Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Statistics
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [4]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! [#permalink]
Kudos
We're all under a lot of stress here and a bit jumpy. No need to get uncivil - it won't change our outcome with Stanford. Few days left, so let's sit back and see what happens.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
tdawg wrote:

We're all under a lot of stress here and a bit jumpy. No need to get uncivil - it won't change our outcome with Stanford. Few days left, so let's sit back and see what happens.

Cheers.

Exactly. Like many of you reported your experiences and helped me out, I reported what I encountered and you can see how one user treats me.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ILoseUGain wrote:
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
Nope, wrong again, as often seems to be the case with you. I want verifiable facts that are corroborated by evidence. Not a story that sounds suspect. Like I said, you are the first person I've seen who claims that an admissions officer gave them specific information regarding an entire round of applications. If that had been verified by someone else, posted on a blog from the GSB, or contained enough facts from your call, I'd believe it. I'm not hoping you lied. I'm not dissatisfied because of not hearing. I'm frustrated that misinformation/bad information/potential BS is getting posted without criticism or the need to support/back it up.

Do you see the difference?

I had enough of you. I still have important things to carry out than just analyzing BS as this. Well, you want verifiable facts corroborated by evidence? What do you expect me to do? Record the call of our conversation and upload here. As I said before, there is no gain for me in BSing this stuff. I just shared the thing I experienced so that people can start concentrating on their mistakes and apply in R3 if they want to. And what do you mean by stating that I got specific information from admissions officer which he usually doesn't reveal? They did not give me percentages or number of invites. All they said was reconfirming the point, "yes, we did send out majority of invitations" as they claimed on their social website/emails. Don't expect a reply anymore with your unruly conduct. I got my work to be done. Good luck.

J0yd1v1s10n and Iloseugain,

I think we have discussed enough. I know how painful the wait is and it is also perfectly understandable to have such exchange of words in this tense situation. I am not discouraging anybody from expressing his/her opinion on others thoughts, but at one point the debate should get over.

Best Luck to both of you and also to everyone waiting here!!!

Best Regards,
Narenn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
rhtnr wrote:
My Stanford application status changed (this morning) to :

INTERVIEW GRANTED. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FINAL DECISION ON 26 MARCH.

Are you done with your interview mate? How did it go?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
Just wanted to corroborate what ILoseUgain posted. What JoyDivision posted is incorrect. ILoseUgain was trying to be helpful and his or her information was reliable and correct. While admissions personnel don't give out information related to a specific applicant by phone, they try to be helpful in giving anyone who calls a sense of what is happening. I too called the Stanford GSB office in order to find out what the reality is. Since they had written that the bulk of the invitations would go out by the 25th of February, I assumed that the interview invitations were not distributed uniformly, but rather that the majority would go out by the 25th and a very small number would then be issued in the remaining window of time. When I called, this is what they told me as well (that is, that the bulk would go out and a trickle would go out in the remaining time). Thank you ILoseUgain for trying to help the applicants, and I am very surprised at JoyDivision's uncalled for and incorrect response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
ILoseUGain wrote:
rhtnr wrote:
My Stanford application status changed (this morning) to :

INTERVIEW GRANTED. YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FINAL DECISION ON 26 MARCH.

Are you done with your interview mate? How did it go?

This is how my Stanford Interview went

I met the interviewer (who was also an entrepreneur) at a coffee shop of a leading 4* hotel

Interviewer: I dont know the context with which GSB has shortlisted you so all I know about you is from your CV.

1) Walk me through your life : detailed discussion about life starting from 'birth to current job'. Can you mention the highlights of your college life and career
2) Why MBA?
3) Why Stanford? Specifically asked, considering you have invites from multiple colleges why would you join Stanford?

Interviewer: Now that I've understood your work and what you want to do in life, let me move into more behavioural questions
1) Tell me a time when you had a conflict and what did you do?
2) Tell me a time when you took a decision beyond your capacity and how did you convince your team-mates?
Got me discussing my roles in various capacities (co-founder, VC funded CEO and as an individual contributor at IT company(

The interesting part about the behavioural questions is that JUST AN ANSWER wasn't enough, my interviewer made sure he went into the details of the questions and had a 'DEEP DIVE INTO' every answer to actually understand my behaviour - going to the extent of asking, so tell me exactly what was the conversation in the board room, what did you say on the drive back that convinced your co-founder etc

After this we spent fifteen minutes on understanding how Stanford helped him etc

I could never read his emotions and that left me confused at the end of the event but overall good experience!

Hope this helps!

I'm also attaching a list of questions that have been asked at Stanford the last few years (collected from Clearadmit). These questions helped me for my Wharton interview as well, so hope this helps all of you.
Attachments

File comment: Questions from the last many years asked at Stanford- covers basic plus behavioural questions. Also helped me with my Wharton interview. Goodluck!
Stanford Interview questions - rhtnr.xlsx [13.35 KiB]
Downloaded 241 times

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [8]
Concentration: General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Holy crap, I just got an interview invite! Totally not expecting this one!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
DefyingGravity wrote:
Holy crap, I just got an interview invite! Totally not expecting this one!!!

Congrats mate! Keeping that dream alive! Hope this is the beginning of more interview invites being released. Good luck all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for the glimmer of hope :)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
I just received an invite today too! Don't be discouraged - they're definitely still sending out invitations. It's not over till it is :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats! Would you mind sharing background & location?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Sure.

I'm based in Southeast Asia, consulting background, and hope to go into non-profit post-MBA. Pretty thrilled to be interviewing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [11]
Send PM
Kudos