Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
ac8706 wrote:
Thank you so much for your insight! I really appreciate it!

One other question: I've heard that having international work experience can really boost your app - is it worth it to leave job with high responsibility to take up one in a different country with lower responsibility? Ideally it would be high-high but if that can't happen...

Thanks again for your help,
ac.

ac8706,

No, you don't need to take a lower position in another country just to get international experience. International experience can also include having teammates who are from other cultures or working remotely with international teams at work. You can also establish an international profile in your own city by seeking leadership positions with internationally oriented organizations where you interact with international people who are living in your location. Even a one- or two-month 'sabbatical' or volunteer experience in a foreign country can raise your international profile (but is not necessary to do to get in somewhere).

Good luck,
Current Student
Send PM
Re: profile advice please!! [#permalink]
thanks very much for the advice!! I really appreciate it! Getting that type within the community is a great idea - very doable!!
thanks,
ac
Send PM
Expert Reply
You're welcome.
Current Student
Send PM
Hi Paul,
How are you doing? I had posted my profile a few months back and was extremely grateful for your input at the time...I've since taken the GMAT, enhanced the ECs, made my list of schools, and more carefully defined what I want to do after receiving the MBA....would you mind re-evaluating my profile with this more recent information?

Things that have changed since last profile post:
1) GMAT score
2) ECs
3) What do I want to do after my MBA? Would like to go into health care management
4) Schools on my redefined list: Chicago, MIT, Duke, Columbia, Wharton (hail-mary #1), HBS (hail-mary #2), Kellogg, Tuck (if time permits)

If I don't get accepted this year to any of these schools, I'll re-apply next year so I'm not applying to any "safeties" at this time.

I would be extremely grateful for your insight once again. What do you think? Are any of the schools on the list feasible? Any others that I should consider that aren't on there?

Send PM
Expert Reply
ac8706,

Sorry for the delayed response; I somehow missed this post until now. Congratulations on your improved profile. With your new numbers, stronger EC, gender (an asset), and the fact that you're managing four people at age 23/24, I think you can aim high. I think you could be competitive at all these schools (including Wharton), but HBS will still be reach, though one I would not discourage you from trying for. Just be sure to emphasize your leadership and impact in everything you and your recommenders write.

Good luck,
Current Student
Send PM

Accepted.com wrote:
ac8706,

Sorry for the delayed response; I somehow missed this post until now. Congratulations on your improved profile. With your new numbers, stronger EC, gender (an asset), and the fact that you're managing four people at age 23/24, I think you can aim high. I think you could be competitive at all these schools (including Wharton), but HBS will still be reach, though one I would not discourage you from trying for. Just be sure to emphasize your leadership and impact in everything you and your recommenders write.

Good luck,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
thanks for providing this information
Send PM