GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 08:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 20:37
I am from Bangalore
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 22:43
Ditto... from Bangalore! Both me & hubby applied, both got interview waivers...

really dunno how to percieve this , but i guess it's not a good indicator!! :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 22:57
When did you guys apply...submit part 1? I wonder if its about the early birds catching the worm.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 23:12
Madz wrote:
Ditto... from Bangalore! Both me & hubby applied, both got interview waivers...

really dunno how to percieve this , but i guess it's not a good indicator!! :(

From Mumbai..got the waiver ( applied on 3rd October, actually was planning to attend campus but then realized it is too late to get a slot and checked the off-campus thing).

There is a LOT of alumni in Mumbai, even then got the waiver..bad sign. They say interview is not "the most important" indicator, i.e., ( i surmise) an important indicator nevertheless. If they can not afford to interview everyone, then why keep this applicant initiated interview..Tuck is better in this respect. At least you can check whether slot is available or not and in case, you did not interview, they interview you if you cross the first hurdle.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 00:07
From the school's website:-

I received an email informing me that my interview was waived. What does this mean, and am I at a disadvantage?
Interview waivers, which are sometimes granted when regional demand is heavy, have no bearing on admission decisions. If we feel an interview would be helpful in further assessing a candidate or would aid in rendering a decision, we will contact the applicant to schedule a telephone interview. Applicants may not request a telephone interview; we will invite waived candidates for telephone interviews throughout each application round. Many of our admitted students initially received an interview waiver and were subsequently contacted for a telephone interview.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 00:23
Madz wrote:
From the school's website:-

I received an email informing me that my interview was waived. What does this mean, and am I at a disadvantage?
Interview waivers, which are sometimes granted when regional demand is heavy, have no bearing on admission decisions. If we feel an interview would be helpful in further assessing a candidate or would aid in rendering a decision, we will contact the applicant to schedule a telephone interview. Applicants may not request a telephone interview; we will invite waived candidates for telephone interviews throughout each application round. Many of our admitted students initially received an interview waiver and were subsequently contacted for a telephone interview.

Means, if one doesn't get an invitation for telephonic inteview then he is cursed to that tensed limbo till the deadline, torn apart by the gradual seepage of reality and that perennial hope against all hopes of being an admit without an interview
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 03:23
Is anyone interviewing with the adcom in their local area? I got an email to interview with the adcom and to sign up for a slot, so I secured a spot with them but they said after the slots filled up they would identify you with a local alumni. Does anyone have insight on their process?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 06:49
is it normal not to have received an off campus invite by now?
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 18:35
jlola21 wrote:
Is anyone interviewing with the adcom in their local area? I got an email to interview with the adcom and to sign up for a slot, so I secured a spot with them but they said after the slots filled up they would identify you with a local alumni. Does anyone have insight on their process?

I interviewed with an AO in my city back in September. What insight do you need into the process?

Interview went extremely well. She contacted me about setting up a time while she was in town for an event. Met in the lobby of a local hotel and it lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Walked her through my resume. She asked me about a former employer that was in the news at the time. Then my current employer and the dotcom I helped start with friends. My current job has had a lot of exposure to my former employer and so we discussed that. Asked about the promotion I received after my first year, and how my responsibilities changed.

Talked about raising capital for the venture. I name dropped how much I want to take Steven Roger's class. She was shocked that I knew who he was. Discussed how it has shaped why I want/need an MBA. Threw in that I'm coming from a small firm that doesn't have the general management training that others coming from GE will have...that plays into my why MBA.

She asked about my hobbies, the educational extracurricular activities I work on, and then we discussed some of the parts of the program I'm interested in.

All in all, the interview went really well. I recommend that your why MBA answer ties into Kellogg's general management curriculum and unique program offerings.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 18:39
terp26 wrote:
is it normal not to have received an off campus invite by now?

don't know if it's normal, but I haven't gotten one yet either...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2008, 21:31
jlola21 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
jlola21 wrote:

I interviewed with an AO in my city back in September. What insight do you need into the process?

Interview went extremely well. She contacted me about setting up a time while she was in town for an event. Met in the lobby of a local hotel and it lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Walked her through my resume. She asked me about a former employer that was in the news at the time. Then my current employer and the dotcom I helped start with friends. My current job has had a lot of exposure to my former employer and so we discussed that. Asked about the promotion I received after my first year, and how my responsibilities changed.

Talked about raising capital for the venture. I name dropped how much I want to take Steven Roger's class. She was shocked that I knew who he was. Discussed how it has shaped why I want/need an MBA. Threw in that I'm coming from a small firm that doesn't have the general management training that others coming from GE will have...that plays into my why MBA.

She asked about my hobbies, the educational extracurricular activities I work on, and then we discussed some of the parts of the program I'm interested in.

All in all, the interview went really well. I recommend that your why MBA answer ties into Kellogg's general management curriculum and unique program offerings.

Ruthless, thanks for the interview information but what in the world is your picture and what is on your head?

Lol, that isn't an actual photo of me. I think its a 1980s wrestler with a styrofoam afro.
Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2008, 08:40
Just had my interview on campus. It was a bit tougher than I expected, but all-in-all I think I answered about 80% of questions well. I stumbled a few times, and probably talked a little longer than I should have (while the interviewer was smiling and taking copious notes).

Questions I remember:

*Talk about your undergraduate and graduate experience.
*Why MBA?
*Why Kellogg?
*Leadership experience?
*Challenging experience?
*Failure?
*What clubs/activities would you participate in at Kellogg?
*Anything you'd like to add?
*Anything you'd like to know about career and admissions?

Hope it helps people out there...
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2008, 21:06
Kellogg interview, hooooooooooooooooo!

On a scale of 1-10, my nervousness going into this interview was about 10...million. Coming out of the interview, I can't pinpoint anything that could have made it better.

I met with a 2008 graduate at a Starbucks. She was super nice and told me off the bat that we'd keep it informal and mainly conversational. The interview was a lot of back and forth, actually not much different than talking with all the other alumni and students that I had contacted during my research of Kellogg. We'd often start on one topic, such as "Why Kellogg?", and before I could get to all the points I had planned to cover the conversation transitioned into another topic. I really didn't mind this becuase by the end of the interview everything had come around full circle and I had basically touched on about 95% of the stuff I had wanted to say. The interview lasted a little over an hour.

Here are some of the the things we discussed:
Why Kellogg?
Resume walkthrough (career progression, extracurriculars).
My LT/ST goals.
How I became interested in these goals.
How I operate in a team setting.
Leadership examples.
Conflict at work.
My experiences during my visit.
Clubs.

Questions I asked her:
What did/does she do? Why Kellogg?
What were her favorite social/extracurricular activities at Kellogg?

Overall, the interview went pretty well. I missed the R1 deadline so as soon as I get my ass in gear and finish these essays, count me in for R2!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 00:46
Hi guys. I'm new here. Applied in round 1. Crossing my fingers:)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 10:06
You guys should start the R1 application roll call

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 10:31
Ok following rivers lead.... i will compile, but here we go

In for R1
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 10:36
terp26 wrote:
Ok following rivers lead.... i will compile, but here we go

In for R1

In for R1 as well. Good luck everyone.
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 11:05
thanks....check the first page for the list of R1 applicants. If I missed anyone please let me know.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2008, 11:49
terp26 wrote:
thanks....check the first page for the list of R1 applicants. If I missed anyone please let me know.

I didn't make the R1 deadline, so count me in for R2 instead :-(
Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2008, 13:21
i'm in for R1.
my status online still hasn't confirmed whether my application was received though...wonder how long it usually takes.
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! &nbs [#permalink] 27 Oct 2008, 13:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap