Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategic Management/Corp Innovation:Healthcare/Biotech/Pharma
Schools:Indiana Kelley/Class of 2012/Full tuition $$
WE 1: Healthcare/Biomedical Research
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Alpha Phi Omega, Golden Key, Phi Kappa Phi
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Product Development, Marketing, General Management in High Tech, (New) Media, Computer Entertainment
Schools:Ross (CGSM), Maryland, Columbia, CGSM: Stern, Darden, Cornell
 Q49  V41
GPA: 3.89
WE 1: Software/Product Dev (3 yrs)
WE 2: Patent Drafting/Prosecution (1 yr)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Fall 2010 Consortium Applicants (merged) [#permalink]
I just received my consortium letter (came via USPS about 10 minutes ago). Letter was dated March 16th. I'm on the East Coast (DC area), and I'm guessing the letter came from the Consortium's offices in St. Louis, MO, so hopefully it will get to many people by today or tomorrow!

(Since I still haven't received Michigan's admissions packet, it's nice to finally have the fellowship offer in writing! Actually, have any Ross admits here received their admissions packet from Michigan?)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Product Development, Marketing, General Management in High Tech, (New) Media, Computer Entertainment
 Q49  V41
Send PM
onlyneed1 wrote:
I'm interviewing at Darden on Monday (I just got the invite a few days ago). Can anyone that interviewed there let me know what to expect?

As I recall, the interview was blind. Most of the time was focused on getting a broad picture of "my story." I was specifically asked for details that were not in my application, why an MBA now, why Darden, etc.

Of all of the interviews I had (I had five), Darden's was the most confrontational. The interviewer challenged my decision to pursue an MBA and as well as my decision to apply to Darden. This may have been a tactic to see how convicted I was about studying for an MBA at Darden (and an MBA in general), but it was certainly different from other interviews. While I can't promise that everyone's experience at Darden was like mine, I have heard - via word of mouth - that other interviewees have reported similar experiences, including feeling like their interviewer was trying to talk them out of going to Darden or pursuing an MBA at all. I guess my advice is, then, make sure that you have a very clear idea of why you should get an MBA now and why you want to go to Darden. I bet a lot of interviewees make the mistake of getting defensive when faced with this type of "grilling," so make sure you practice your responses and be prepared to keep your cool under unexpected cross-examination.

I hope I haven't made you more nervous. Really, I think that having this information will help you to be prepared going in (I know it would have helped me). The alternative would be to have to deal with it unexpectedly on the spot, which could be disastrous (and is probably why they do it :-P).

Also, I should mention that when I interviewed, there was a tour and an informal meeting with current students before my interview (just a bunch of current students and interviewees sitting around in the admissions office lobby). Both of those were great experiences. The students were very helpful and down-to-earth, and the campus is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Oh, but make sure you save some questions for the interview (or at least re-ask the ones you asked the students)!

Good luck!

Originally posted by idcandy on 19 Mar 2010, 10:16.
Last edited by idcandy on 19 Mar 2010, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
idcandy wrote:
I just received my consortium letter (came via USPS about 10 minutes ago). Letter was dated March 16th. I'm on the East Coast (DC area), and I'm guessing the letter came from the Consortium's offices in St. Louis, MO, so hopefully it will get to many people by today or tomorrow!

(Since I still haven't received Michigan's admissions packet, it's nice to finally have the fellowship offer in writing! Actually, have any Ross admits here received their admissions packet from Michigan?)

I have yet to receive my Ross package as well. When I received the admit call last Monday, I was told it would be coming via Fed Ex, and assumed that I would've received it by now. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is waiting, I was starting to wonder if it was lost, or not delivered because it requires a signature.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Sorry, the Darden interview WAS blind (my mistake).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
idcandy wrote:

Congrats! I hope there's something in the mail for me too after work today. Maybe I should leave early. I have not been productive today anyways :x ...

Was there a signature requirement?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Hmmm...I didn't even know Darden required an additional interview. I thought the Consortium interview sufficed.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrpreneurship
Schools:Kelley '12
Send PM
For people who have already received admission packets but did not get the Consortium fellowship, how are we supposed to find out about Consortium membership and/or other scholarships the school may be offering?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Stern-withdrew, Fuqua
Send PM
orky56 wrote:
For people who have already received admission packets but did not get the Consortium fellowship, how are we supposed to find out about Consortium membership and/or other scholarships the school may be offering?

I'm not sure if the same applies to all schools, but Ross informed me of my membership and their own scholarship they were offering me when I received my admit call.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrpreneurship
Schools:Kelley '12
Send PM
Mystik742 wrote:
I'm not sure if the same applies to all schools, but Ross informed me of my membership and their own scholarship they were offering me when I received my admit call.

Sorry should have been more specific. Found out the Kelley admit a month ago whereas Consortium stuff only came out a week ago. So since they weren't giving Consortium applicants scholarships at the admit time, I guess they would be giving them after the Consortium stuff is done with.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
orky56 wrote:
Sorry should have been more specific. Found out the Kelley admit a month ago whereas Consortium stuff only came out a week ago. So since they weren't giving Consortium applicants scholarships at the admit time, I guess they would be giving them after the Consortium stuff is done with.

In terms of Consortium membership, that should be on its way in the mail (from the Consortium). If you are being offered a Consortium Fellowship, that would also be included. I'd bet you could call your admitted CGSM schools (e.g., Kelley) and ask them, as I was told about my Consortium membership by Ross before I received my letter from the Consortium themselves (received today).

As for school-specific scholarships, that probably varies by school. If you have already received an official admissions letter in the mail, but nothing about a scholarship, I don't think it would hurt to call the school and ask.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Hmmm...I didn't even know Darden required an additional interview. I thought the Consortium interview sufficed.

From Darden's website: "As a reminder, candidates living in the U.S. must interview on the Darden Grounds with a member of the Admissions staff or Student Admissions Committee."
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Case2010 wrote:
Was there a signature requirement?

Nope, mailman dropped it in the mailbox while I was fixing lunch (working from home today :-))
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Mystik742 wrote:
I have yet to receive my Ross package as well. When I received the admit call last Monday, I was told it would be coming via Fed Ex, and assumed that I would've received it by now. Glad to know I'm not the only one who is waiting, I was starting to wonder if it was lost, or not delivered because it requires a signature.

Actually, I just got an email from "UPS Quantum View" with a tracking number for my Ross package. 2nd Day Air, expected delivery: March 23rd. I was also told it will require a signature (looks like I'll be working from home on Tuesday also :-P).
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
idcandy wrote:
Actually, I just got an email from "UPS Quantum View" with a tracking number for my Ross package. 2nd Day Air, expected delivery: March 23rd. I was also told it will require a signature (looks like I'll be working from home on Tuesday also :-P).

Looks like I'm not alone; the "Calling all Ross 2010 applicants" thread is buzzing about this
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2012
Send PM
idcandy wrote:
idcandy wrote:

Looks like I'm not alone; the "Calling all Ross 2010 applicants" thread is buzzing about this

I got the same email. I couldn't tell if was from Ross though.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
maxtor wrote:
I got the same email. I couldn't tell if was from Ross though.

I'm 99% sure it is from Ross. The sender is "UOM" (University of Michigan, I presume), and I spoke with an admissions officer this week who told me to expect this email (he also pointed to the fact that it is a signature-required shipment, which you can see on the UPS tracking page linked from the email).

Combine that with the fact that a bunch of Ross admits have received the same email :-D.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
It's happening for real! Got my "Welcome to the Class of 2012‏" e-mail from the Consortium! :-D Cant wait to get home and make sure my thingy is in the mail...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  45