Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:43 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: finance & strategy
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: please evaluate profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
tusharvk wrote:
Linda

Thank you for the evaluation.
Kellogg and Booth are not suggested because my profile would not be competitive or the concentration I seek?

Accepted.com wrote:
tusharvk wrote:
Here is my profile. Would appreciate your candid inputs on my chances into part-time or full-time programs.
UG from IIT (top engineering programs in India) GPA 9.1/10 (3.6/4 depends on the formula you use). Class rank 2. 1st rank gpa = 9.2/10
Grad from U of Illinois GPA 4.0 with one conference and one journal publication.
(class rank not available for grad school)
Both in mechanical engg.
GMAT 700/90% overall (Q49, V35) and AWA 5.5

Seven years of experience as mechanical engg in a fortune 500 company. The experience has been of increasing responsibility. Project leadership and management experience; people management experience in the last two years. Several patents granted and many pending applications. Volunteering and leadership experience in organizing multiple employee engagement events for the last 3 years.

As I have proven my thought leadership, I need to enhance my skills in finance and strategy. After MBA, I would like to move into product management and business strategy.

Please suggest target schools and evaluate my chances.

Consider Tuck, Ross, Darden, Cornell, CMU, and NYU Stern.

Tuck would be a reach program. You have a competitive profile for the rest.

Best,
Linda

Kellogg and Booth would be stretch programs and I thought of both but didn't list them because then you would have 3 stretch programs and that's a lot in my view. But they are appropriate given your goals. I also think your chances at Kellogg may be slightly better because Chicago is trying trying to recruit younger applicants and you are towards the top of their desired experience level, although not beyond it.

Best,
Linda
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Linda

Thanks for your inputs again. I am assuming your comments referred to FT and not PT.
I am kind of forced to go PT (that too not evenings but weekends only). Does that make the situation better in terms of my chances for Kellogg and booth.
Focusing on MI\IL for the present, I do not know if ross has weekend program.

Thank you for all the help.
Send PM
Expert Reply
tusharvk wrote:
Linda

Thanks for your inputs again. I am assuming your comments referred to FT and not PT.
I am kind of forced to go PT (that too not evenings but weekends only). Does that make the situation better in terms of my chances for Kellogg and booth.
Focusing on MI\IL for the present, I do not know if ross has weekend program.

Thank you for all the help.

Sorry. You did ask about PT, and you would be competitive for Booth's and Kellogg's PT programs, as well as Ross' PT programs.

Regards,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot