Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:29 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for Columbia Business School. Thanks! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
gr33ngi4nt wrote:
[quote=]
Your GMAT is low for these programs, especially for Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and Stern. You may have a better chance at LBS. Have you considered a retake?

Best,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your reply. I am planning to rewrite, but am in the process of applying to Columbia for pre-decision. Given the rest of my background, do you think this would be an unwise decision? I've talked to a bunch of people (alumni/current students/admissions) who recommended I do this, however, I'm trying to be realistic and get an unbiased opinion.

Thanks,
Victor[/quote]

Victor,

Hmmm. I see why they are recommending it. It's a close call. When are you planning to retake the GMAT and what do you think you can realistically get?

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Accepted. com wrote:
gr33ngi4nt wrote:
[quote=]
Your GMAT is low for these programs, especially for Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and Stern. You may have a better chance at LBS. Have you considered a retake?

Best,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your reply. I am planning to rewrite, but am in the process of applying to Columbia for pre-decision. Given the rest of my background, do you think this would be an unwise decision? I've talked to a bunch of people (alumni/current students/admissions) who recommended I do this, however, I'm trying to be realistic and get an unbiased opinion.

Thanks,
Victor

Victor,

Hmmm. I see why they are recommending it. It's a close call. When are you planning to retake the GMAT and what do you think you can realistically get?

Best,
Linda[/quote]

I think I can hit 700, but I'm not confident on getting much more beyond that. The issue I've been having is working 12 hours a day (thankfully no weekends anymore) and then when earning season comes around I have absolutely no time to study for two weeks. Realistically, my only option to rewrite, while still allowing myself time to work on applications (for round 2 deadlines) is the second week of October; I'm away for two weeks afterwards, and then earning season starts up again until November 15th. A part of me is thinking I'm way in over my head, and that aside from Columbia I don't have much of a chance for the other schools given my GMAT score.

Columbia told me to specify in my essay (I'll put it in my optional essay) that I am disappointed in my score and will rewrite on XX date. What are your thoughts?
Send PM
Expert Reply
gr33ngi4nt wrote:
Accepted. com wrote:
gr33ngi4nt wrote:
[quote=]

Best,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Thanks,
Victor

Victor,

Best,
Linda

I think I can hit 700, but I'm not confident on getting much more beyond that. The issue I've been having is working 12 hours a day (thankfully no weekends anymore) and then when earning season comes around I have absolutely no time to study for two weeks. Realistically, my only option to rewrite, while still allowing myself time to work on applications (for round 2 deadlines) is the second week of October; I'm away for two weeks afterwards, and then earning season starts up again until November 15th. A part of me is thinking I'm way in over my head, and that aside from Columbia I don't have much of a chance for the other schools given my GMAT score.

Columbia told me to specify in my essay (I'll put it in my optional essay) that I am disappointed in my score and will rewrite on XX date. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

I would take the advice you got from the CBS adcom. I don't mean to be unsympathetic, but don't attempt to excuse your GMAT score by mentioning your work hours. Many applicants have similar work hours. It will come across as whining..

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot