It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:29

Live Now:

GMAT Verbal Live on YouTube: Join Now!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 09:45
riverripper, maverick,

Just called Kellogg about my recommender finishing his recommendation 2 hours late. Their official response was that "We cannot guarantee a decision in round 1 and you might get pushed to round 2". Is there something you guys know that we might benefit from, knowing you're one of the ambasaddors? I'm not too happy about recieving an answer as non-committal as this.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:31
Just got an interview invite from Kellogg. Does Kellogg interview everyone or do some get interviews and others don't (like Wharton)? If not everyone is interviewed, what percentage of those interviewed ends up getting admitted?

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 3: 740 Q40 V50
GMAT 4: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 5: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 6: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 9: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 11: 500 Q47 V33
GMAT 14: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:37
Leverandon wrote:
Just got an interview invite from Kellogg. Does Kellogg interview everyone or do some get interviews and others don't (like Wharton)? If not everyone is interviewed, what percentage of those interviewed ends up getting admitted?

I thought everyone got interviewed?

Kudos [?]: [0], given:

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Schools: Attending HBS

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:42
This post received
KUDOS
Leverandon wrote:

All applicants are interviewed in order to be considered for admission. An interview is a required piece of everyone's application, just as an essay would be.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:42
jlola21 wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

Only people who don't get interviewed live in the middle of no where or overseas. If they are interested in you they will then do a phone interview. I think something like 98% of all people get interviewed.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:48
CaptainMolecule wrote:
riverripper, maverick,

Just called Kellogg about my recommender finishing his recommendation 2 hours late. Their official response was that "We cannot guarantee a decision in round 1 and you might get pushed to round 2". Is there something you guys know that we might benefit from, knowing you're one of the ambasaddors? I'm not too happy about recieving an answer as non-committal as this.

However, if you only talked to an office assistant or something then its not surprising that the answer you go. They most likely wouldnt really know the answer so they just give a fall back statement like that.

If by chance it was an adcom I think it might have something to do with volume being way up again (rumor is that its up a lot again this year). If your stuff got in before the deadline you will just go to the bottom of the pile of R1 people thanks to your rec being late. They will most likely get to it, but probably dont want to give a 100% yes since if they are having a hardtime completing all the reviews then people like you unfortunately will be the ones they put off.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 14:49
riverripper wrote:
jlola21 wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

Only people who don't get interviewed live in the middle of no where or overseas. If they are interested in you they will then do a phone interview. I think something like 98% of all people get interviewed.

Hmm. I submitted part 1 on 10/4 and requested an off campus interview...no word as yet. I'll give them a call on Friday to see what's up...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 15

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 15:09
ac8706 wrote:
Hmm. I submitted part 1 on 10/4 and requested an off campus interview...no word as yet. I'll give them a call on Friday to see what's up...

AC, per the Kellogg website, I think you were supposed to submit Part 1 by 10/3 if interviewing off campus. You probably want to call them. BTW, I received my invitation to interview off campus last week (submitted Part 1 in late August).

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 15

SVP
SVP

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2008, 17:44
maverick2011 wrote:
ac8706 wrote:

AC, per the Kellogg website, I think you were supposed to submit Part 1 by 10/3 if interviewing off campus. You probably want to call them. BTW, I received my invitation to interview off campus last week (submitted Part 1 in late August).

thanks mav - I wrote the wrong date on my first post. I submitted it on 10/1 so I should be good :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2008, 06:34
Anybody know when Kellogg starts releasing decisions? I interviewed back in September with an AO. I can post what I remember of the interview if it will help anyone prepare for theirs.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 99 [0], given: 1

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2008, 06:48
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Anybody know when Kellogg starts releasing decisions? I interviewed back in September with an AO. I can post what I remember of the interview if it will help anyone prepare for theirs.

About the week of Thanksgiving should be the earliest decision releases.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth '11

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2008, 07:05
I am going to submit an application for Round 2. Does anybody know whether there would be any advantage to getting my application in sooner rather than later? I realize the deadline for parts 1 and 2 are January 12th, but want to make it a goal to get my application completed by mid-November. It seems they do rolling admissions, so it seems that I could benefit by getting the application in sooner. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2008, 07:10
I dont think they do rolling admissions like Columbia. I submitted on deadline day and so did my recommenders last year. I interviewed in November not Sept like lots of folks. Yet I was still one of the first people admitted.

I wouldn't submit until I thought my application was the best it could ever be.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2008, 07:52
Another Kellogg R1 here, have been lurking around for a while and have benefitted a lot from this forum. Here is my profile:

Male, Indian, Project Manager - Top U.S. IT company, 8 yrs work ex, last 5 years in U.S.
GMAT 760 (99%, 95%)
so so exracurricular.
Target : Mgmt consulting

I have recieved interview email and am in process of scehduling.

Applied to Kellogg (dream) rd1 and UNC-KFBS(safety) early rd. More plans for rd2.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Schools: Yale SOM '11

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 06:39
This post received
KUDOS
Just saw this on Dealbreaker about Kellogg's CIM Ball: http://dealbreaker.com/2008/10/post-72.php#more

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 0

Director
Director

Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 06:45
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Just saw this on Dealbreaker about Kellogg's CIM Ball: http://dealbreaker.com/2008/10/post-72.php#more

Too funny, kudos +1

I wonder if River was one of the students "vomiting on themselves and on the Field Museum Floors"

:lol:

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 170 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 09:38
MeddlingKid wrote:
I am going to submit an application for Round 2. Does anybody know whether there would be any advantage to getting my application in sooner rather than later? I realize the deadline for parts 1 and 2 are January 12th, but want to make it a goal to get my application completed by mid-November. It seems they do rolling admissions, so it seems that I could benefit by getting the application in sooner. Can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!

I've talk to the admissions about this, they have something like a rolling rounds. They give acceptances throughout the round, so although being PC, she said it doesn't matter, but the truth is the class will start filling up as the round progresses, so best to submit when you know it's ready.

BTW I just did my interview yesterday, but I'm also round 2 since my LOR hasn't been submitted by one of my managers

Current Student

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 14:06
Hope this helps

Just had my interview, don't know if it went good or bad, but it was long. Most of it was after the interview where we talked about our past, kellogg. I don't know if the interviewer would add the conversation to her notes or not. But lasted about one and a half hours. I'm hoping length is a good thing.

My interviewer was really thorough, I think I got every question on the list. But we didn't really do a resume run through like most people have said. It was more like, Explain this job. (only asked about that) Other than that here's basicly the questions.

What do you do at your job?

Why Engineering?

Why MBA? Future short term?

Did you concider MMM program? (since I'm an engineer0

Future Long term?

Weakness and Strength?

Deal with Conflict with others?

How have you motivated someone?

How will you contribute to Kellogg?

(Here's the Kicker-didn't see this one before) If you were to be accepted by every school, what would be the deciding factor for your choice? (Did not answer this one well, I answered truthfully, but not well)

Among your leadership/volunteer experiences (on the resume, non-work), which ones to you think are most important and why?

That's all I can remember, a couple of the questions I didn't answer very well (weakness/which school will I choose/motivation). But we did talk for a long time, and I think she basicly got who I am. Oddly enough, my weakness one was a really bad answer.

Forgot one more!
Why type of problems do you usually have a harder time with? don't give specific problem, but catagory of problems. It was unusual question.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 20:08
Got an interview waiver. I think its more bad than good specially since im in an Area where there are a lot of alumni. Am i one of the few to have received an interview waiver? I know the school claims that many of the applicants who get interview waivers eventually get in, but is this true?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2008, 20:14
What area are you put up at? I also got the waiver email and am from NY region.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2008, 20:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap