Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 09:20 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 09:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: To Paul/Linda [#permalink]
Paul,

Not sure if you have been online since your last response, but I would really appreciate your feedback to the follow up questions above (especially the first question).

Thanks for your time.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
Blayze wrote:
Thank you for the feedback Paul. I was particularly interested in your answer to my main question. I just have a few follow-up questions based on your responses:

1) You mentioned H and S as "credible longshots" whereas I would be "competitive" at Wharton. Just curious about what your basis was for making this determination? What is the fundamental diff between the former and the latter with respect to my application that makes me more of a longshot at H&S vs W? What would you perceive as the weaknesses in my profile that make H/S stretches for me and what will be the main challenge in addressing this thru my applications?

2) With regards to the entrepreneurship aspirations I described in my original post, do you think this goal is "overplayed" or is this a strong angle to take with regards to positioning my goals and reasons for the MBA?

3) Outside of H/S/W, which would schools would you personally rank as the next three in terms of overall brand reputation (I know this is incredibly subjective).

Thanks again for your time.

Paul is on vacation so I am going to answer for him and hope he agrees with me.

1) Statistically, Whartonhas traditionally had the highest acceptance rate of these 3 programs.
2) I think it is a good approach. It makes sense, is distinctive, and has an aura of authenticity to it. don't be overly calculating about "angles" and "positioning." You don't want to come across as canned and calculated, but thoughtful and sincere.
3) This is incredibly subjective, but considering your entrepreneurial goals and the other background information you provided, I would suggest you look into MIT, Haas, and Chicago.

Best,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
Blayze wrote:
Thank you for the feedback Paul. I was particularly interested in your answer to my main question. I just have a few follow-up questions based on your responses:

1) You mentioned H and S as "credible longshots" whereas I would be "competitive" at Wharton. Just curious about what your basis was for making this determination? What is the fundamental diff between the former and the latter with respect to my application that makes me more of a longshot at H&S vs W? What would you perceive as the weaknesses in my profile that make H/S stretches for me and what will be the main challenge in addressing this thru my applications?

2) With regards to the entrepreneurship aspirations I described in my original post, do you think this goal is "overplayed" or is this a strong angle to take with regards to positioning my goals and reasons for the MBA?

3) Outside of H/S/W, which would schools would you personally rank as the next three in terms of overall brand reputation (I know this is incredibly subjective).

1) Statistically, Whartonhas traditionally had the highest acceptance rate of these 3 programs.
2) I think it is a good approach. It makes sense, is distinctive, and has an aura of authenticity to it. don't be overly calculating about "angles" and "positioning." You don't want to come across as canned and calculated, but thoughtful and sincere.
3) This is incredibly subjective, but considering your entrepreneurial goals and the other background information you provided, I would suggest you look into MIT, Haas, and Chicago.

Best,
Linda

Thanks for your feedback Linda. I must say, outside of Chicago, I was surprised by your choice of "backup" schools... I was expecting Columbia, Kellogg, Tuck... the usual suspects.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 846 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
Blayze wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Blayze wrote:

Best,
Linda

Thanks for your feedback Linda. I must say, outside of Chicago, I was surprised by your choice of "backup" schools... I was expecting Columbia, Kellogg, Tuck... the usual suspects.

I almost wrote Tuck:-) because of its ties to PE, and you can't go wrong with Columbiaand Kellogg, but based on your goals and background I thought that these 3 would help support your goals, especially the entrepreneurial aspects.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot