Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:25 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Columbia, Haas, Tuck
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
WE 3: Consulting for Portfolio Company
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:CBS 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 CBS Applicants (MERGED) [#permalink]
techwonk wrote:
Seems like most of the people who have been posting in recent weeks have heard back.

Is anyone else out there who, like me, is still in the running? Marcus7? Wildcat713? Bschoolpanda? Others?

Best of luck to everyone...

I am, though I'm at a different stage in the process than most everyone still here. I seriously hope I hear from them soon, because it looks like I'll be moving out of state in 3 weeks. And IF I get an interview invite, I'd have to explain to them why I need alums from an area 1,000 miles away from where I indicated on my app. Then I'd have to explain to them why I'm taking the summer off, because I'm heading to a different school this fall. Meh.

This is what I get for applying so late.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Hey techwonk, I'm out. I was rejected early this week. I didn't even warrant a waitlist. Kind of disappointing, but oh well. I'm waitlisted at two other top ten schools and am planning to re-take the GMAT in 3 weeks and re-apply to Columbia for the January in-take. We'll see what happens. If I had to speculate, I would say that you having heard nothing yet is a good sign since most everyone else has been waitlisted or rejected at this point. Hopefully you'll get the acceptance letter soon. Best of luck.

Also, I posed the question before about applying for the January in-take. Do you think it will hurt me applying in June even though they started accepting applications May 1st? It's rolling admissions, but I'm not sure if it's like the RD round where if you don't apply on or before the starting review date you're digging yourself a deep hole. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:CBS 2012
Send PM
Marcus7 wrote:
Hey techwonk, I'm out. I was rejected early this week. I didn't even warrant a waitlist. Kind of disappointing, but oh well. I'm waitlisted at two other top ten schools and am planning to re-take the GMAT in 3 weeks and re-apply to Columbia for the January in-take. We'll see what happens. If I had to speculate, I would say that you having heard nothing yet is a good sign since most everyone else has been waitlisted or rejected at this point. Hopefully you'll get the acceptance letter soon. Best of luck.

Also, I posed the question before about applying for the January in-take. Do you think it will hurt me applying in June even though they started accepting applications May 1st? It's rolling admissions, but I'm not sure if it's like the RD round where if you don't apply on or before the starting review date you're digging yourself a deep hole. If anyone has any insight, please let me know. Thanks.

Hey Marcus, sorry to hear that. I saw your post but wasn't sure if I should assume it included a ding or a waitlist. Best of luck with the other waitlists...

From what I've heard, Columbia looks kindly on reapplicants, so I think your plan makes sense. Re: January intake vs. RD, I think it depends on your career arc. If you're making a career change, the September intake would make more sense because it would include a summer internship, often a necessary step to execute a successful career change. If you're applying mostly for education and network, and are not changing career, then I think the January intake would be fine.

The bottom line is that your goals and tactics for accomplishing them need to align ;)

Re: my Columbia candidacy... thanks. My fingers (and toes) are crossed.

Update: just realized that your latest question is slightly different than the original one. With rolling admissions, I'd submit as early as humanly possible. Unlike RD, which holds off evaluating applications until a certain date, Jan and ED rounds are completely rolling, so the earlier you apply the better.

Originally posted by techwonk on 07 May 2010, 11:50.
Last edited by techwonk on 07 May 2010, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Marcus7 wrote:

I don't even think the application is live for January. The web site says available in May 2010.

Also, I believe you have to have a good reason for the January intake. They might see that you applied in RD for xxx reason, but xxx reason has to be consistent with what the school seeks in a J-term candidate. This is what I have heard so don't quote me. I think I have heard some rejection letters, or in feedback, telling candidates to apply to J-term or EMBA or something else. Again, just hearsay.
Current Student
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
Marcus7 wrote:

I don't even think the application is live for January. The web site says available in May 2010.

Also, I believe you have to have a good reason for the January intake. They might see that you applied in RD for xxx reason, but xxx reason has to be consistent with what the school seeks. This is what I have heard so don't quote me.

I think the main difference is that you gotta explain why you don't need the internship.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Didn't realize the application wasn't live yet. I actually think I have a compelling reason for the january in-take since I am coming from banking and PE but have entrepreneurial aspirations post-MBA. They note on their website that it is a good program for those going back to the same company or industry and those pursuing entrepreneurship.
VP
VP
Send PM
Marcus7 wrote:
Didn't realize the application wasn't live yet. I actually think I have a compelling reason for the january in-take since I am coming from banking and PE but have entrepreneurial aspirations post-MBA. They note on their website that it is a good program for those going back to the same company or industry and those pursuing entrepreneurship.

Then by all means seems like you should apply. Again, as milias pointed out, explain why you don't need the internship. I am looking at J-term and currently and entrepreneur. Maybe we'll see each other there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Does anyone know when the earliest date one can submit an application for ED is? I couldn't find much on CBS's website.
VP
VP
Send PM
Moss wrote:
Does anyone know when the earliest date one can submit an application for ED is? I couldn't find much on CBS's website.

Once the application goes live but a date hasn't been set.
Current Student
Send PM
Maybe someone could start a CBS 2011 thread?

I feel like I've been waitlisted w/o interview. I do hope they'll get back to those of us still waiting with a decision soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Techwonk - I got the official waitlist notification on Friday. Best of luck if you're still waiting to hear...

For anyone else that was offered a spot on the waitlist in the last few weeks...are you keeping yourself on it? If so, what are your plans from here on out?
Current Student
Send PM
Any major dates coming up, as far as (second) deposits, etc. go? Today is the 4-week mark since I submitted my app, and this Friday will have been exactly one month.
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
Kudos
lagomez wrote:
Moss wrote:

ED app is up.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Oh.. Yes... The time has come :-D

Thank you lawgonebusiness. Sounds like you are going for ED as well. Best of luck.
VP
VP
Send PM
lawgonebusiness wrote:
lagomez wrote:
Moss wrote:

ED app is up.

Thanks.

2 essays. Nice. I like the second one, let's you be creative. What's up with the picture option? I think if they see my ugly mug I might get rejected right away.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Given Kudos: 3439
Send PM
Wow. Hypothetically, could you submit your ED application for Fall 2011 matriculation at any point -- like, say, tomorrow -- now that the app is up? I wonder if they would ever review a super, super early 2011 app for the 2010 class. :stupid

So many waitlisters from previous rounds and people waiting to hear from the final round -- wonder if Columbia would ever consider 2011 apps along with other ones. Also wonder who holds the record for earliest ED submit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
According to the Results thread, looks like lawgonebusiness has already submitted it (or maybe he meant something else by "submitted") ?????? That's what I call Road Runner high-speed fast.

Can we please have a thread for CBS 2011 Applicant?

Like I said before, I'm gonna spend this summer like winter in Ithaca. CBS forum will be full.

Coakleym- Yes. I am kinda curious about why they did not set the date for "review start". Now I feel like I should submit it in June to keep up with the competition.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83