Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 09:53 It is currently 23 May 2024, 09:53
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Anybody know how the KROLL background check works? How do they contact my current and previous employers?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Just returned from a 5 day cruise today with NO internet or phone access during this time. I see two people were accepted off the waitlist (congrats!!). Haven't received an email or voicemail during my vacation. When the recently accepted were called, did they leave a voicemail or did you just notice a missed call? Has anyone else's application's been updated (checking that next)?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Has anybody, who just recently sent in an update, heard back from their WL Counselor? It's been over a week since I last sent in an update, but I haven't heard anything from my Counselor.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
threestripes wrote:
Has anybody, who just recently sent in an update, heard back from their WL Counselor? It's been over a week since I last sent in an update, but I haven't heard anything from my Counselor.

Nope. Someone sent in a letter on my behalf to the general waitlist address last Thursday and I forwarded it on to my WL counselor. No confirmation from either address.

This is brutal.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What's the point of having a waitlist counselor if they don't answer email? I sent in an update recently as well, nothing.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I sent an update recently and got a confirmation back in a couple of days.

DaVinci22 wrote:
threestripes wrote:

Nope. Someone sent in a letter on my behalf to the general waitlist address last Thursday and I forwarded it on to my WL counselor. No confirmation from either address.

This is brutal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Just got dinged today. Not even a call from my advisor, just an email indicating a "decision update" in the online application.

Disappointed, but I was already pursuing my backup plan having waited this long. Thanks to all here for the discussions, and best of luck to everyone.

-Matt
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kenan-Flagler, Fuqua (W/L), McCombs
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
WE 2: Non-Profit
Send PM
threestripes wrote:

I sent an update last Thursday and received a reply yesterday morning. No "decision update" email yet, so perhaps there is still hope.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received a call from my WL contact offering me a spot last week. Yesterday I kindly declined the offer in order to pursue a Babson Entrepreneurship MBA, so there at least one more spot available! Good luck to everyone.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Send PM
Sorry to hear about the ding, MattNY.

My WL Counselor just sent me an email confirmation on the update that I sent last week. I suppose they were busy deliberating whom to accept/reject last week. And so, they probably did not want to send any confirmation emails out until they had decided whom to keep on the WL.

Intern
Intern
Schools:Duke(R3-WL-withdrew), UNC (Admit), Texas (Admit-$$), UCLA (Admit-$$$-attending)
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I withdrew from the WL a week or 2 ago when I was told there was no fellowship money available for those accepted off the waitlist. I figured there would not be, but asked to be sure. I got a very nice fellowship from UCLA, so that is where I will be going. Best of luck to all still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I got a confirmation from my WL counselor this morning on the update sent in last Thursday. So all in all it took 3 working days excluding the weekend, which makes sense given what threestripes mentioned earlier about narrowing down the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thank you to all who posted updates. Please do keep 'em coming if you have new updates.

threestripes, any chance you could post an updated waitlist? Will really appreciate it. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I also received confirmation this week from my WL counselor that my latest update had been received.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
See below for the updated Summer Waitlist.

1. 2013
2. annemba
3. BCNash - WITHDREW for ANDERSON (week of 06/13/11)
4. bschoolbound2011
5. daniel7 - ACCEPTED (06/23/11)
6. DaVinci22
7. desde123 - DECLINED OFFER/Going to BABSON (06/23/11)
8. kidA - DECLINED OFFER/Going to SAID (early June)
9. KienLuong
10. kt2011 - ACCEPTED (06/23/11)
11. mattNY (06/28/11)
12. mba4me2011
13. mbahubby
14. MBAIsrael - WITHDREW for DARDEN (06/17/11)
15. MBwAit - DECLINED OFFER/Going to Kellogg (early June)
16. mreevit - WITHDREW for ROSS (6/14/11)

17. Smoodigger
18. socem
19. raerae15
20. threestripes
21. unknownvirus
22. westcoastapp - DECLINED OFFER/Going to BOOTH (early June)

12 active posters remain alive. I wonder how many more out there are still waiting for a final decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone, hate to add to the list, but I too am a fellow WLer. I'm waitlisted only at Duke and didn't apply anywhere else. So basically if I don't get in, I guess I'll have to decide if I have it in me to re-apply next year or to bschool at all!

I work in Consulting right now, but after 4 years of Consulting I feel like I need a change.

I am just so frustrated because I need to figure out if I should sign a lease and stay in NYC or look for a new job. I almost want to call my WL counselor and ask realistically if I should just move on, because literally I have to decide by next week!

Did anyone's WL counselor give them any indication of their chances or feedback? Mine was cryptic when I asked about timelines, but he then was like oh you went to an ivy and work in consulting "I think you have a good shot." Like, does that actually mean anything or was he just saying that to give me false hope?!

Do the WL counselors have anything to do with their decision on us? I asked him for feedback on my application and he basically said ohh I wouldn't be the best judge of that because I haven't reviewed your application.

I dunno, I've asked all my friends (who actually went to Fuqua) about what else I should do, and they said at this point it's better to not send any updates unless it's super substantial (like a promotion or new gmat score or something). What do you guys think? I don't want to sit idly by!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
WL counselor pretty vague here too. Going to wait 1 more week and then need to make a decision on our end. Have gotten into another great school and put one deposit down, now need to move out of state and need to start planning on housing, etc.

When do classes start at Duke? Trying to gauge when they should have all final decisions in by.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  127   128   129   130   131  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts