Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
Question!

How did you guys fill out the self-reported transcript form? I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to enter my transcripts.

Did you guys put each semester in a separate "sample term"? If so, how did you enter courses that ran a full year? Did you put it in each "sample term"? How did you calculate the GPA?

I took summer classes too, but if I start to break each term up, I don't think I'll have enough space since there are 15 "sample terms".

I was thinking of cramming each year into a "sample term", but then I'd have to start inserting extra cells.

Help!

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Kudos
refurb wrote:
Question!

How did you guys fill out the self-reported transcript form? I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to enter my transcripts.

Did you guys put each semester in a separate "sample term"? If so, how did you enter courses that ran a full year? Did you put it in each "sample term"? How did you calculate the GPA?

I took summer classes too, but if I start to break each term up, I don't think I'll have enough space since there are 15 "sample terms".

I was thinking of cramming each year into a "sample term", but then I'd have to start inserting extra cells.

Help!

RF

these forms are really ridiculous. What I did:
- I put each semester in a separate sample term.
- I put summer classes as their own term and called them "Summer Term"
- My transcript from school calculates my semesterly GPA so I just used that. I put the total GPA at the top of the form (ther's a field for it)
- I think it's okay if you have more sample terms - just add more! I think if they clearly follow the format, you're fine.

I hope this helps!!
ac.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
ooh and also: the tuck transcript form is the same as HBS w/ a different color. dunno if that helps but if you've done one, just copy past and voila!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
refurb wrote:
I did my on-campus interview yesterday. I didn't get any question that haven't already been mentioned here. I was impressed with just how conversational the interview was, no hint of being "tested", if you will.

Mine was conversational too. And, everyone interviewing on the day I visited said the same thing. The challenge, for me, in such interviews is not losing guard.

Quote:
There were 8 people interviewing yesterday, but since the first-years have their fall break now, the campus was pretty empty. I got to sit in on a 2nd year real estate class which was very interesting.

Wow thats interesting. The day I interviewed, there were around 35 people and I think everyone was interviewing. Of course, it was couple of days before the early action deadline and plus it was a monday.

Quote:
The Q&A session with the adcom was interesting. I asked about loans for international students and I guess Citibank just killed their program with Tuck (not surprising). But she said the Dean is working hard to setup an alternative loan program and she is confident something will be arranged soon.

In the Q & A that I attended, the adcom stressed on the fact that since they are a top school THEY will make sure that you have the adequate resources.

RG
Current Student
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
these forms are really ridiculous. What I did:
- I put each semester in a separate sample term.
- I put summer classes as their own term and called them "Summer Term"
- My transcript from school calculates my semesterly GPA so I just used that. I put the total GPA at the top of the form (ther's a field for it)
- I think it's okay if you have more sample terms - just add more! I think if they clearly follow the format, you're fine.

I hope this helps!!
ac.

Thanks! I just finished mine and I did basically what you did. I think it will work, it's pretty clearly laid out.

I have another issue! I attended two different undergrads which used two different GPA scales. Sooo..... I can't put a overall GPA in (it asks you not to convert to a 4-point scale).

I send the admissions people a quick email. We'll see what they say....

RF
Current Student
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
In the Q & A that I attended, the adcom stressed on the fact that since they are a top school THEY will make sure that you have the adequate resources.

RG

I think a lot of international students are really worried about it, but like you said, the top schools have a vested interest in fixing the problem, not only for prospective students, but also current students.

RF
Current Student
Send PM
refurb wrote:
I have another issue! I attended two different undergrads which used two different GPA scales. Sooo..... I can't put an overall GPA in (it asks you not to convert to a 4-point scale).

I send the admissions people a quick email. We'll see what they say....

RF

FYI, the admissions staff said to leave the cumulative GPA and yearly GPA entries blank and to include a short blurb in the optional essay explaining why.

RF
Current Student
Send PM
Another question about the transcripts form. This is probably a stupid question, but...

If you entered each course by term, how did you handle courses that ran the full year (two terms)? Did you enter the course in both terms along with the grade and calculate the GPA for each term?

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I applied in the EA round and found the self-report transcript very annoying too. My transcript has several courses which do not count towards the GPA, so I decided put them as "Pass - Not included in Average". I didn't state the actual marks, because the GPA average won't add up otherwise.
In hindsight, I am not sure whether that will get me into trouble later on (if Tuck thinks I tried to lie). I am hesitant to email them again though, as I already bugged them earlier to fix something else. Don't want to be a pest.

This application process is so stressful.
Current Student
Send PM
acwong wrote:
I applied in the EA round and found the self-report transcript very annoying too.

I kinda like it, but I kinda hate it too.

I like it because it combines all the undergrad work I did at two different schools. I think if they tried to decipher my transcripts alone, it would take some time.

The reason I hate it is because it kinda messes with my GPA too. I had a couple bad terms in my first two years, but when combined with the other courses I took that year, my GPA is pretty good. When you split it up into terms, I have one really good term and one bad one.

Oh well!

RF
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I had a similar situation and the Wharton adcom said it's OK to not report those marks. Now that's Wharton not Tuck. But seriously I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you flat out lie about the grades.

acwong wrote:
I applied in the EA round and found the self-report transcript very annoying too. My transcript has several courses which do not count towards the GPA, so I decided put them as "Pass - Not included in Average". I didn't state the actual marks, because the GPA average won't add up otherwise.
In hindsight, I am not sure whether that will get me into trouble later on (if Tuck thinks I tried to lie). I am hesitant to email them again though, as I already bugged them earlier to fix something else. Don't want to be a pest.

This application process is so stressful.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
I'm sitting on the Dartmouth Coach right now. Getting ready for the interview tomorrow :)

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
terp06 wrote:
I'm sitting on the Dartmouth Coach right now. Getting ready for the interview tomorrow :)

right on, terp...good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
terp06 wrote:

Good luck, buddy!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
charlieb wrote:
I had a similar situation and the Wharton adcom said it's OK to not report those marks. Now that's Wharton not Tuck. But seriously I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like you flat out lie about the grades.

Thanks Charlie. Since there is a reception in my area today, I will probably ask the Adcom just to ease my mind.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
I had my interview today. Same typical questions - Why Tuck, Why MBA. My interviewer also spent a fair amount of time drilling into my extracurricular involvements and leadership stories - this seemed quite important to them. At the end, they opened it up for me to ask questions about Tuck. Overall, I couldn't read my interviewer very well and I have no idea how I did. We'll see what happens.
Current Student
Send PM
terp06 wrote:
My interviewer also spent a fair amount of time drilling into my extracurricular involvements and leadership stories - this seemed quite important to them.

That's really weird. I was expecting that, but I got zero questions about ECs! I put a couple on my resume that are kind of unique, so I thought I'd at least get a question out of curiosity.

RF
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  37