Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
IMD School Moderator
IMD School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:IMD, INSEAD
Send PM
IMD School Moderator
IMD School Moderator
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: IMD 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I got an offer from IMD, and very likely attend 2012 class.

Profile:
Woman/ 27 year old/ Nationality: Vietnamese & French
4.5 yrs experiences in sales & business development on an international level
Engineering background/ GMAT 660

Application timeframe:
Dec - Jan: GMAT preparation
Fev: GMAT test taking + Application preparation
Application submission: R2 - completed by 1st April
Call for interview: April 15th
Interview Date: May 24th
Interview Decision: May 31st

Preparation for interview: I read many times the tips from R1 applicant. They are all very useful and describe exactly what happen during the assessment day. My tip is " be your self, and be a team player"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
menehn wrote:
I got an offer from IMD, and very likely attend 2012 class.

Profile:
Woman/ 27 year old/ Nationality: Vietnamese & French
4.5 yrs experiences in sales & business development on an international level
Engineering background/ GMAT 660

Application timeframe:
Dec - Jan: GMAT preparation
Fev: GMAT test taking + Application preparation
Application submission: R2 - completed by 1st April
Call for interview: April 15th
Interview Date: May 24th
Interview Decision: May 31st

Preparation for interview: I read many times the tips from R1 applicant. They are all very useful and describe exactly what happen during the assessment day. My tip is " be your self, and be a team player"

Congratulations!
After accepting an offer do not forget to join the Facebook group and start looking for an apartment... They are vanishing quickly )

Originally posted by skitalac on 31 May 2011, 20:55.
Last edited by skitalac on 31 May 2011, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi MENEHN,

Congratulations for the offer !!

Please join the FB group once you have confirmed the same.

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations menehn and welcome to our 2012 class.
For the first round, IMD has filled 20 spots, which is consistent with the 4 remaining rounds.
I guess after your Round 2, there will be 50 to 55 spots left, or maybe less because they have the Singapour session in Round 2 i thk.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey IMD2012T,

any idea on the number of waitlisted applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No i have no idea. But I guess few people decide to do a MBA elsewhere once they are taken at IMD. If I were IMD adcom, I would keep only 10% of accepted candidates as a backup. So I guess right now, there should be less than 2-5 people waitlisted. But keep in mind that IMD is not looking for the 90 best people but the best group of 90 people. So you would need to wait for someone with the same profile as you to leave the process. But anything can happen until January. Any current or past IMD candidates that went in although being waitlisted?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interesting thread.

My profile:
Ethiopian/30/ 6 yrs of work experience in tech consulting in US and Europe/ GMAT 690/ Education: Computer Science, US and UK

I applied for June 1 deadline. Will see how it goes.

Good luck, all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Does anyone else think IMD's price tag for a one year program is kind of outrageous?

"CHF 60,000 - tuition
CHF 25,000 - all program and project related fees, including books and course materials, the discovery expedition and weekday on-campus lunches, excluding personal expenses."

That is equivalent to USD $101565 and Euro 69482. That's more expensive than any other comparable MBA program in Europe (more than LBS, Insead, etc).

I'm by no means saying this is a bad program. I am just very baffled by the price tag and wonder if anyone else is concerned.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
enkie wrote:
Does anyone else think IMD's price tag for a one year program is kind of outrageous?

"CHF 60,000 - tuition
CHF 25,000 - all program and project related fees, including books and course materials, the discovery expedition and weekday on-campus lunches, excluding personal expenses."

That is equivalent to USD $101565 and Euro 69482. That's more expensive than any other comparable MBA program in Europe (more than LBS, Insead, etc).

I'm by no means saying this is a bad program. I am just very baffled by the price tag and wonder if anyone else is concerned.

Yes, I am concerned :) Especially while CHF is conquering new heights. But that's Switzerland... You shoul look at Big Mac index first before thinking about where to go for MBA :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
skitalac wrote:
Yes, I am concerned :) Especially while CHF is conquering new heights. But that's Switzerland... You shoul look at Big Mac index first before thinking about where to go for MBA :)

Haha yeah agreed. What other schools are you applying to? Is IMD your top choice?

I used to have IMD on my application list until I realized how much it cost for a one year program.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
enkie wrote:
Haha yeah agreed. What other schools are you applying to? Is IMD your top choice?

Applied only to IMD and was accepted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vedantpathak wrote:
Hi MENEHN,

Congratulations for the offer !!

Please join the FB group once you have confirmed the same.

Cheers,

Thank you vendantpathak, IMD2012 & Skitalac! Thanks also for all your advices. They were extremely helpful!!! For future applicant, don't hesistate to ask questions, i'll be pleased to answer.

I'm quite busy these days, preparing the speech to my boss, looking for 15kCHF...it is so bad that CHF is so high...:(. I have the feeling of loosing money everyday...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Send PM
enkie wrote:
I used to have IMD on my application list until I realized how much it cost for a one year program.

Enkie I could not agree more. My estimation is that the overall costs will be around 160K USD for the program fee + the vague "related" fee + the living expenses, and that's not including the opportunity cost (salary that is).

Being a waitlisted candidate I will be absolutely happy to get admitted, though if dinged - I will breathe a sigh of relief too. This much money is no joke.

BTW, on the admission day of May-24 there were 6 people. 2 waitlisted, 2 admitted, 2 dinged.
How were the things on May-31 and Jun-7?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Let s now hope that next february, when we need to pay 45kCHF, the CHF will be down. UBS expects it to go back at 1,4 to the euro toward the end of the year. That would save 7000 euros. I would be happy with that...
T
IMD School Moderator
IMD School Moderator
Send PM
enkie wrote:

"CHF 60,000 - tuition

Hi Enkie,

I thought about that price tag too, specially that I have been accepted at INSEAD which has a much lower tuition fee. However, after finishing my interviews at IMD, I had the feeling that this is where I wanna be for my MBA even if it's more expensive because it was the right fit for me.

I think it's all about which school you feel is the best fit for you and your goals.

Also when you factor in the cost of the daily lunch, snacks (i.e. fruits, coffee, etc...), the expedition trip, the ICP project, and the start-up projects....then IMD would be much less expensive than the other European premium business schools. Not to mention the effort and the time they take to organize all of these things that you would probably have to do by yourself in another school.

I also agree with the post regarding their very impressive placement statistics over the years. They are really superior to any other European schools when it comes to their career services, keeping in mind that Switzerland has very strict employment laws for Non-Europeans who constitute a big chunk of the class.

My point is, you gotta look at the total package and not only at the price tag.

Best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back.....I hope I will get that magic call soon :-)

Birdy76
IMD School Moderator
IMD School Moderator
Send PM
I just got the magic call from IMD and I am offered a spot. Great news.
Best of luck to everyone else applying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Congratulations! And you're totally right -- it's all about the right fit for each individual person. Good luck to you on your journey! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts