Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Got the generic waitlist letter yesterday as well, so far the 3 e-mails I've received from Duke are:

1. You're waitlisted.
2. You're still waitlisted, here are some things you can do (that won't matter apparently).
3. You will remain waitlisted for the summer.

Sweet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
mEEchigan04 wrote:
Might I suggest moving the WL discussion to its own thread as some other schools have done? I think it will clean things up here and keep some of the discussions a bit more coherent - I think there are some non WL posts that get lost in a sea of "Has anyone heard anything?"

I'm actually all settled down in Durham now and wanted to share some information on the background check. It's mid-June and they've only made it partway through Rd 2 student's background checks. So, for those who were admitted in Rd 2 or Rd3, you haven't missed anything, Kroll is just slow...

Agree with mEEchigan04 about a separate discussion. Also, I was an EA admit and went through the Kroll background check back in February. Interestingly, I never heard from Duke on the outcome. But, I have heard rumors that because this is Fuqua's first time using Kroll that they are only planning on contacting those folks that they have follow up questions for.

mEEchigan04, great posts about Duke vs. Michigan. Very well thought out. Welcome to the "Ham." I've been living at Alexan Place for a while and love it. Where did you end up?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Got the email around noon. I really don't think it bodes well for me that I was one of the last few people to receive the email.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If it makes you feel any better, I still haven't received an email.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
That doesn't make me feel better at all because you deserve better than having to wait so long for the email.

From the looks of it, a lot of us are still on the waitlist. Considering the fact that my counselor isn't exactly a part of the AdCom, I'm thinking that they have asked some other folks, who have dotted lines to Admissions, to help out. Not very optimistic right now...

Intern
Intern
 Q48  V40
WE 1: Investment Banking
Send PM
I am a R2 WL and just received my counselor email today. It seems like they have a lot of people on the list. That said, I think it is still positive if you have not received a "no" - obviously they did some weeding before sending these emails.

Not sure what to say to the adcom at this point either. I can't really come up with another way to say "if you admit I will commit".

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has a separate WL discussion been started?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my email from my Waitlist Counselor.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Just got my waitlist counselor e-mail as well. Any significance to the counselor's title or role?

If there is a separate waitlist forum please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DaVinci22 wrote:
Just got my waitlist counselor e-mail as well. Any significance to the counselor's title or role?

If there is a separate waitlist forum please let me know.

Just sent a work uodate to my WL counsleor with these questions:
Do you think the information I am sending helps?
Is there something else that I could be sending that would have a stronger effect?

Answer (to these questions):
Unfortunately, I am unable to provide specific information on your application. I would encourage you to continue to move in the right direction with providing updates as this will help to strengthen your application and show to the Admissions Committee your interest in Duke.

I don't think there is a real role for the WL counselor. I think it's just a way to give a little peace of mind to Wl'rs. Don't expect much on questions, but if you have updates go ahead and send them. However, this process is pretty much like it was before the counselor.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I also got assigned a counselor last week. Didn't bother asking specifics as I agree with others here that there's little they can answer that we don't know already.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
I just took my name off the waitlist. Hopefully that makes it easier for one of you to get off it. Good luck all!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
See below for the list of those of us who are still on the waitlist. Obviously, there are still people out there who are on the WL, but do not post here. However, I figured it would be good to know how many of us here are still waiting.

1. annemba
2. bschoolbound2011
3. daniel7
4. DaVinci22
5. mattNY
6. mba4me2011
7. mbahubby
8. MBAIsrael
9. Smoodigger
10. socem
11. raerae15
12. threestripes
13. unknownvirus

I am estimating that there are still around 25-30 of us, who have yet to receive a final decision. At this point, I think the class is full... and that we are just waiting for accepted people to drop out. And so, 25-30 is a sizeable number as I do not expect more than 10 people to suddenly decide not to go to Duke.

By any chance, is anybody planning on dropping out of the list at a certain point, or is everybody in this for as long as they drag it out? And if you don't make it in, will you be reapplying or will you choose to go to another school this year?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'll probably take my name off the list - I was accepted to another program that I like just as much. At this point I'm just curious.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm in it for the long haul. I'm trying to stay optimistic but I did hear from current students that it was significantly more competitive this year due to Fuqua's jump in the rankings.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
threestripes, thank you for compiling this list. I'm going to wait it out and hope for the best. Haven't decided yet what I'll do if I don't make the cut.

threestripes wrote:
See below for the list of those of us who are still on the waitlist. Obviously, there are still people out there who are on the WL, but do not post here. However, I figured it would be good to know how many of us here are still waiting.

1. annemba
2. bschoolbound2011
3. daniel7
4. DaVinci22
5. mattNY
6. mba4me2011
7. mbahubby
8. MBAIsrael
9. Smoodigger
10. socem
11. raerae15
12. threestripes
13. unknownvirus

I am estimating that there are still around 25-30 of us, who have yet to receive a final decision. At this point, I think the class is full... and that we are just waiting for accepted people to drop out. And so, 25-30 is a sizeable number as I do not expect more than 10 people to suddenly decide not to go to Duke.

By any chance, is anybody planning on dropping out of the list at a certain point, or is everybody in this for as long as they drag it out? And if you don't make it in, will you be reapplying or will you choose to go to another school this year?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
Just realized that I forgot 2013...

1. 2013
2. annemba
3. bschoolbound2011
4. daniel7
5. DaVinci22
6. mattNY
7. mba4me2011
8. mbahubby
9. MBAIsrael
10. Smoodigger
11. socem
12. raerae15
13. threestripes
14. unknownvirus

I'm starting to think that there may still be at least 50 of us on the waitlist. That's awfully big for a summer waitlist.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  125   126   127   128   129  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts