Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 03:18 It is currently 02 May 2024, 03:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
hi there...I submitted my part-1 on 10/2/08 and 2 on 10/17/08. I am from Chicago area and have requested an off campus interview. But I received an email today asking me if I could interview on campus this Thurs/Fri or Saturday. Else they would look into setting me up with an alumni. I have some other engagements this week in my office that i would like to complete but they can wait as well. At the same time I don't feel I'm really prepared for the interview yet. I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my questions:

1)Would it sound bad if I refuse to interview on campus as requested on the above dates? Like a lack of interest .....
2)If I am able to get an interview off campus..how much time in advance do they generally give before we can schedule an interview with an alumni....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
meeishal wrote:
hi there...I submitted my part-1 on 10/2/08 and 2 on 10/17/08. I am from Chicago area and have requested an off campus interview. But I received an email today asking me if I could interview on campus this Thurs/Fri or Saturday. Else they would look into setting me up with an alumni. I have some other engagements this week in my office that i would like to complete but they can wait as well. At the same time I don't feel I'm really prepared for the interview yet. I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my questions:

1)Would it sound bad if I refuse to interview on campus as requested on the above dates? Like a lack of interest .....
2)If I am able to get an interview off campus..how much time in advance do they generally give before we can schedule an interview with an alumni....

I think that if you're in the Chicago area and can't devote 3 hours (drive there, interview, drive back) to interviewing on campus then it can appear to them that you aren't very serious about a Kellogg MBA. Maybe you can ask them to reschedule you for a different week where you aren't so swamped with work commitments?

If you end up with an alumni, it's up to the two of you to decide on a time and a place. At least that was the case with my alumni interview.
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
meeishal wrote:

I think when I was at kellogg they advise anyone within 50 miles to schedule an on-campus interview. It may have been nice to interview with alum, but I think since they asked you specificly, you should just go ahead and drive out there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thanks guys for your quick response. My problem is not that I dont want to drive... I have been to campus and I love it!! my problem is that I dont feel prepared to take interview this week plus the office engagement. So, is it usually ok to reschedule or is it looked down upon...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
I've got my Kellogg alum interview today! I'm pretty excited!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
still waiting for an inviteeeeeeeeeee
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Leverandon wrote:

GOODLUCK!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Leverandon wrote:

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Leverandon wrote:

Good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
terp26 wrote:

me too :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
terp26 wrote:

Aha! Got the Interview scheduling email this evening at 6 cst. Now just need to schedule the thing!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)
 Q49  V48
Send PM
In for Round 1.

Got my interview scheduling email today, Dallas area.

I appreciate all the info here, I will be sure to report back on my experiences.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Hey guys,

My interview went pretty well for Kellogg. I met with an alum in NYC and we went to a diner. It was very conversational and we talked about a number of things in addition to his prepared questions including the state of the financial markets and different social entrepreneurship projects that he was involved with/that his friends are involved with. Overall, I felt very positive about the interview.

Good luck to everyone who has not yet interviewed!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
ac8706 wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
terp26 wrote:

Aha! Got the Interview scheduling email this evening at 6 cst. Now just need to schedule the thing!

same for me AC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 483 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I've been pretty busy with a new job for the past two months, but wanted to update the folks on here who have helped me in the past.

Finished my Kellogg application in time for Round 1, and am scheduled to fly out to Evanston again in two weeks for my interview. I'm at a funny point with the experience, because I've been solely focussed on Kellogg for so long that I'm just about out of questions to ask. I think my essays turned out quite well, and had the right mix of personal story telling and evidence of my accomplishments/potential contributions to the school. I visited the school twice already, and have talked to at least 10 students/alumni/recruiters about the school in the past 6 months.

The further it got from clicking the "submit" button on those essays, (and the further the Phillies went in the playoffs!), I started to feel a little distanced from the application process. Interview is coming up soon, and once again it is time to practice articulating my goals and personal story for the interview, and then time to batton down the hatches and finish the essays for Chicago GSB.

I know we're all technically in direct competition with each other in this thread, which is an interesting dynamic in of itself, but I'm curious to know how you guys are managing the time in-between the essays submit and interview, and then after the interview? People at work are telling me to get on the phone to chat up the ad com associate directors so they know me by name better, but since I've already seen so much of the school, I don't have too many unanswered questions left, and no concern about "fit" at all, and I don't want to needlessly bug them. How often you talk to the adcom members you met at info sessions?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Maybe after game 5.5 of the world series tonight, I'll be able to focus a bit better!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
I've been pretty busy with a new job for the past two months, but wanted to update the folks on here who have helped me in the past.

Finished my Kellogg application in time for Round 1, and am scheduled to fly out to Evanston again in two weeks for my interview. I'm at a funny point with the experience, because I've been solely focussed on Kellogg for so long that I'm just about out of questions to ask. I think my essays turned out quite well, and had the right mix of personal story telling and evidence of my accomplishments/potential contributions to the school. I visited the school twice already, and have talked to at least 10 students/alumni/recruiters about the school in the past 6 months.

The further it got from clicking the "submit" button on those essays, (and the further the Phillies went in the playoffs!), I started to feel a little distanced from the application process. Interview is coming up soon, and once again it is time to practice articulating my goals and personal story for the interview, and then time to batton down the hatches and finish the essays for Chicago GSB.

I know we're all technically in direct competition with each other in this thread, which is an interesting dynamic in of itself, but I'm curious to know how you guys are managing the time in-between the essays submit and interview, and then after the interview? People at work are telling me to get on the phone to chat up the ad com associate directors so they know me by name better, but since I've already seen so much of the school, I don't have too many unanswered questions left, and no concern about "fit" at all, and I don't want to needlessly bug them. How often you talk to the adcom members you met at info sessions?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Maybe after game 5.5 of the world series tonight, I'll be able to focus a bit better!

Absolute worse thing you could probably do is harass the Adcom members right now. They have thousands of applications to look through and are probably busy. I'm managing it all by taking a vacation and waiting patiently for a decision. My interview was prior to submission, so I had the advantage of knowing that it went well prior to clicking submit. Headed to Mexico next week to take in some sun and relax...and hopefully, I will be one of the earlier decisions. I'm hoping to avoid putting effort into round 2 applications.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I'm in for Round 1. I already completed my interview in Atlanta, so I am just waiting like everyone else.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts