It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 04:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1263

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:41
Round 2. But I did my interview already.

When you write a thank you letter, do people usually get responses??
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Posts: 165

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:52
GoBruins wrote:
Round 2. But I did my interview already.

When you write a thank you letter, do people usually get responses??



Sometimes I do, sometimes no....I wouldn't worry. I know some people don't reply to thank yous because its basically like a 2 word reply..."You're welcome" :-D

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 248

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Schools: R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 16:36
GoBruins wrote:
Round 2. But I did my interview already.

When you write a thank you letter, do people usually get responses??


I did a hand written letter and did not get a response. (Not expecting one either)

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 19:27
hi there...I submitted my part-1 on 10/2/08 and 2 on 10/17/08. I am from Chicago area and have requested an off campus interview. But I received an email today asking me if I could interview on campus this Thurs/Fri or Saturday. Else they would look into setting me up with an alumni. I have some other engagements this week in my office that i would like to complete but they can wait as well. At the same time I don't feel I'm really prepared for the interview yet. I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my questions:

1)Would it sound bad if I refuse to interview on campus as requested on the above dates? Like a lack of interest .....
2)If I am able to get an interview off campus..how much time in advance do they generally give before we can schedule an interview with an alumni....

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 585

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 34

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 20:11
meeishal wrote:
hi there...I submitted my part-1 on 10/2/08 and 2 on 10/17/08. I am from Chicago area and have requested an off campus interview. But I received an email today asking me if I could interview on campus this Thurs/Fri or Saturday. Else they would look into setting me up with an alumni. I have some other engagements this week in my office that i would like to complete but they can wait as well. At the same time I don't feel I'm really prepared for the interview yet. I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my questions:

1)Would it sound bad if I refuse to interview on campus as requested on the above dates? Like a lack of interest .....
2)If I am able to get an interview off campus..how much time in advance do they generally give before we can schedule an interview with an alumni....

I think that if you're in the Chicago area and can't devote 3 hours (drive there, interview, drive back) to interviewing on campus then it can appear to them that you aren't very serious about a Kellogg MBA. Maybe you can ask them to reschedule you for a different week where you aren't so swamped with work commitments?

If you end up with an alumni, it's up to the two of you to decide on a time and a place. At least that was the case with my alumni interview.

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 34

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1263

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 22:56
meeishal wrote:
hi there...I submitted my part-1 on 10/2/08 and 2 on 10/17/08. I am from Chicago area and have requested an off campus interview. But I received an email today asking me if I could interview on campus this Thurs/Fri or Saturday. Else they would look into setting me up with an alumni. I have some other engagements this week in my office that i would like to complete but they can wait as well. At the same time I don't feel I'm really prepared for the interview yet. I would appreciate if someone could throw light on my questions:

1)Would it sound bad if I refuse to interview on campus as requested on the above dates? Like a lack of interest .....
2)If I am able to get an interview off campus..how much time in advance do they generally give before we can schedule an interview with an alumni....


I think when I was at kellogg they advise anyone within 50 miles to schedule an on-campus interview. It may have been nice to interview with alum, but I think since they asked you specificly, you should just go ahead and drive out there.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2008
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 06:49
Thanks guys for your quick response. My problem is not that I dont want to drive... I have been to campus and I love it!! my problem is that I dont feel prepared to take interview this week plus the office engagement. So, is it usually ok to reschedule or is it looked down upon...

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 07:02
I've got my Kellogg alum interview today! I'm pretty excited!
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 07:06
still waiting for an inviteeeeeeeeeee

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1263

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 10:51
Leverandon wrote:
I've got my Kellogg alum interview today! I'm pretty excited!


GOODLUCK!!!
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Posts: 415

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 10:55
Leverandon wrote:
I've got my Kellogg alum interview today! I'm pretty excited!


Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 585

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 34

Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 12:40
Leverandon wrote:
I've got my Kellogg alum interview today! I'm pretty excited!

Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 34

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 14:20
terp26 wrote:
still waiting for an inviteeeeeeeeeee

me too :(

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 17:51
ac8706 wrote:
terp26 wrote:
still waiting for an inviteeeeeeeeeee

me too :(


Aha! Got the Interview scheduling email this evening at 6 cst. Now just need to schedule the thing!

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Posts: 64

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Location: Dallas TX
Schools: HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2008, 21:56
In for Round 1.

Got my interview scheduling email today, Dallas area.

I appreciate all the info here, I will be sure to report back on my experiences.

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Posts: 278

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: New York City
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 05:15
Hey guys,

My interview went pretty well for Kellogg. I met with an alum in NYC and we went to a diner. It was very conversational and we talked about a number of things in addition to his prepared questions including the state of the financial markets and different social entrepreneurship projects that he was involved with/that his friends are involved with. Overall, I felt very positive about the interview.

Good luck to everyone who has not yet interviewed!
_________________

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1437

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 06:49
ac8706 wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
terp26 wrote:
still waiting for an inviteeeeeeeeeee

me too :(


Aha! Got the Interview scheduling email this evening at 6 cst. Now just need to schedule the thing!


same for me AC

Kudos [?]: 195 [0], given: 12

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 215

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 11:54
I've been pretty busy with a new job for the past two months, but wanted to update the folks on here who have helped me in the past.

Finished my Kellogg application in time for Round 1, and am scheduled to fly out to Evanston again in two weeks for my interview. I'm at a funny point with the experience, because I've been solely focussed on Kellogg for so long that I'm just about out of questions to ask. I think my essays turned out quite well, and had the right mix of personal story telling and evidence of my accomplishments/potential contributions to the school. I visited the school twice already, and have talked to at least 10 students/alumni/recruiters about the school in the past 6 months.

The further it got from clicking the "submit" button on those essays, (and the further the Phillies went in the playoffs!), I started to feel a little distanced from the application process. Interview is coming up soon, and once again it is time to practice articulating my goals and personal story for the interview, and then time to batton down the hatches and finish the essays for Chicago GSB.

I know we're all technically in direct competition with each other in this thread, which is an interesting dynamic in of itself, but I'm curious to know how you guys are managing the time in-between the essays submit and interview, and then after the interview? People at work are telling me to get on the phone to chat up the ad com associate directors so they know me by name better, but since I've already seen so much of the school, I don't have too many unanswered questions left, and no concern about "fit" at all, and I don't want to needlessly bug them. How often you talk to the adcom members you met at info sessions?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Maybe after game 5.5 of the world series tonight, I'll be able to focus a bit better!

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 1

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 61

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 12:00
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
I've been pretty busy with a new job for the past two months, but wanted to update the folks on here who have helped me in the past.

Finished my Kellogg application in time for Round 1, and am scheduled to fly out to Evanston again in two weeks for my interview. I'm at a funny point with the experience, because I've been solely focussed on Kellogg for so long that I'm just about out of questions to ask. I think my essays turned out quite well, and had the right mix of personal story telling and evidence of my accomplishments/potential contributions to the school. I visited the school twice already, and have talked to at least 10 students/alumni/recruiters about the school in the past 6 months.

The further it got from clicking the "submit" button on those essays, (and the further the Phillies went in the playoffs!), I started to feel a little distanced from the application process. Interview is coming up soon, and once again it is time to practice articulating my goals and personal story for the interview, and then time to batton down the hatches and finish the essays for Chicago GSB.

I know we're all technically in direct competition with each other in this thread, which is an interesting dynamic in of itself, but I'm curious to know how you guys are managing the time in-between the essays submit and interview, and then after the interview? People at work are telling me to get on the phone to chat up the ad com associate directors so they know me by name better, but since I've already seen so much of the school, I don't have too many unanswered questions left, and no concern about "fit" at all, and I don't want to needlessly bug them. How often you talk to the adcom members you met at info sessions?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Maybe after game 5.5 of the world series tonight, I'll be able to focus a bit better!



Absolute worse thing you could probably do is harass the Adcom members right now. They have thousands of applications to look through and are probably busy. I'm managing it all by taking a vacation and waiting patiently for a decision. My interview was prior to submission, so I had the advantage of knowing that it went well prior to clicking submit. Headed to Mexico next week to take in some sun and relax...and hopefully, I will be one of the earlier decisions. I'm hoping to avoid putting effort into round 2 applications.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 105

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 13:31
I'm in for Round 1. I already completed my interview in Atlanta, so I am just waiting like everyone else.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 29 Oct 2008, 13:31

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
47 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1425 12 Dec 2015, 22:52
82 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 09 Mar 2011, 22:55
12 Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! isa 737 17 Apr 2009, 12:55
34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 17 Jul 2009, 12:46
21 Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! isa 530 04 Jun 2009, 08:55
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.