Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 17:24 It is currently 06 May 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management, New Product Development, Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA FEMBA
GMAT 2: 650
GPA: 3.588
WE 1: LL
WE 2: USC
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Anderson (WL), Wharton (WL), Stanford (DING)
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q47  V42
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: 3 Yrs Sell Side Research
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Wednesday June 9
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ApplyingLate wrote:
Wednesday June 9

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Given the UCLA hasn't yet setup a loan program with a bank, all international students are probably looking around for loans...especially ones that don't have a US co-signer. Anyone like to share their findings ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sd338 wrote:
Given the UCLA hasn't yet setup a loan program with a bank, all international students are probably looking around for loans...especially ones that don't have a US co-signer. Anyone like to share their findings ?

https://www.chasestudentloans.com/private-student-loan/private-student-loans.html

Here is what it says among other things -"You can add a cosigner to the loan, which may help you get approved for the loan and qualify for a lower interest rate.* "

So at least in this case the cosigner does not seem to be mandatory. On this page at least it doesn't talk about anything related to US or Non US citizens. Maybe Chase is the way to go for now.

Are you saying there are no loan options available for international students without a co-signer where the school hasn't facilitated it with a financial institution?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just like Chase...there's Sallie Mae also....they are kind of fuzzy about this co-signer requirement and may end up not giving a loan after all. To your other question, the answer is I don't know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sd338 wrote:
Just like Chase...there's Sallie Mae also....they are kind of fuzzy about this co-signer requirement and may end up not giving a loan after all. To your other question, the answer is I don't know.

What I can only deduce based on some hard data is, a significant % of US MBAs is international, probably on an average 25%. Not everyone has fat Bank accounts. Like UCLA there are other schools(e.g. Columbia) in the top 20 who do not have loan tie ups YET for the year 2010. I doubt that so many students would be left in the lurch just because there are no loans.

Hope things work out for you and please do share on this thread whatever you find out. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure...I also think the moderators should start a new thread on financing your MBA :) Looks like quite a few of us are in the same boat. I am surprised that Columbia doesn't have a loan program....esp. being in NYC :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sd338 wrote:
Sure...I also think the moderators should start a new thread on financing your MBA :) Looks like quite a few of us are in the same boat. I am surprised that Columbia doesn't have a loan program....esp. being in NYC :)

Are you sure Sallie Mae offers loans to international students without a US cosigner?
https://www.salliemae.com/international/non_us_students/

Btw when is the orientation/first day class for the UCLA MBA program?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
sd338 wrote:

There are actually a few threads on this. Most are in the business life section. But cornell peeps have a different but similar problem :D I'll start a thread.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a bunch!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
K board members, I need some advice.
Have any of you waitlistees gotten this email? I just got it today. I'm on the waitlist:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Wait List Quantitative Preperation
"Thank you for your patience as we work through our admissions process. The
intention of this email is to provide you with some additional guidance.

If you feel that your candidacy can be strengthened by improving your
quantitative skills, please consider retaking the GMAT. If you are
interested in retaking the GMAT, you should do so as soon as possible as we
are continuously reviewing the waitlist.

If you decide to retake the GMAT, please notify the admissions office of
your new test date by emailing the waitlist manager. Once again we
appreciate your interest in UCLA Anderson.

Sincerely,

UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions"
----------------------------------------------------

is it just me, or is this a not so subtle way of telling me to retake the gmat. i mean hell the subject is waitlist quant prep! my quant score sucks. i have a 710, thanks to a 42, 95% in verbal....and a 44 69% in quant. left the final question blank because my pacing was all off. and im on extra time due to disability. i tried taking the gmat again after, but felt sick and ended up cancelling the score. so now the question, should i even try to retake the gmat? this would be the 4th time counting the cancelled test. first time was 4 yrs ago and i scored a 580! orientation isnt till sept 8 so there is still some time. another option would be to take community college/ucla extension classes in finance and accounting. they said that would help too. i know my candidacy would be strengthened...im just not sure if its worth it to risk a lower score. thenagain, if i apply again in the fall, i dont know what i could say ive done to strengthen my application. and there are no guarantees now that doing any of this will even get me in.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! advice????

Originally posted by rchitkara on 23 Jun 2010, 17:33.
Last edited by rchitkara on 12 Jul 2010, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA Anderson Rd 2 (WL), UCB Haas Rd 3
Send PM
Hey,

I am on the waitlist too. I did not get that message. I actually took the GMAT only once and scored okay. My quant was 78%. I don't know if because I didn't get the message that score suffices.

I could not take the gmat in april/ may because I was getting married in May and the last thing I wanted to do was commit myself to the exam when I would not be able to study. I did however take a calc course again (after 8 years or so) and got a B+ ... again think I could have gotten an A but the wedding was not easy task.

I would try taking the GMAT again if they tell you that might help. Or take a quick online course with a grade. Do you think telling the admissions office about my B+ will help? Is a B+ a good score? Or will only an A help.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools:UCLA Anderson Rd 2 (WL), UCB Haas Rd 3
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything regarding the waitlist?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35