Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) 2017 Intake [#permalink]
I'm also applying to Business and Management!

My gmat score : 660 (q45,v35) Awa 5.5
Gpa 4.27/5
I don't have any extra merits, except exchange year and studying abroad.

I know my Gmat score is lower than last year's average, but hopefully the average doesn't increase too much and I have a chance :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi peeps !
Could I ask you guys something
So I'm a freshman at an alright uni, top 5 in the country. I'm interested In applying for the MSc Business & Management.
So far my profile looks like this:
-Fluent in 4 languages
- Manager at my current job
- My and my friend have several start-up projects.
- Going to apply for summer school In HEC Paris
-Involved in the International committe and Entrepreneur committe.
-High School In a different country

I'm currently studying for a BSc in Business Administration. Do you guys have tips about things I should do to increase my chances to get admitted?

P.S sorry for a random/unrelated post.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know when we'll get the reply from SSE if we applied in the November round?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
maryse wrote:
Does anyone know when we'll get the reply from SSE if we applied in the November round?

I think last years date was December 15th, so we should get the answer by next week? ... :o
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) 2017 Intake [#permalink]
Fritchon wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:
Any non EU/EEA application here to SSE? Would you guys normally finance the tuition yourself or take a shot at the Swedish Institute Scholarship?

My parents would support me in the tuition and living expenses.

Thanks Fritchon. What is your plan after graduation? I am going to apply for the second round, GMAT: 730, GPA:3.45/4 from a public school in Singapore. Anyone with any ideas on job opportunities for non EU/EEA in Sweden/London after graduation from SSE?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summertimesadness wrote:
Fritchon wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:
Any non EU/EEA application here to SSE? Would you guys normally finance the tuition yourself or take a shot at the Swedish Institute Scholarship?

Thanks Fritchon. What is your plan after graduation? I am going to apply for the second round, GMAT: 730, GPA:3.45/4 from a public school in Singapore. Anyone with any ideas on job opportunities for non EU/EEA in Sweden/London after graduation from SSE?

I'm not Fritchon but I can answer the second half of your question. Generally what I've heard is that if you don't speak Swedish it's going to be hard to get a job in Sweden. How good are you at languages and do you plan to stay in Europe in the long term?

As for London, you'd be trying to get a tier 2 visa which is pretty hard to get if you're not from a UK university. There are only 20000 tier 2 visas issued every year. However, if you have a tier 4 from a UK university, you're not part of this quota. But there are obviously exceptions!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summertimesadness wrote:
Fritchon wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:

I have no idea about London, but I know that 41 % of the international students that graduated in 2015 chose to stay and work in Sweden. I doubt that all of them speaks Swedish fluent, so I don't really agree with Maryse that it would be an essential requirement to get a job :)
However, if you plan to stay in Sweden after graduation, learning Swedish seems like a good idea anyway :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SSE (Stockholm School of Economics) 2017 Intake [#permalink]
oneteam wrote:
summertimesadness wrote:
Fritchon wrote:

I have no idea about London, but I know that 41 % of the international students that graduated in 2015 chose to stay and work in Sweden. I doubt that all of them speaks Swedish fluent, so I don't really agree with Maryse that it would be an essential requirement to get a job :)
However, if you plan to stay in Sweden after graduation, learning Swedish seems like a good idea anyway :lol:

It's pretty important when you're not an EU citizen and you need to find a job that'll give you a work visa. But as you said, it's not completely necessary.

I suspect that most of international students are EU/EEA citizens who did not face the problem of the work visa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Thank maryse and oneteam for your replies. Good news is their employment report seems to suggest that most people will find jobs no matter where they end up. On another note, do you guys apply to other schools such as Bocconi or St Gallen?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summertimesadness wrote:
Thank maryse and oneteam for your replies. Good news is their employment report seems to suggest that most people will find jobs no matter where they end up. On another note, do you guys apply to other schools such as Bocconi or St Gallen?

I'm sure you'll find a job with a degree from hhs. I'm applying for Bocconi but not HSG because it's hard to find a job in DACH without German and it's notoriously difficult to get a work permit in Switzerland. I don't have plans to learn German. Switzerland is also a lot more expensive than Italy.

Handels is my first choice because I speak Swedish.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I'm applying for MSc FINANCE and Accounting as second choice, here's my profile:

-Bachelor in Economics and Finance from Bocconi (Italy), my GPA is 25.6/30 which should be equal to a 3.0/4 in the US system
-GMAT 760 (50Q,41V)
-IELTS 7.5
-No internships
-No exchange but a 1 month summer program at Georgetown University (Washington DC)

I think that my GPA is weak wrt other applicants, what do you think?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
summertimesadness wrote:

Waiting for the 1st round answer before deciding upon application to other schools. On test day I sent my scores to St. Gallen, Bocconi and Oxford Said :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmazzocchi wrote:
Hi, I'm applying for MSc FINANCE and Accounting as second choice, here's my profile:

-Bachelor in Economics and Finance from Bocconi (Italy), my GPA is 25.6/30 which should be equal to a 3.0/4 in the US system
-GMAT 760 (50Q,41V)
-IELTS 7.5
-No internships
-No exchange but a 1 month summer program at Georgetown University (Washington DC)

I think that my GPA is weak wrt other applicants, what do you think?

]

Hej!

Indeed, your GPA is lower than the one of other applicants. Yet, your GMAT score is sick! So I think you can totally make it with 760.

What's you first choice of master?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oneteam wrote:
Already posted in another thread but I guess this is the main thread now.

Applied for the early deadline MSc Finance.

Profile:
GMAT: 740.
BSc with a major in finance: 50-60 % Pass with distinction from another Swedish university (corresponds to something like 3.5 GPA).
One internship within finance
Have been active within my schools finance society and I've had at least one part time job besides my studies during the whole period of my bachelors (all jobs relevant to my education).

Good luck to the rest of you!

Vad tycker du om LUSEM? Tänker du ansöka till andra universitet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
maryse wrote:
oneteam wrote:
Already posted in another thread but I guess this is the main thread now.

Applied for the early deadline MSc Finance.

Profile:
GMAT: 740.
BSc with a major in finance: 50-60 % Pass with distinction from another Swedish university (corresponds to something like 3.5 GPA).
One internship within finance
Have been active within my schools finance society and I've had at least one part time job besides my studies during the whole period of my bachelors (all jobs relevant to my education).

Good luck to the rest of you!

Vad tycker du om LUSEM? Tänker du ansöka till andra universitet?

PM!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received an email from SSE around an hour ago. Offered a place in the Business and Management program! Utterly thrilled :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fizzyhill wrote:
Just received an email from SSE around an hour ago. Offered a place in the Business and Management program! Utterly thrilled :D

CONGRATS!

What is your profile? :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts