Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 20:08 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 20:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Re: Part Time Programs: Better to apply early? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi bp2013,

You are absolutely right; please accept my apology (the number in the signature is now correct). Feel free to email info@siaadmissions.com, if you have not done so already, to coordinate a call.

Thank you again for reaching out.

bp2013 wrote:
SiaAdmissions wrote:
Hi bp2013,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Since both universities have rolling review, I recommend applying early, especially if your profile falls on the lower end of the spectrum from a quantitative aspect (August would probably be best). I would recommend you review closely the programs you are seeking to apply to. For example, Booth admits students 4-times per year for evening MBA while only twice a year for the weekend program.

I hope this helps. If you are interested to continue the conversation, feel free to reach out and schedule a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

bp2013 wrote:
I'm getting mixed answers on this one. I'm looking to apply to a couple part tie programs (Booth, Kellogg). Both schools are a bit of a stretch for me, so I want to maximize my chances. For the evening/weekend programs that start in winter, the deadline is October 5.

For someone that is likely among the lower end of applicants, does applying earlier make a difference? I'm told that they have different "buckets" to fill, and my chances of being accepted are better if I apply early, rather than close to the deadline, but other say this isn't the case. Does this apply for part time programs? Both schools advised they have a rolling review, where applications are reviewed within 4-6 weeks of when you apply.

If early is better, then how early is early? Should I try to apply before July? August? September? Trying to plan in case I need to re-take the GMAT.

Thanks!

Thanks! FYI I called the number in the signature but gave me a different company. On the SIA website it lists a different number
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Part Time Programs: Better to apply early? [#permalink]