Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 00:28 It is currently 23 May 2024, 00:28
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Schools:Tuck 2013
WE 1: Big 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:Duke - Fuqua
 Q44  V38
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Lind wrote:
Due you guys think it's advisable now to submit a letter of reference from an alumni. I am EA applicant.

I would call their office of admissions. Their website clearly states that any updates to the application should be communicated by calling them. Even if it doesn't help your chances, there's no reason you shouldn't call them to find out.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SPE
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Energy, General Management
Schools:Sloan R1, Fuqua R1, Haas R2, Wharton R2, Darden R2, Kellogg R2
 Q50  V38
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: 4 yrs Oil & Gas (Engineering, Operations Management)
Send PM
Applied in R1. Please update roll-call.

M / Indian / 4yrs WE.
Eng + Ops Mgmt (International) - Oil & Gas.
Co-founder/director of award-winning non-profit: 3 yrs.

Fuqua: Energy & Environment + Strategy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Count me in for R2. Good luck to the rest of you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing / Product Management
Schools:Wharton (R1), Duke (EA-Open Interview), Darden (R1-Interview + Withdrawn), Ross (R1)
 Q44  V37 GMAT 2: 700  Q47  V38
GPA: 3.61
WE 1: 3 years Online Mrktng Rsrch / Pharmaceuticals
Send PM
VinceCPA wrote:
As Fuqua's website says December 3rd, I'll bet on that one.

As for the format, you should be notified by email, but you can also check your status on their website. The website was actually faster than the emails last year and some were discovering their status a few hours before emails even went out.

When I was at Duke for my open-invitation interview last month, there was a Q&A session with interviewees and AdCom. I raised my hand and asked about decision date, and if there's a chance releases with be 1, 2, or 3 days early. He said they definitely hope to release a couple days early.

Last year, the release date was 4 days early (Fri, Nov 20, instead of Tues, Nov. 24). However, this was just 2 business days early.

While I hope for an EA release 4 days early, I don't think it will be the first business day after Thanksgiving. My bets are on Weds, Dec. 1, in line with last year's 2 business days early.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Roll Call Updated

Not much going on.....is there?

My money is on next week for the EA applicants. I just can't see it before Thanksgiving ... may be next week Wednesday, but I wouldn't count on it...

Originally posted by ThomasD on 22 Nov 2010, 14:44.
Last edited by ThomasD on 22 Nov 2010, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
ThomasD wrote:
Roll Call Updated

Not much going.....is there?

My money is on next week for the EA applicants. I just can't see it before Thanksgiving ... may be next week Wednesday, but I wouldn't count on it...

Yeah, we are definitely in the lull right now, waiting on invites for Round 1 and admissions for EA. I'm guessing it will pick up very soon, especially when we close in on the EA decision date. There's just so much of the 'hurry up and wait' in this whole process.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
When I was applying to schools, I didn’t quite understand the concept of Team Fuqua. Now, I’m beginning to grasp it more and more. To help illustrate what it means to me, I’m going to take you through this situation which happened to me a few minutes ago.

I received an e-mail from a network contact about an upcoming networking event in sustainability.
The first thought that goes through my mind, “who else maybe interested in attending the event? Let me pass on the e-mail.”

While this type of behavior is not true of everyone at Fuqua, it’s certainly true for a large portion. I have found out many networking/recruiting events through classmates. In general, people here are looking to enlarge the pie for everyone, and build a better Fuqua brand. The spirit is contagious.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Hey guys, I'm gearing up for round 2 application for Duke. I was wondering if the page limit on essay is really what the adcom intended to read? Two pages (even 1.5 spacing) per essay seems like a good chunk of words. Is it frowned upon to take up both pages? Or frowned upon taking up just one page?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Kudos
bakfed wrote:
Hey guys, I'm gearing up for round 2 application for Duke. I was wondering if the page limit on essay is really what the adcom intended to read? Two pages (even 1.5 spacing) per essay seems like a good chunk of words. Is it frowned upon to take up both pages? Or frowned upon taking up just one page?

Well hello again Bakfed. Welcome to the Fuqua thread. I hope we both have more luck than on the Ross one. As for your question, the simple answer is you cannot exceed the 2 pages. As long as you answer their questions to the best of your ability and as completely as you feel necessary, you are fine, even if it's on the shorter side. I noticed on previous years' threads that some that were admitted didn't push the limits and had some similar questions. I guess they really are grading you on what you say, and not how long it took you to say it (I remember some college courses that were the opposite!). Good luck to both of us. I'm just glad you are applying in a different round so now I know I won't have to compete in this round with you!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
VinceCPA wrote:
bakfed wrote:

Well hello again Bakfed. Welcome to the Fuqua thread. I hope we both have more luck than on the Ross one. As for your question, the simple answer is you cannot exceed the 2 pages. As long as you answer their questions to the best of your ability and as completely as you feel necessary, you are fine, even if it's on the shorter side. I noticed on previous years' threads that some that were admitted didn't push the limits and had some similar questions. I guess they really are grading you on what you say, and not how long it took you to say it (I remember some college courses that were the opposite!). Good luck to both of us. I'm just glad you are applying in a different round so now I know I won't have to compete in this round with you!

Thanks, Vince. You have been more than supportive of me for a while now. I really appreciate your positive attitude. I think I'm ready to put things behind me and really focus on my next round of applications. I guess everything happens for a reason. Thanks for your input on the page count; I will begin crafting the essays now, since my Thanksgiving weekend is pretty much going to be a pig out weekend. I hope we both get in to the place(s) that we intend to go to. I'm sure we will end up somewhere come September of 2011. :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi,
Would any one have an idea what the conversion rate for EA round is, as in of the people receiving interview invites how many get the final call?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Vince and Bakfed,

You have been both great sports over at the Ross thread. Good luck with Fuqua, you showed community spirit and most Bschools would be fortunate to have you in their classes. I really hope that Fuqua will show your applications some appreciation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:DUKE class of 2014
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: sales/trading
Send PM
for the roll call - was originally rd 1, but my transcript did not arrive in time so i got an email yesterday saying i'm pushed back to rd 2. FML.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Jock4MBA wrote:
Hi Vince and Bakfed,

You have been both great sports over at the Ross thread. Good luck with Fuqua, you showed community spirit and most Bschools would be fortunate to have you in their classes. I really hope that Fuqua will show your applications some appreciation.

Thanks a lot; I hope you get into the place that you'd like to enter as well. Let's go fuqua!!! :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
i applied in EA and interview on campus. fuqua community is great, excellent school ! hope to hear next week. good luck to guys who applied in EA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Any news from admissions office to anyone?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: Marketing; Strategy; Decision Sciences
Schools:Duke '13
 Q49  V47
Send PM
As everyone knows the EA decision date is 12/3 so set your expectations to receive your decision on that date - if it comes sooner, then great. In the interim, enjoy your Thanksgiving!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts