too. I am patiently waiting for weekend option. Looks like next week will be the big week for mass notification updates. How many seats should be assumed to be available.

On another note for all those that have been admitted, does the admitted student database show number of weeknight admits vs. weekend admits.

Is the deadline notification on 8/1 or 7/31, as 8/1 is a Friday and the adcom has short working days on friday. Any thoughts?

jerseygirl wrote:
I feel that the adcom is filling up the weeknight option first. Does anyone else feel the same way? And with Fridays being a short working day at the adcom office, I also feel that I have to wait until next week for an answer.

By the way, I am still baffled with the application link...it's still on the school website!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
empire wrote:
Is the deadline notification on 8/1 or 7/31, as 8/1 is a Friday and the adcom has short working days on friday. Any thoughts?

It is 8/1 according to the website. In theory, notifications are sent out on working days. It's just that a lot of people (especially me!) get less done on Fridays. But I think 8/1 might be an exception as people have a tendency to wait until the last minute to get things done! That is also something I can attest to :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The students DB doesn't mention if someone has been admitted into Weekend or Weeknights.

From the Core Groups (the way students have been divided into classes), it appears (just my guess) that Westchester and Weekends make up approx. 20% each of the total available seats and Weekdays make up the rest. And we haven't seen many Weekend admits in this or BW forum yet. So, Weekend applicants, don't give up yet! Good news will soon knock your door.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
If the weekday option takes 80% seat, it's easy for applicants to get in this option. Any thought?

mbaatbigapple wrote:
The students DB doesn't mention if someone has been admitted into Weekend or Weeknights.

From the Core Groups (the way students have been divided into classes), it appears (just my guess) that Westchester and Weekends make up approx. 20% each of the total available seats and Weekdays make up the rest. And we haven't seen many Weekend admits in this or BW forum yet. So, Weekend applicants, don't give up yet! Good news will soon knock your door.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1576 [0]
Send PM
welldone2008 wrote:
If the weekday option takes 80% seat, it's easy for applicants to get in this option. Any thought?

mbaatbigapple wrote:

It depends on the breakdown of the options chosen among applicant poll. If exactly 80% of applicants chose weekday and 20% of those chose weekend, then the difficulty would be the same. I wish I know the data.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a question for the earlier admits:

I am awaiting further information from the financial aid office and probably won't hear from them for another week or so. In the meantime, I paid my initial deposit and would like to register for my core group and classes because I have a strong preference for a T/Thurs schedule. It seems that you can't do so without either your aid info or paying it by credit card/check. Does anyone have any idea how urgent this is? Is it urgent enough to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement from the Stafford Loan program?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
so the question is whether 80% applicants choose weekday option and 20% chooses weekend and westchester?

bkk145 wrote:
welldone2008 wrote:

mbaatbigapple wrote:

It depends on the breakdown of the options chosen among applicant poll. If exactly 80% of applicants chose weekday and 20% of those chose weekend, then the difficulty would be the same. I wish I know the data.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SternPT wrote:
I have a question for the earlier admits:

I am awaiting further information from the financial aid office and probably won't hear from them for another week or so. In the meantime, I paid my initial deposit and would like to register for my core group and classes because I have a strong preference for a T/Thurs schedule. It seems that you can't do so without either your aid info or paying it by credit card/check. Does anyone have any idea how urgent this is? Is it urgent enough to pay out of pocket and wait for reimbursement from the Stafford Loan program?

I would guess that the core groups haven’t yet been filled enough to really limit your choices. Only 2/3rds of eventual 450 enrollees can even access the registration form, and what percentage of them have already registered? However, I am sure the situation will soon change as people strive to meet the August 11th deadline.

I would guess that if you register by next week, you’ll probably be OK.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got in.. email came at 12:37
Still cannot belive it! I`m so happy!

Got accepted for weeknight option, even though it was my second choice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
doesn't this mean too many applicants for weekend option but not enough applicants for weeknight?

brewsterthecat wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
welldone2008 wrote:
doesn't this mean too many applicants for weekend option but not enough applicants for weeknight?

brewsterthecat wrote:

I don't know if it means there arent enough apps for weeknights, but it does seem to indicate that weekend may be filled. It's possible that NYU has limited ability to seat weekend folk.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just got in! Got into weeknight option which was my second preference as well.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  60