Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:43 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:43
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation by Experts [#permalink]
Hi I have applied for R3 of Jan 2023 intake.

GMAT 740, Wx 13 Years, Major Experience in Oil and gas EPC projects in international domains.

Can anyone please guide is wx 13 can be a cause of rejection.

Awaiting for decision and call for interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Background and nationality- Indian
Undergrad Information- Bcom (hons) 2019 batch-gpa 3/4(74.07%) and MCom(Finance) 2021 batch-3/4(76.96%)
GMAT/GRE- scoring 600 in mocks
Work experience and leadership-Na
Community and others- Member of college societies
Post Master goals- Full time working in Canada
Anything else?- Prefer for Msc Finance in Mcgill university Hec montreal and some other B School under budget (total fee)-50k cad
have some certification courses as well in finance from isb yale etc
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Deepalisingh wrote:
Provided that there are no less consultants on this forum, I'm excited to see the type of responses

Does one actually need consulting for MIM applications? What are the pros and cons of it? Can one do it all by him/herself? How difficult is it?

Would love to know your ideas

Let me try to answer this as neutrally and objectively as possible.
Do you really need an Admissions Consultant?
No.
You do not need an Admissions Consultant if you are reasonably confident on all these five-
1. Your Career Goals
2. Shortlisting Universities
3. Your Application Writing Skills
4. Your Interview Skills
5. Expectations from the Admissions Committee
That being said, everyone should have their applications reviewed by an expert, whether they are friends, family, colleagues, or consultants.
Personal contacts, on the other hand, may be unable to provide objective and neutral feedback.
You should definitely seek objective feedback to help you review and improve your profile.
All that is fine, but how do I select an MiM Admissions Consultant?
One word- TRUST. Here are some pointers to start building trust.
Examine their previous work on social media, LinkedIn, a YouTube channel, or any other platform. The majority of this is free advice. What kind of advice do they give in those forums? Does this sound useful? Or are they just trying to get more business by giving hollow advice?
Speak with them and, if their work interests you, contact them. A phone call, personal meeting, or any free or trial strategy session can be extremely beneficial.
Who are you dealing with a company or a boutique service? A large corporation or a small boutique operation? Both have advantages and disadvantages. So, make an informed decision.
What services do they provide? Is the process and expectations understood? Will you find what you're looking for? Are they requesting payment before clarifying things? Be wary of the scam.
Research and make the right choice.
All the best.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
DanishAli wrote:

GMAT 740, Wx 13 Years, Major Experience in Oil and gas EPC projects in international domains.

I must say that you have scored a good GMAT with 740 score but let me be straight forward, it is harder to be admitted after Round 1 and 2. Each round is equally competitive, as the ratio of acceptance is the same for all rounds. When choosing which round to apply in (we have four application rounds for the MBA programme), the most important consideration is to dedicate enough time and thought to your application so that it accurately represents your strengths and talents, instead of rushing to meet the next available application deadline.

Also as you have mentioned that you have 13yr of work experience so this can also be a red alert to get an admit from Insead. Insead does accept applicants who have only two years’ work experience and are 24-25 years old, as well as those who have up to 10 years work experience and are in their mid-thirties.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Profile Evaluation by Experts [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi, DanishAli,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to congratulate you on backing a stellar 740 in your GMAT. That’s quite exceptional, so kudos on that! Additionally, I would suggest adding a bit more about your overall statistics and giving brief information about any additional courses, certifications, and accolades!

About your work experience, we would like to know your roles and responsibilities. You’ll need to back them up with substantial examples of leadership, excellence in the field, decision-making, and analytical skills in your long tenure. Having a lot of experience sometimes causes a hindrance as the adcom considers candidates to be an expert in the subject matter. Hence, I want you to understand your opinion about EMBA; considering your huge work experience, I would suggest you to once go through our article on Top Executive MBA Programs, these programs are designed especially for creating global leaders by providing a degree and international experience at the same time.

We have enough experience working with successful candidates in the oil and gas sector and that too with scholarship. However, I would suggest you share your entire profile for a proper free evaluation by our team of expert consultants. Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to your target MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Webinar- R1 vs. R2: ideal-round to apply alongside gmat prep

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

DanishAli wrote:

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Faisalkhan1212 wrote:
Background and nationality- Indian
Undergrad Information- Bcom (hons) 2019 batch-gpa 3/4(74.07%) and MCom(Finance) 2021 batch-3/4(76.96%)
GMAT/GRE- scoring 600 in mocks
Work experience and leadership-Na
Community and others- Member of college societies
Post Master goals- Full time working in Canada
Anything else?- Prefer for Msc Finance in Mcgill university Hec montreal and some other B School under budget (total fee)-50k cad
have some certification courses as well in finance from isb yale etc

Hey,
Let me try to answer this as neutrally and objectively as possible.

First of all try to score more than 650+ in your GMAT Score. As Mcgill university’s average GMAT score requirement is 667. Also, HEC Montreal's average GMAT score requirement is 630.
So, it will be feasible to score 650+ in your GMAT.

No work experience is required by any university so that is good to go.
Now coming to the total fee or the budget, let me be totally frank, HEC Montreal’s total fee is $34,200 and Mcgill university’s total fee is $57,465.

You can apply for scholarships and loan to get cover your most of the expenses in Canada.
Here are some of the scholarships you can apply to:
President’s Scholarship for International Students
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship
University of Victoria President’s Beyond Borders funding
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS)
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF)

To know more about the scholarships, loans and more about your selection chances in these schools, I would strongly suggest you to take up an in-depth profile evaluation once again.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Demographic:
Indian Female, 25 years old

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR 7 AWA 4.5

Profile:
I come from a design background and did my undergraduate degree in graphic design from NID Ahmedabad, one of India's best design institutes.(CGPA 8.05/10, top 5 in class) Since then, I've been working in advertising, at companies including Ogilvy and Dentsu Webchutney, and am now working as a founding member and creative at an independent advertising agency. My total work experience is 3 years (37 months)

During my career, I've been on multiple international award winning projects and teams (4 grand prix at Spikes Asia, 19 metals at the One Show for Creativity, and a Bronze lion at the Cannes festival for Creativity.) In addition to this, several of my student projects have been published on platforms such as BBC 100 Women, Thomson Reuters, CNN, the Hindu, and the Scroll. I've also been a guest on BBC's Big Debate radio show, and have been selected as a portfolio night all star, representing my city in a competition in New York.

Post MBA goals:
I want to move from a craft focused role to a strategy focused role in a marketing team for a tech/ lifestyle brand, such as Apple, Google, AirBNB, Spotify, Netflix, VICE, or Bumble.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Divyakshi wrote:
Demographic:
Indian Female, 25 years old

GMAT: 730 Q49 V41 IR 7 AWA 4.5

Profile:
I come from a design background and did my undergraduate degree in graphic design from NID Ahmedabad, one of India's best design institutes.(CGPA 8.05/10, top 5 in class) Since then, I've been working in advertising, at companies including Ogilvy and Dentsu Webchutney, and am now working as a founding member and creative at an independent advertising agency. My total work experience is 3 years (37 months)

During my career, I've been on multiple international award winning projects and teams (4 grand prix at Spikes Asia, 19 metals at the One Show for Creativity, and a Bronze lion at the Cannes festival for Creativity.) In addition to this, several of my student projects have been published on platforms such as BBC 100 Women, Thomson Reuters, CNN, the Hindu, and the Scroll. I've also been a guest on BBC's Big Debate radio show, and have been selected as a portfolio night all star, representing my city in a competition in New York.

Post MBA goals:
I want to move from a craft focused role to a strategy focused role in a marketing team for a tech/ lifestyle brand, such as Apple, Google, AirBNB, Spotify, Netflix, VICE, or Bumble.

Hey, you have a pretty good profile.
Academically, you have a good GPA which showcases your academic power. Speaking of your GMAT score of 730, it would definitely work in your favour as it further illustrates your academic capabilities, allowing you to apply to most of the top colleges. While your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavours matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.

Not only this your work experience also plays an important in your application process. As far as your work experience goes, since an MBA is a manager's degree and requires significant work experience, your 3 years of work experience would put you at par with other applicants.

Extracurricular + Achievements: Your extracurriculars are pretty impressive. It definitely showcases your leadership and hard-working skills.
I would recommend you to do volunteering as well, as it will shine in your application.

You just need to make a killer application highlighting all your skills explaining why you are the perfect candidate.
Make your application unique so that it stands out of the crowd. Along with the MBA you can do some course along side like designing course.

Here are the Top MBA B-Schools you can target:
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
Columbia Business School
Harvard Business School
Insead
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
Stanford Graduate School of Business
University of Chicago: Booth
London Business School
Yale School of Management

If you want your deep profile evaluation and need more help for your study abroad journey you can book a 20-minute free strategy session with our experts today and let them consult you in deep.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
In this call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I am looking forward to pursuing Masters (not MBA) in a business field (General Management/ Operations/ Marketing/ Business Analytics). I have done my bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India from an average college (college ranking around 90) with 74% (top 40% of the batch) in 2020. I don't have any extracurricular activities to show in the application form but I started a small venture for around 10 months when I was 16. Then after my first year of college, I started working in the family business ( small scale distribution business in healthcare sector) where I worked for 2-3 years part-time and 2 years (completing in July 2022) full-time (sales/operations/retail profile) and made some significant contributions by pivoting and reviving the failing business. I would like to know which colleges and courses (2 years courses preferred) I can apply to with a GMAT score between 650-720 (yet to take). I also wanted to know how can I prove my part-time work experience both in the family business and for the venture I started at 16 alongside my senior secondary school education. Would these have any significance as there is no documented proof because of the venture being in an unorganized sector?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone, would greatly appreciate your inputs on my profile for INSEAD MBA. Thank you in advance!

Background
Gender Male
Nationality: Indian
Languages: English, Hindi, Basic Arabic

Work Experience:
1. 3 years of work experience at Capgemini Consulting as a Business Consultant, then fast track promotion to Associate Project Manager in the first year. --> Went to South Africa (9 months) and Turkey (3 months) for a German automotive client. Rolled their deployments of marketing software across APAC and MENA.
(Managed Teams of up to 25 people across 3 verticals - worked on budgeting and people management and promotions)
2. 1.4 years of experience as an Associate strategy consultant in a finance company managing the entire internal strategy department, and reporting directly to the regional director. (Worked with BCG and some PE firms to streamline their processes as well)
3. 1 year as BI and Strategy Head at a Food Ecommerce Startup in Dubai since 2021 Sept. Managing the one vertical of the product that caters to directly 500M odd users across the country, moved to head to marketing and now currently managing the entire CRM and comms for the company.

Academic:
1. Graduated with a degree in B.tech in Chemical Engineering from NIT Jaipur, India with a 6.3/10 (Distinction and top 30% percentile) in 2017
2. GMAT - 690 (should I take a retake?)

International Experience:
1. Turkey Business Trip - 3 months onshore and 9 months offshore work with the team
2. South Africa - Trip cut short due to Covid (9 months in South Africa till product rollout)
3. Dubai - Lived here from 2002-2015 and then shifted back here for work in 2020 April
3. Avid traveller for leisure

Extra-Curricular Activities:
1. Volunteer with an international organization in consulting. As a volunteer, I get to work with people and organizations from around the world.
2. Was the Student President of the Core Student Society
3. Was a part of the executive committee of multiple clubs at the university
4. Created a volunteering program for Women who are homemakers and want to learn excel and invest in stocks, MFs
5. Part of a volunteering group which helps blind people study and give exams

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term: Work as a strategy consultant for startups and help them roll out products globally, helping in assessing the product viability in a specific terrain
Long Term: Work as a strategy head for a matured startup which has attained unicorn status and hopefully move towards multiple entreprenuial ventures
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
DanishAli wrote:
Hello everyone, would greatly appreciate your inputs on my profile for INSEAD MBA. Thank you in advance!

Background
Gender Male

Work Experience:
1. 3 years of work experience at Capgemini Consulting as a Business Consultant, then fast track promotion to Associate Project Manager in the first year. --> Went to South Africa (9 months) and Turkey (3 months) for a German automotive client. Rolled their deployments of marketing software across APAC and MENA.
(Managed Teams of up to 25 people across 3 verticals - worked on budgeting and people management and promotions)
2. 1.4 years of experience as an Associate strategy consultant in a finance company managing the entire internal strategy department, and reporting directly to the regional director. (Worked with BCG and some PE firms to streamline their processes as well)
3. 1 year as BI and Strategy Head at a Food Ecommerce Startup in Dubai since 2021 Sept. Managing the one vertical of the product that caters to directly 500M odd users across the country, moved to head to marketing and now currently managing the entire CRM and comms for the company.

Academic:
1. Graduated with a degree in B.tech in Chemical Engineering from NIT Jaipur, India with a 6.3/10 (Distinction and top 30% percentile) in 2017

1. Turkey Business Trip - 3 months onshore and 9 months offshore work with the team
2. South Africa - Trip cut short due to Covid (9 months in South Africa till product rollout)
3. Dubai - Lived here from 2002-2015 and then shifted back here for work in 2020 April

1. Volunteer with an international organization in consulting. As a volunteer, I get to work with people and organizations from around the world.
4. Created a volunteering program for Women who are homemakers and want to learn excel and invest in stocks, MFs

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term: Work as a strategy consultant for startups and help them roll out products globally, helping in assessing the product viability in a specific terrain
Long Term: Work as a strategy head for a matured startup which has attained unicorn status and hopefully move towards multiple entreprenuial ventures

You have a decent relevant work experience, but academically, you have a low GPA. Speaking of your GMAT score of 690, I would really recommend you to score 710+, that would definitely work in your favour as that will further illustrates your academic capabilities, allowing you to apply to most of the top colleges. While your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavours matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles. That said, your volunteering and leadership roles all showcase your strong interest in developing your profile holistically by highlighting your ability to take up initiatives, impact others and to empathize with other people. B-schools are looking for applicants that are future leaders and such experiences and qualities strengthen your application. To further improve your profile you could take up certifications to bolster your extracurriculars and build a holistic profile.

As far as your work experience goes, since an MBA is a manager's degree and requires significant work experience, your 5+ years of work experience would put you at par with other applicants. In order to stand out from the crowd, you most certainly should focus on your GMAT and major projects of your work and how these experiences helped to develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Since you have some big brands like BCG in your work experience, these will definitely benefit you and showcase an equally competitive profile.

Furthermore, if you want to work in strategy consulting, you must relate your previous experiences with your post-MBA goals. Because INSEAD is a top B-School, you must plan ahead of time to secure a spot in the MBA programme.
Moving on to the school you are targeting, I’d say you have a decent chance of getting accepted into the top school.. Since Insead falls under the dream category you’d have a 40-50% chance of getting admitted. So, increase your chances in INSEAD focus on the things I mentioned above.
On this note, to prepare a strong application to meet the upcoming deadlines right on time, you can check our comprehensive all in one solution that has helped thousands of applicants get into their dream schools including schools like HEC, INSEAD and LBS!

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
AmanSoren wrote:
Hi,
I am looking forward to pursuing Masters (not MBA) in a business field (General Management/ Operations/ Marketing/ Business Analytics). I have done my bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India from an average college (college ranking around 90) with 74% (top 40% of the batch) in 2020. I don't have any extracurricular activities to show in the application form but I started a small venture for around 10 months when I was 16. Then after my first year of college, I started working in the family business ( small scale distribution business in healthcare sector) where I worked for 2-3 years part-time and 2 years (completing in July 2022) full-time (sales/operations/retail profile) and made some significant contributions by pivoting and reviving the failing business. I would like to know which colleges and courses (2 years courses preferred) I can apply to with a GMAT score between 650-720 (yet to take). I also wanted to know how can I prove my part-time work experience both in the family business and for the venture I started at 16 alongside my senior secondary school education. Would these have any significance as there is no documented proof because of the venture being in an unorganized sector?

Hey,
Academically, I would recommend you to go for 700+ in your GMAT.
To score 700+ I would suggest you to score atleast 730-740 in your mocks to achieved your 700+ goal of GMAT.
As you mentioned that you have almost 3-5 years of work experience that MBA colleges required. As you do not have any certification, you must have atleast the knowledge you gain from your work. So, how you would represent yourself in front of ADCOMS matters the most. If you would be able to make them proof about your work ex, you are good to go. So, what matters here is how you present your story and make yourself stand out as an applicant.

Here, you have mentioned you do not have any extracurricular activities, that can be little disappointing for your application. To cover that try to score as much more in your GMAT so that your extracurriculars won’t hamper your chances.

Here are the Top MBA B-Schools you can target:
University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
Columbia Business School
Harvard Business School
Insead
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
Stanford Graduate School of Business
University of Chicago: Booth
London Business School
Yale School of Management

If you want your deep profile evaluation and need more help for your study abroad journey you can book a 20-minute free strategy session with our experts today and let them consult you in deep.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi DanishAli,

Visit our Website for more free resources and everything latest about MBA on MBA and Beyond

Thank you for sharing your profile. On the surface, your profile appears to be in good shape. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA appears to be quite low, and I recommend that you retake the GMAT. Your overall profile is solid, but a GMAT score of 700 or above will increase your prospects.

Insead looks for the following aspects in the candidate-
1) Leadership
2) Contribution
3) International Experience
4) Academics

You have 1, 2, and 3 on your profile, and you must work on 4. Your work experience appears to be interesting. You've held several leadership roles, so I'm assuming you're a fantastic leader. You should also emphasize your contributions to the work, initiatives you took, and their impact on the organization. You have worked in South Africa and Turkey, and sharing how these overseas experiences have impacted you, can strengthen your app. You may talk about your startup experience, as it has provided you with the opportunity to work in strategic positions and presently managing the whole CRM. Overall, you have amazing work experience; all you need to do now is effectively communicate it to the AdComs. You may want to read an article on, techniques to ACE your MBA personal statement it will give you some insights.

Regarding your ECs, they are okay. You can discuss your volunteer experiences since they illustrate important characteristics of contribution to society. Your post-MBA goals make sense and are aligned with your previous work experience. You will need to back them up with specific examples of "why MBA," particularly "why MBA from INSEAD." INSEAD prefers individuals who are confident about taking an MBA to further their careers, and you are one of them. Overall, you have a strong profile and a decent chance at INSEAD. Simply focus on raising your GMAT score and writing amazing essays that reflect the values of a particular business school you are targeting. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and your further chances to INSEAD. Feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

DanishAli wrote:

Background
Gender Male

Work Experience:

Academic:

Post MBA Goals:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone, I really need help to decide my short term goal, in a way that does not negatively impact my applications.
GMAT - 760
Indian Male, 32, Law undergrad
Company- EdTech start-up, into training and mentoring. Has operations in 20 major cities.
Experience- 8 years.
Work- Successfully launched offline operations in 8 cities across India. Analyzed the market, target audience, advert requirements, competition activities, human resource requirements and prepared a plan accordingly. Implemented the plan by conducting branding sessions inside schools and college, organizing and hosting big ticket events, recruiting and training the staff for executing the sales targets and building a stellar media connect in these cities. In addition to this, hosted, planned and logistically managed more than 100 city level events pan India in the past 8 years.
Strategized and launched a tie-up program wherein educational institutes were given an opportunity to brand their products inside our ecosystem. As a part of this activity, made presentations regarding the efficacy of the tie up program before numerous institutes across India and after rigorous negotiations.
Part of the team which was tasked to prepare a cogent plan when the company decided to enter the online education space, subsequently developed the online training platform.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Japjyot wrote:
Hi Everyone, I really need help to decide my short term goal, in a way that does not negatively impact my applications.
GMAT - 760
Company- EdTech start-up, into training and mentoring. Has operations in 20 major cities.
Experience- 8 years.
Work- Successfully launched offline operations in 8 cities across India. Analyzed the market, target audience, advert requirements, competition activities, human resource requirements and prepared a plan accordingly. Implemented the plan by conducting branding sessions inside schools and college, organizing and hosting big ticket events, recruiting and training the staff for executing the sales targets and building a stellar media connect in these cities. In addition to this, hosted, planned and logistically managed more than 100 city level events pan India in the past 8 years.
Strategized and launched a tie-up program wherein educational institutes were given an opportunity to brand their products inside our ecosystem. As a part of this activity, made presentations regarding the efficacy of the tie up program before numerous institutes across India and after rigorous negotiations.
Part of the team which was tasked to prepare a cogent plan when the company decided to enter the online education space, subsequently developed the online training platform.

I would like to mention one thing here, you scored 760 in your GMAT which is pretty impressive.
You have a very decent work experience. One thing is pretty impressive that you have launched offlines operation in not 1 or 2, 8 countries that’s a big number. But after reading much I learned that you managed more than 100 city level events, really really impressive. Great work with your work experience.

As you concern is you need help to decide your short term goal. So, I would really suggest you to have correct suggestions from the top experts. Book a call with our experts and let them help you decide your short term goal.

Overall I would say you have a pretty decent profile.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Profile Evaluation by Experts [#permalink]
PROFILE:

Nationality: White (Male)
Graduating Spring 2023
Interest: MBA in Finance

GPA: 3.2
GMAT: 760 (Q50, V42)
Top 50 Public University - Undergrad Double Major in Economics & Sociology - Sum Laude
Feeder Community College - AA Degree - With Honors

Extracurriculars:
Financial Management Association - Member
National Association of Business Economics - Vice President
Quiz Bowl Association - Director of Operations
Universities Honors Society
Campus' Study Skills Tutor
Fraternity

Volunteer:
For a semester I afterschool tutored/mentored refugee children at a local elementary school.
As a part of my honor society I've volunteered 200 hours across multiple organizations (School, City, Tutoring, Foundations) over two years upon graduation.
As a part of my fraternity I've done lots of volunteering for foundations, school organizations, etc.

Current Work Experience:
Fortune 100 Economic Analyst Summer Internship
Part Time Sales Supervisor for a nice retail clothing company, 2 years, promoted twice.
*Plan to have another Fortune 100-500 Internship this upcoming 2023 Summer (Finance)*

Recommendations:
Decent, primarily from faculty and professors that know me well.

A little side note that I think is important to mention. Before I attended community college to get my AA degree I actually attended a Top 300 University and failed out. So basically I left that University with a 1.5 GPA, made straight A's for a year at community college, got into a top 50 public University, and have made straight A's until I graduate. Not your typical B+ Average 3.2 GPA, more like a F student turned into an A student. Let me know if you think this will negatively affect me, personally I think it shows change, growth and commitment as I have 2-3 years of straight A's after coming from such bad grades but I also can see how flunking out can overall look weak. I've actually based a lot of my essays around it and how I've grown into a leader and have become a better person from it. I've tried to use it to highlight my strengths and accomplishments as it shows improvement from the worst you can do to striving for greatness.

With this profile, what schools should I be able to have a decent shot at? I tried to overcompensate for my low gpa by having a higher gmat, I also know I'm still very young but am hoping my internship experience can get me in the door. My dream B schools are the M7's, SOM, Tuck and Johnson. Thoughts?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [0]
Send PM
Japjyot wrote:
GMAT - 760
Experience- 8 years.

<<snip>>

Japjyot,

A few thoughts on your profile evaluation and some questions.
  1. The academic arc isn't quite clear - did you do law from an NLU or some such? How was the GPA there? The GMAT score will of course help you a lot but that's not the only piece of the puzzle.
  2. The professional profile looks extremely promising. Is this your startup or if not, what's your designation/role here? While startups are great, they can also be challenging due to the lack of scale/credibility/brand - areas to explicitly address as part of your applications. Do you have any other experience prior to this as the age/experience range doesn't seem to be totally in sync? Or any gaps?
  3. One aspect to bear in mind is that MBA after 30 is tricky. So, choose your schools wisely.
  4. See here for some thoughts on how to formulate your post-MBA goals pitch. There is not a particular answer that's 'right'. Develop something that makes a logical sense and as close to what you actually want to do.
  5. Top schools value ECs. Anything here?

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5