Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 16:52 It is currently 04 May 2024, 16:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: marketing
Schools:Anderson, Marshall
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 700
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 USC Marshall Applicants [#permalink]
choag82 wrote:
I think I need to form an impromptu therapy group for Bruins who are thinking about going to Marshall. Im conflicted =).

My interviewer's one piece of advice was to "soak up" USC and get involved in everything, including football games.... As I was still trying to sell myself at that point, I simply didn't mention that I have UCLA season tickets and have been rooting against USC all my life...

Still.... It is a good business program. I need help getting past it. =)

haha so you got into both and can't choose? I guess it's good for me since I got rejected from UCLA so that wasn't an issue. But if I DID get into both I probably would have chosen UCLA (I am a USC alum...). I guess this means I get cheaper SC season tix this year!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WilMan777 wrote:
choag82 wrote:
I think I need to form an impromptu therapy group for Bruins who are thinking about going to Marshall. Im conflicted =).

My interviewer's one piece of advice was to "soak up" USC and get involved in everything, including football games.... As I was still trying to sell myself at that point, I simply didn't mention that I have UCLA season tickets and have been rooting against USC all my life...

Still.... It is a good business program. I need help getting past it. =)

haha so you got into both and can't choose? I guess it's good for me since I got rejected from UCLA so that wasn't an issue. But if I DID get into both I probably would have chosen UCLA (I am a USC alum...). I guess this means I get cheaper SC season tix this year!

No no, Anderson would have been an easy choice for me. I got Waitlisted at Anderson. So 20% chance of continuing to be a Bruin, or 100% of a good Marshall education/experience, but betraying my love for UCLA (seeminly, although technically, they betrayed me) =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just checked via the applyonline website and found out I was wait listed. I'm surprised and actually expected an outright ding considering I was not invited to interview and had no contact since I submitted my app on 01/15. Also, they spelled "evaluation" wrong in the letter.

[Excerpt from decision letter]

"...The criteria used in the evaulation process represent a range of both qualitative and quantitative measures..."

[end]

Guess they don't have spell check. :lol:

Good luck and congrats to everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I hear you. I've been waitlisted since R1.... I was hoping that they would update my status today, but still no word. When do you think we'll hear? I'm 690 GMAT, 4 WE, lower GPA.

No interview. Any suggestions on how to help my chances?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Are you all going to attend USC?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone on the USC waitlist who can commiserate with me?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kj2236 wrote:
I hear you. I've been waitlisted since R1.... I was hoping that they would update my status today, but still no word. When do you think we'll hear? I'm 690 GMAT, 4 WE, lower GPA.

No interview. Any suggestions on how to help my chances?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Are you all going to attend USC?

Take an online or night time class and let USC know that you're committed to showing them that your low GPA isn't a reflection of who you are today. Of course get an A in the class and send them the results (might be a bit too late in the game though). However, the gesture of enrolling in a course might give you the nod pending your grade, you never know.

I suggest taking "Mathematics for Management" at the UCLA Extn. Prof. Jesse Overall's course was good and you can pretty much go at your own pace online.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
kj2236 wrote:
Anyone on the USC waitlist who can commiserate with me?
Yes. I was absolutely effin' livid last night. I am guessing my interviewer did me absolutely no favors. Going to see what troops I can rally in terms of getting a letter of rec from a USC alum. I think I've got a couple of those at work...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone NOT heard anything yet? My decision hasn't been posted yet! Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.35 Princeton
Send PM
I've NOT heard anything AT ALL - (including no interview - boo)
Intern
Intern
Schools:Marshall, Mccombs
 Q40  V42
GPA: 3.0
Send PM
Interviewed 2 weeks ago... Still waiting.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
During my interview I was told that decisions were going to be released today, 4/1. Obviously some decisions were rendered earlier, but for those that haven't heard yet, hang in there.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
 Q50  V41
Send PM
This gives a little bit of hope or increases the tension for a little bit longer :) . I was interviewed this Monday and was told that they have interviews scheduled for today morning too. Given this, they wont be able to post all decisions by tonight but plan to make most of the decisions by tomorrow. So if you interviewed late or submitted your transcripts late expect a little bit of delay in your decisions. I am also waiting for my decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
javaexe wrote:
This gives a little bit of hope or increases the tension for a little bit longer :) . I was interviewed this Monday and was told that they have interviews scheduled for today morning too. Given this, they wont be able to post all decisions by tonight but plan to make most of the decisions by tomorrow. So if you interviewed late or submitted your transcripts late expect a little bit of delay in your decisions. I am also waiting for my decision.

I was accepted last night after checking my status around 7EST. Received a phone call from Admissions today about the admissions package in the mail and admitted students weekend, 4/23-4/24. Last week during my interview, I was told that almost all decisions would go out today with the rest trying to come out on the 2nd. I overnighted my transcripts from the east coast the day after my interview (but I sent them directly to my interviewer, so processing was easier).

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Helpful updates, guys. Do you think all the acceptances already went out, and now we're just waiting on rejections? Oh dear... interview seemed to have gone well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rac2012 wrote:
Helpful updates, guys. Do you think all the acceptances already went out, and now we're just waiting on rejections? Oh dear... interview seemed to have gone well!

My interviewer made it sound like acceptances roll out and don't go out all in one batch. It seems like entering the transcript data into the system and then making a decision takes some time. Definitely more acceptances coming out today and tomorrow...
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing/Brand Management
Schools:University of Virginia 2012
GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V40
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4.5 years litigation consulting
WE 2: 9 months non-profit/health insurance
WE 3: 5 months high-tech
Send PM
Waitlisted folks...would love to hear from you if there's been any change to your status or if you don't mind sharing your strategies for getting off the WL.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
20lvo wrote:
Waitlisted folks...would love to hear from you if there's been any change to your status or if you don't mind sharing your strategies for getting off the WL.

im R1 waitlisted and didn't hear anything from adcom. basically i think the strategy basically is submit the letter show ur strong interest or another recommendation letter. the more important thing is secure a safty school and dont put too much hope on waitlist schools. just my personal thought. what is ur profile?

28/680/5 WE/domestic at LA
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts