Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.98
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation for HBS 2+2 and Yale silver scholar [#permalink]
Great profile - but getting into both of these programs is going to be tough regardless.

Don't worry about getting the GMAT up to 780 - 760 is good enough.

Get into the best program you can at this point (MBA/MiM) and try to get good post-degree work experience. An MiM with good post degree experience will help you get into a good MBA program later. If you get a good campus job out of IIT, that might help you get into a good school later as well.

Regards,
Karthik

robertlangdon wrote:
sorry i tried to keep it short but turned up a little long :)

I had posted a query regarding MiM programme earlier . Thanks again for the reply. I am also interested in applying to the deferred mba programmes such as the HBS 2+2 and the silver scholar programme at Yale. I am posting my details again ..please tell me if it would be worthwhile for me to apply to these programmes..

im in the senior year , pursuing civil engineering at Indian Institute of Technology ,Kanpur ,India(the top ranked technical institute in india)
my cgp is 9.7/10 (iit has relative grading system , my class rank is 2 i believe, received the academic excellence award from the university)
gmat score: 760
i've been invoved in a number of extra-curricular activities..
i have a senior diploma (first class with distinction) in classical indian musical instrument tabla.
i was an elected member of the student senate(the student representative body of the university )
i was the senior finance executive of the annual technical festival of my college.
i was a student guide in my sophomore year
i have served as a volunteer at leading NGOs a number of times
i have also done an internship at a leading public sector company in india (engineering intern ).
i can speak four languages ...english, hindi ,maithili and little bit of german(did a one year certificate course in IIT)
i was the vice president of the student council(the student body) in my high school.
if its helpful i can take the gmat again amd try to cross 780.

Also I'm a little apprehensive about MiM. I've tried to look up the net but couldn't find MiM graduates who have gone on to get MBA from the top 5 B-schools though I've spoken to some of them and a lot of them seemed to be interested in doing an MBA later on. I realise tht MiM is a relatively new programme but still does holding a MiM degree adversely affect the chances of acceptance in the MBA programme at leading B schools??
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation for HBS 2+2 and Yale silver scholar [#permalink]