Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 22:57 It is currently 18 May 2024, 22:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Question for those who have already registered... Did any of you guys "waive" the health insurance through the online waiver form available at Health Services website? Is that really required? I spoke with someone from the Bursar office and she said, for Langone it's not necessary. However, after I completed registering, the system told me to complete this waiver online. Did any of you do that?

I waived the health insurance. Not a difficult process. I just need to deal with the Quantitative Assessment now. Anyone tackle it yet?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Send PM
SternPT wrote:
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Question for those who have already registered... Did any of you guys "waive" the health insurance through the online waiver form available at Health Services website? Is that really required? I spoke with someone from the Bursar office and she said, for Langone it's not necessary. However, after I completed registering, the system told me to complete this waiver online. Did any of you do that?

I waived the health insurance. Not a difficult process. I just need to deal with the Quantitative Assessment now. Anyone tackle it yet?

I took it last night. It took me 90 mins. While the assessment isn't that difficult, it took me a lot longer than I expected. I spend most of my time trying to review calculus materials I haven't used in 6 years! The upside is you are not under time pressure so make sure you are confident with your answer. I ended up missing a 3-pointer.

With that said, math is my strength and I can totally see someone with non-technical background having a tough time with these concepts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SternPT wrote:

Thanks SternPT. Looks like completion of that waiver is a necessary step.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
waiting for kroll is becoming quite frustrating. Anyone hear anything?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
I got my all clear from Kroll a few days ago. Someone else got it the same day as me. It comes in an e-mail from NYU. The e-mail went into my spam folder so you may want to check that.

I know how to see what courses they put me in with my remaining requirements screen but it doesn't actually state that I'm in the Blue Core Group anywhere. Is there a place to see this information. I'd like to get the extra confirmation. Thanks.

The following is from the Langone website:

Quote:
Can I switch Core Groups? I didn't get my first choice.

The Office of Records & Registration places students into Core Groups according to your rankings. You may not change Core Groups after you have been placed in classes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
What's the latest db count ? .... waitlisters are still on square one !!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:

Quote:

The Office of Records & Registration places students into Core Groups according to your rankings. You may not change Core Groups after you have been placed in classes.

rankings? Hmmm interesting.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got my all clear from Kroll a few days ago. Someone else got it the same day as me. It comes in an e-mail from NYU. The e-mail went into my spam folder so you may want to check that.

CFA or others,

Just curious, are you aware of what specific info Kroll requested from your employer? Also, did they call them or send them a form to be completed?
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
CFA or others,

Just curious, are you aware of what specific info Kroll requested from your employer? Also, did they call them or send them a form to be completed?

The only thing I know they did was confirm my employment details from titles held to salaries. I would imagine they confirmed that I am a CFA Charterholder but I don't know for sure. They didn't contact either of the people who wrote my recommendations. I submitted everything in early June and they contacted my HR department about 10 days later. I didn't get the confirm that all is well from Stern until July 29th.

NYU08 is the only other person on this forum that has reported getting the confirmation. The e-mail will come from decisions@stern.nyu.edu. It reads:

Quote:
July 29, 2008

Via email: *****@********

Dear ***,

Welcome to the NYU Stern Langone Program! We have received your enrollment deposit and your verification process has been satisfactorily
completed. We are thrilled that you are part of our community.

Welcome to NYU Stern and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Anika Davis Pratt
Assistant Dean, MBA Admissions and Financial Aid
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Please check what is the latest DB?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
welldone2008 wrote:
Please check what is the latest DB?
Thanks.

Latest DB count: 393.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was admitted Jul 16 but I haven't received my health forms yet. Not sure whats up. Anyone in a similar situation?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rskaushik wrote:
I was admitted Jul 16 but I haven't received my health forms yet. Not sure whats up. Anyone in a similar situation?

rskaushik,

I never received mine either but called the Health Center and requested them.....received them in the mail two days later.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V39
Send PM
kidderek wrote:

Quote:

rankings? Hmmm interesting.

That raised my eyebrows too. What kind of ranking is that?!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jerseygirl wrote:

Quote:

That raised my eyebrows too. What kind of ranking is that?!

My guess is that they probably meant the students' ranking of their preferred Core Group. I don't think they would come up with any ranking of all the admitted students as it's impossible (in my opinion) to do so at this point of time for them.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Quote:
My guess is that they probably meant the students' ranking of their preferred Core Group. I don't think they would come up with any ranking of all the admitted students as it's impossible (in my opinion) to do so at this point of time for them.

I would imagine it is students' ranking + date submitted. So it's first come first serve. I think that would be the only fair way to do it. I would find it hard to believe that they "rank" us as in one student is better than another before they've taken a course yet.

As for the database, it went down to 388 yesterday around 3 something and then back up to 391 by the end of the day. One thing I have noticed is that people are definitely not put in the database the same day they are admitted. To confirm this, I spent about 15 minutes figuring out who some admitted people on the forum are. It was easy to find several where their screen name matched something in their e-mail address or their screen name is their first initial and last name followed by numbers. Since I've been doing this whole ranking of colleges thing, I've kept a log of the student database of who was admitted and what date they were added to the database. Crossing that with the dates the people I've identified said they were admitted, here are the examples I've found:

Date Admitted-------Date Added to Dbase
06/16--------------------07/02
06/18--------------------06/24
06/25--------------------06/26
06/26--------------------07/02
07/02--------------------07/07
07/02--------------------07/14
07/03--------------------07/14
07/16--------------------07/30
07/16--------------------07/24
07/23--------------------07/24
07/25--------------------07/28

So based on this sample, the database lags by a minimum of 1 day. There are a few ways to look at this. 1) You are not put in the database until you fax or electronically submit your acceptance. If you did it from the website the same day you were admitted, you go in the next day. Then the people who either change their mind or are red flagged by Kroll are removed later. 2) You always go in as soon as the person responsible for maintaining the database gets around to it no matter what. Any lag is do to the fact that it is summer and that person may either not be around everyday, lazy, mistake prone and forgets to put people in sometimes, or just feels that it doesn't matter as long as you are eventually put in. 3) There are probably more reasons but I think everyone gets the point. The database has a minimum of a 1 day lag at all times. It has now been proven.
Intern
Intern
:-D

Originally posted by NYUorbust on 06 Aug 2008, 06:46.
Last edited by NYUorbust on 15 Aug 2008, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47  ...  60