It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 18:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 169

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: San Francisco, CA
Schools: Michigan
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 17:35
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 248

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 18:06
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:

The further it got from clicking the "submit" button on those essays, (and the further the Phillies went in the playoffs!), I started to feel a little distanced from the application process. Interview is coming up soon, and once again it is time to practice articulating my goals and personal story for the interview, and then time to batton down the hatches and finish the essays for Chicago GSB.

I know we're all technically in direct competition with each other in this thread, which is an interesting dynamic in of itself, but I'm curious to know how you guys are managing the time in-between the essays submit and interview, and then after the interview? People at work are telling me to get on the phone to chat up the ad com associate directors so they know me by name better, but since I've already seen so much of the school, I don't have too many unanswered questions left, and no concern about "fit" at all, and I don't want to needlessly bug them. How often you talk to the adcom members you met at info sessions?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Maybe after game 5.5 of the world series tonight, I'll be able to focus a bit better!



Absolute worse thing you could probably do is harass the Adcom members right now. They have thousands of applications to look through and are probably busy. I'm managing it all by taking a vacation and waiting patiently for a decision. My interview was prior to submission, so I had the advantage of knowing that it went well prior to clicking submit. Headed to Mexico next week to take in some sun and relax...and hopefully, I will be one of the earlier decisions. I'm hoping to avoid putting effort into round 2 applications.


I completely agree. You don't want to be "that guy." If your essays and application are as good as you say they are, then it shouldn't matter if the adcom knows you by name or not.

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Location: Evanston, IL
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 21:43
nomsg7111 wrote:
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...


Heard Dec. 11th for round 1 (by phone). My response was one word "Wow"

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2008
Posts: 169

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Location: San Francisco, CA
Schools: Michigan
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 22:32
Steel wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...


Heard Dec. 11th for round 1 (by phone). My response was one word "Wow"


Another month is a long time. I suppose I should stop checking my email 5 times a day, and jumping every time I see an email marked "business" "mba" "school." :pc

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 22:35
nomsg7111 wrote:
Steel wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...


Heard Dec. 11th for round 1 (by phone). My response was one word "Wow"


Another month is a long time. I suppose I should stop checking my email 5 times a day, and jumping every time I see an email marked "business" "mba" "school." :pc


I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 08:14
riverripper wrote:

I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.



Neither one of those options makes a lot of sense. Nov 27th is Thanksgiving, so they would have to release prior to that date or Dec 1st.

If they released on the deadline, then the admissions decisions won't be rolling.

I know that I'm over analyzing this by leaps and bounds but work is slow today.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Posts: 104

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Schools: Texas
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 08:19
ruthlessgravity wrote:
riverripper wrote:

I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.



Neither one of those options makes a lot of sense. Nov 27th is Thanksgiving, so they would have to release prior to that date or Dec 1st.

If they released on the deadline, then the admissions decisions won't be rolling.

I know that I'm over analyzing this by leaps and bounds but work is slow today.


You are missing the point. Admission Decisions ARE released on a rolling basis. This is evidenced by the fact that last year fellow members hear received their calls on Nov. 27, Dec. 11, and as late as deadline day.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 08:24
icon wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
riverripper wrote:

I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.



Neither one of those options makes a lot of sense. Nov 27th is Thanksgiving, so they would have to release prior to that date or Dec 1st.

If they released on the deadline, then the admissions decisions won't be rolling.

I know that I'm over analyzing this by leaps and bounds but work is slow today.


You are missing the point. Admission Decisions ARE released on a rolling basis. This is evidenced by the fact that last year fellow members hear received their calls on Nov. 27, Dec. 11, and as late as deadline day.



Ops, misread it. good catch. Guess some will be hearing prior to the 27th this year.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 10:46
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Ops, misread it. good catch. Guess some will be hearing prior to the 27th this year.


I dont think anyone found out before thanksgiving last year so it proably will be similar this year. I found out right after thanksgiving last year.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jul 2005
Posts: 67

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

Location: USA
Schools: Haas, Booth-PT
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 12:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
here is another R1 applicant...just got my IV invite e-mail...

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 248

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 17:31
It seems that most schools send admits via email. Does Kellogg actually have someone call you to tell you that you've been admitted?

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Joined: 31 Dec 1969

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Location: Russian Federation
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 17:48
LOL I know I am late but I still love the photo, if it's you or not! Thanks for the interview information again!

ruthlessgravity wrote:
jlola21 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
I interviewed with an AO in my city back in September. What insight do you need into the process?

Interview went extremely well. She contacted me about setting up a time while she was in town for an event. Met in the lobby of a local hotel and it lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Walked her through my resume. She asked me about a former employer that was in the news at the time. Then my current employer and the dotcom I helped start with friends. My current job has had a lot of exposure to my former employer and so we discussed that. Asked about the promotion I received after my first year, and how my responsibilities changed.

Talked about raising capital for the venture. I name dropped how much I want to take Steven Roger's class. She was shocked that I knew who he was. Discussed how it has shaped why I want/need an MBA. Threw in that I'm coming from a small firm that doesn't have the general management training that others coming from GE will have...that plays into my why MBA.

She asked about my hobbies, the educational extracurricular activities I work on, and then we discussed some of the parts of the program I'm interested in.

All in all, the interview went really well. I recommend that your why MBA answer ties into Kellogg's general management curriculum and unique program offerings.


Ruthless, thanks for the interview information but what in the world is your picture and what is on your head?



Lol, that isn't an actual photo of me. I think its a 1980s wrestler with a styrofoam afro.

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 111

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg '11 (MMM)
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 18:18
My status on the 'Check App Status' page was changed to "All the required elements of your application are complete. " today, so I guess that's a good sign ...
_________________

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2008, 23:29
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3354

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 2

Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 08:29
Gil wrote:
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.



you cant blame hamas for that LOL...


wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..

Kudos [?]: 317 [0], given: 2

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 08:38
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.



you cant blame hamas for that LOL...


wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..



Well it's probably because there is a surge in Israeli applicants , with not a large alumni base there I would imagine?

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 09:43
terp26 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.



you cant blame hamas for that LOL...


wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..



Well it's probably because there is a surge in Israeli applicants , with not a large alumni base there I would imagine?


Probably right.

fortunately, have never had any interaction with the Hamas:)

Gil

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 249

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 10:22
terp26 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.



you cant blame hamas for that LOL...


wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..



Well it's probably because there is a surge in Israeli applicants , with not a large alumni base there I would imagine?

I heard something similar from an Indian applicant in India.
Who knows, in a few years Israeli/Male might trump Indian/Male. :)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 10:33
Not getting an interview right off is not too uncommon for some international areas. They only have alums do a few interviews and if there arent many alums who volunteered to do them...well then they start waiving interviews. If they like your application they will set up a phone interview (usually later in the round). However, without an interview, phone or in perso, you wont get in.
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Oct 2008
Posts: 300

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg School of Management
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2008, 14:51
riverripper wrote:
Not getting an interview right off is not too uncommon for some international areas. They only have alums do a few interviews and if there arent many alums who volunteered to do them...well then they start waiving interviews. If they like your application they will set up a phone interview (usually later in the round). However, without an interview, phone or in perso, you wont get in.


Thanks. Spoke to some candidates from previous yours who all said they were eventually interviewed by phone (and two got in!)

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2008, 14:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.