Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 23:59 It is currently 02 May 2024, 23:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.79
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
Aaaaaand following the Wharton slaughter yesterday the time of our apocalypse is fast approaching...

LBS is also due to revert to waitlisted candidates this Thursday (21st of July).

I would imagine there will be some sort of communication following these events either later this week or during next week. In last year's blog I see they had sent another e-mail on the 21st of July asking whether candidates wished to remain on the wailist. The only thing is that compared to last year there have been no large scale ding/admit waves since May. Unless attrition has reduced the waitlist significantly over this period this should happen at some point
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Dinged ....international..Indian IT guy...

It hurts so so bad...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CalvinNHobbes wrote:

It hurts so so bad...

ditto! just a gal, not guy, only difference!!!! I had given Aug 31st as my deadline, wondering why I was prematurely dinged, maybe cos I belong to a oversubscribed group of Indian Enggineers working in IT!!!

Honestly the only regret - I deserved a better email than the regular your application status has changed email for having been so patient for several months and for having sincerely stayed involved by sending updates all along!

Good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
I'm sorry to hear that guys, were they 9am CT emails again?

It strikes me as bizarre how they are trickling out the dings. It seems like there are still quite a few of us left on the WL with very little hope of admission at this point so I can't imagine it makes a huge difference to ding a small handful of people each week. Either they know they don't need much of a waitlist at this point so they could ding nearly everyone or if they are still unsure they could just leave everyone on as they don't lose anything by keeping people on. I guess it's better this way because if they're 100% sure they won't need me I'd rather know right away than wait for an arbitrary date like some other schools are doing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:
CalvinNHobbes wrote:

It hurts so so bad...

ditto! just a gal, not guy, only difference!!!! I had given Aug 31st as my deadline, wondering why I was prematurely dinged, maybe cos I belong to a oversubscribed group of Indian Enggineers working in IT!!!

Honestly the only regret - I deserved a better email than the regular your application status has changed email for having been so patient for several months and for having sincerely stayed involved by sending updates all along!

Good luck to you all!

Sorry to hear that CalvinNHobbes and Jerseygirl2011. I feel your pain. I think it's only a matter of time until most of the others on the WL are also released.

@Jerseygirl2011 - Don't want to be preachy but don't let this experience go waste. You and all of us on the WL were reallyyy close to getting in. So take that positively and prepare an even better app and apply in R1. That's what I've started working on. And believe me once you convince yourself that you missed out just because it's a numbers game in the end and that your application was lacking a tiny-winy bit, it is much easier to start back in the spirit we all did last year. You are really close. Don't give up now!! Like my friend (Booth alum BTW) likes to put it - "difference between success and failure many times is continuing the last mile. exhausted as your may be, don't quit it..yet"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pkatmi wrote:
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:
CalvinNHobbes wrote:

It hurts so so bad...

Good luck to you all!

Sorry to hear that CalvinNHobbes and Jerseygirl2011. I feel your pain. I think it's only a matter of time until most of the others on the WL are also released.

@Jerseygirl2011 - Don't want to be preachy but don't let this experience go waste. You and all of us on the WL were reallyyy close to getting in. So take that positively and prepare an even better app and apply in R1. That's what I've started working on. And believe me once you convince yourself that you missed out just because it's a numbers game in the end and that your application was lacking a tiny-winy bit, it is much easier to start back in the spirit we all did last year. You are really close. Don't give up now!! Like my friend (Booth alum BTW) likes to put it - "difference between success and failure many times is continuing the last mile. exhausted as your may be, don't quit it..yet"

@pkatmi: ofcourse not! not letting any of this going to waste. Thanks for your morale boosters :) I am taking my talents to Tepper this year, don't have the patience to wait another year and not sure if any program is worth that kind of wait considering that I turn 30 next year. Which means they give me a hard time for being old! :P :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:
@pkatmi: ofcourse not! not letting any of this going to waste. Thanks for your morale boosters :) I am taking my talents to Tepper this year, don't have the patience to wait another year and not sure if any program is worth that kind of wait considering that I turn 30 next year. Which means they give me a hard time for being old! :P :P

Ahh .. I din't know you already had a pretty sweet option lined up .. so it's all good I guess .. Have fun at Tepper!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pkatmi wrote:
Jerseygirl2011 wrote:

Ahh .. I din't know you already had a pretty sweet option lined up .. so it's all good I guess .. Have fun at Tepper!

Thanks pkatmi! Good luck with the application to you! please keep me posted!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
No action on the WL front this week? People still hanging on or has anyone withdrawn yet?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
 Q47  V41
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Still hanging around...Found this site a couple weeks ago, but it sounds like there are still quite a few doing the same. I wonder how many they've kept on at this point.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Long time lurker, long time waitlister (R1). Also surprised that we haven't heard anything. Anyone want to volunteer to place a call?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
No news for anyone? I told them this friday was the day I needed to know by. It looks like I'll be getting a ding soon.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Another quiet week? I wonder how many are still waiting around.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dccubsfan wrote:
Another quiet week? I wonder how many are still waiting around.

Quite a few it looks like. It's really late in the game now. The last activity in last years thread happened on july 26th. We're already way past that. Would have expected at least some sort of updates this week.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
To be honest, I haven't been impressed with their communication. The last I heard from Booth was on June 6th and they said they would keep us updated over the next several weeks. I've heard nothing at all since. I just tried to check my application status on the website and it's not even possible to log in anymore from what I can tell. I get it, I'm not getting in, but I expected better communication.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Agreed. Any sort of even status update would be great. I think what puzzles me is just how many people it sounds like are still on the waitlist. Either way, it's definitely time to start thinking about next year. I got this application going way too late in the Spring.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NYYankees wrote:
To be honest, I haven't been impressed with their communication. The last I heard from Booth was on June 6th and they said they would keep us updated over the next several weeks. I've heard nothing at all since. I just tried to check my application status on the website and it's not even possible to log in anymore from what I can tell. I get it, I'm not getting in, but I expected better communication.

Ditto on all that. They had been pretty good about providing updates up until the last one in June, so their silence has been a (disappointing) surprise.

It seems like there are quite a few of us still on the waitlist. I wonder under what set of circumstances they envision having to happen before anyone gets off the waitlist at this point- mass SEC indictment, plane crash, the rapture? Honestly I think that they forgot us.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  179   180   181   182   183   184   185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts