Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.02
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
2prex wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know my chances for Early Entry Option (EEO) at ISB.

10th - 8.6 CGPA (86%) (CBSE)
12th - 79.2 % (CBSE)
Graduation - Electronics (Instrumentation & Control), Thapar Univerisity Patiala, 6.6 CGPA (66%)
Work Ex - 6 Months internship + 12 Month Work Ex (as on 31-06-2020), both at Deloitte as a Data Analyst (Tax)
GMAT Score - 700 (Q49 V36)

NO GAP YEARS during schooling, college or job. 3 backlogs during undergraduation (cleared at first attempt after re-appearing).

Extra-Curricular -
1. More than 20 medal positions at inter-school and inter/intra university level competitions. (Athletics and Football)
2. Regional level participant at CBSE Clusters (Athletics)
3. Social work experience from 3rd standard till college. (Around 5-7 Social Work certificates)
4. Various positions held at University level (Finance Head, Marketing Head of various university-level societies)
5. Planning to start a tree plantation company (NGO/StartUp) to improve my social work experience (Please post your suggestions on this idea)

If not in EEO, do I stand a chance in the normal entry after a work experience of 4-5 years at other big firms like Amazon, JP Morgan etc?

Thankyou so much for your help in advance :)

Hey!

Your acads don't stand out, average scores throughout along with backlogs. Based on what you've shared, the achievements in sport and you GMAT score are the two silver linings in your overall profile. Here are the suggested next steps and thoughts on your query
- Provide a bit more color on you work-ex. What are you working on, instances where you demonstrated leadership, etc
- Try taking the GMAT again in case you are able to hit 720+
- You should focus on getting a rich work-ex for a couple of years with a few high-impact projects where you can a) grow as a professional and b) demonstrate the value you brought to the table. WHAT (+HOW) you do matters more than WHERE you do it. Deloitte is as good a brand as the ones you listed
- If you intend to embark on the NGO journey, do it for the cause and your interest in doing so. This positively impacting your application is only and second order outcome. Adcoms and interviewers are easily able to see through the efforts done for the sake of improving the social sector experience. A number of candidates do that!

In summary, applying through the regular route next year has better chances than EEO. However, if you want to get an experience of going through the application cycle, then do give it a shot this year. The process demands a lot of introspection which will be helpful next year.

All the best!

-
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
S4G wrote:
2prex wrote:
Hi,
I would like to know my chances for Early Entry Option (EEO) at ISB.

10th - 8.6 CGPA (86%) (CBSE)
12th - 79.2 % (CBSE)
Graduation - Electronics (Instrumentation & Control), Thapar Univerisity Patiala, 6.6 CGPA (66%)
Work Ex - 6 Months internship + 12 Month Work Ex (as on 31-06-2020), both at Deloitte as a Data Analyst (Tax)
GMAT Score - 700 (Q49 V36)

NO GAP YEARS during schooling, college or job. 3 backlogs during undergraduation (cleared at first attempt after re-appearing).

Extra-Curricular -
1. More than 20 medal positions at inter-school and inter/intra university level competitions. (Athletics and Football)
2. Regional level participant at CBSE Clusters (Athletics)
3. Social work experience from 3rd standard till college. (Around 5-7 Social Work certificates)
4. Various positions held at University level (Finance Head, Marketing Head of various university-level societies)
5. Planning to start a tree plantation company (NGO/StartUp) to improve my social work experience (Please post your suggestions on this idea)

If not in EEO, do I stand a chance in the normal entry after a work experience of 4-5 years at other big firms like Amazon, JP Morgan etc?

Thankyou so much for your help in advance :)

Hey!

Your acads don't stand out, average scores throughout along with backlogs. Based on what you've shared, the achievements in sport and you GMAT score are the two silver linings in your overall profile. Here are the suggested next steps and thoughts on your query
- Provide a bit more color on you work-ex. What are you working on, instances where you demonstrated leadership, etc
- Try taking the GMAT again in case you are able to hit 720+
- You should focus on getting a rich work-ex for a couple of years with a few high-impact projects where you can a) grow as a professional and b) demonstrate the value you brought to the table. WHAT (+HOW) you do matters more than WHERE you do it. Deloitte is as good a brand as the ones you listed
- If you intend to embark on the NGO journey, do it for the cause and your interest in doing so. This positively impacting your application is only and second order outcome. Adcoms and interviewers are easily able to see through the efforts done for the sake of improving the social sector experience. A number of candidates do that!

In summary, applying through the regular route next year has better chances than EEO. However, if you want to get an experience of going through the application cycle, then do give it a shot this year. The process demands a lot of introspection which will be helpful next year.

All the best!

-
Manan

Thanks a lot for your honest feedback :)
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Iceman2020 wrote:
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe as we live through these apocalyptic days.

I was hoping if someone could evaluate my profile and help me figure out my chances of getting into ISB Co'22.

GMAT: Yet to take the exam
Background: Indian Engineering Male (The worst possible trio :( you read it right)

Acads:
1) Class X: 93.4% (ICSE Board)
2) Class XII: 85.0% (State Board) - Awarded scholarship by State Govt for performance within top 1% of HSC Board
3) Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering with an 8/10 CGPA (not sure if ISB wants us to convert this to GPA)
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:
- Currently working with a bulge bracket Investment Bank for 32 months. I have consistently been a strong performer in my batch year and team which helped me get a fast-track promotion last year. I was also the first analyst to be deputed to Los Angeles to work with the onshore team for one month. Started as a junior analyst, I am now the senior most member in my team (after my manager) and hence entrusted with a lot of leadership responsibilities. Although not being the manager on paper I still actively contribute in managing the team members, team's work, and coordinating with all the relevant stakeholders (Not sure if this helps demonstrate Leadership skills - as I'm not the manager on paper). In addition to that I have solely trained ~11 juniors on topics such as valuation and capital structure comparison.

Apart from all of this I have been an active participant in firm wide activities including CSR and participating in competitions. I was also ranked among the top 10% (in a batch of 30) in the Analyst training program conducted by The WallStreetWiz.

I have also worked on several multi million dollar deals including acquisition financing, capital structure strategies, and treasury deals.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as Head Boy for Academic year 2010-11 based on the scholastic performance & leadership capabilities
- Represented Mumbai University for a National Level Robotics Competition at IIT Delhi
- IEEE (an International Student Body) Chairperson for my engineering college. During that time I spearheaded several inter & intra college events & symposiums. The highlight remains my team and I organizing "The International Symposium on Internet of Things" in collaboration with a US based startup
- Active coordinator of IEEE Bombay Section (which includes 100+ engineering colleges)

Extra-curricular activities:
- Marketing head of college’s Cultural and Technical Fest
- Student Ambassador of the NGO - Indian Development Foundation
- Campus Ambassador for The Grapevine Co. (which included working with clients like MTV and ITC)

Courses:
- Portfolio and Risk Management by Indian School of Business on Coursera

Others:
- I had co-founded a start-up (earlier this year) with my friend but we had to shut shop because our business model was severely impacted by COVID-19. However we still had some initial success and were able to get a couple of clients on board. (Not sure if i can put this failed attempt on my resume) - Kindly advice.

Hobbies:
- Modelling (a few print media advertisements), Acting, & Football

Thank you so much for reading through such a long post. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on my chances at ISB Co'22, my target score, and any other advice.

P.S: Do you think getting into ISB this year will be tougher than ever before with the surge in applicants (thinking this is a good year to get an MBA) and ~1/4 of the 2021 batch deferring.

Hello Iceman (inspired from X-Men or Top Gun? Looking at your age, I'll bet on the former :) )
Majority of the ISB cohort falls in the IEM category but what matters more is your experience after that!
- You have decent acads and CFA L1 adds a dimension to them. In case not already thinking, you should consider taking the L2 exam in December now that the dates have been extended
- The work-ex is strong (and a departure from IEM!) within core finance and will stand out. You have a couple of nice achievements and should be used to demonstrate what you bring to the table in the application
- For the start-up, yes it should be incorporated and I'm sure there would be a great deal of lessons learnt you can talk about in the interview
- The co-curricular, ECA and hobbies complete the whole package and demonstrate the diversity you have and are pursuing

The challenge for you would be how you bring everything together in a coherent and impactful structure, especially in the 'why you' essay.

Regarding GMAT, you should aim for a 710+ which would complement the overall package.

This year, getting into ISB would be tougher as you rightly pointed out not just due to the deferring but also since this is the best time to go for an MBA while the economy is in hiatus and bounces back by 2022/23. Hence, it would be all the more prudent to apply in R1 since you will have a shot at all the seats and there might not be a R3 like previous years.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for a chat!

Cheers,
Manan
Current Student
Send PM
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe as we live through these apocalyptic days.

I was hoping if someone could evaluate my profile and help me figure out my chances of getting into ISB Co'22.

Background: Indian Engineering Male (The worst possible trio :( you read it right)

Acads:
2) Class XII: 85.0% (State Board) - Awarded scholarship by State Govt for performance within top 1% of HSC Board
3) Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering with an 8/10 CGPA (not sure if ISB wants us to convert this to GPA)
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:
- Currently working with a bulge bracket Investment Bank for 32 months. I have consistently been a strong performer in my batch year and team which helped me get a fast-track promotion last year. I was also the first analyst to be deputed to Los Angeles to work with the onshore team for one month. Started as a junior analyst, I am now the senior most member in my team (after my manager) and hence entrusted with a lot of leadership responsibilities. Although not being the manager on paper I still actively contribute in managing the team members, team's work, and coordinating with all the relevant stakeholders (Not sure if this helps demonstrate Leadership skills - as I'm not the manager on paper). In addition to that I have solely trained ~11 juniors on topics such as valuation and capital structure comparison.

Apart from all of this I have been an active participant in firm wide activities including CSR and participating in competitions. I was also ranked among the top 10% (in a batch of 30) in the Analyst training program conducted by The WallStreetWiz.

I have also worked on several multi million dollar deals including acquisition financing, capital structure strategies, and treasury deals.

- Elected as Head Boy for Academic year 2010-11 based on the scholastic performance & leadership capabilities
- Represented Mumbai University for a National Level Robotics Competition at IIT Delhi
- IEEE (an International Student Body) Chairperson for my engineering college. During that time I spearheaded several inter & intra college events & symposiums. The highlight remains my team and I organizing "The International Symposium on Internet of Things" in collaboration with a US based startup
- Active coordinator of IEEE Bombay Section (which includes 100+ engineering colleges)

- Campus Ambassador for The Grapevine Co. (which included working with clients like MTV and ITC)

Courses:

Others:
- I had co-founded a start-up (earlier this year) with my friend but we had to shut shop because our business model was severely impacted by COVID-19. However we still had some initial success and were able to get a couple of clients on board. (Not sure if i can put this failed attempt on my resume) - Kindly advice.

Hobbies:

Thank you so much for reading through such a long post. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on my chances at ISB Co'22, my target score, and any other advice.

P.S: Do you think getting into ISB this year will be tougher than ever before with the surge in applicants (thinking this is a good year to get an MBA) and ~1/4 of the 2021 batch deferring.

Hello Iceman (inspired from X-Men or Top Gun? Looking at your age, I'll bet on the former :) )
Majority of the ISB cohort falls in the IEM category but what matters more is your experience after that!
- You have decent acads and CFA L1 adds a dimension to them. In case not already thinking, you should consider taking the L2 exam in December now that the dates have been extended
- The work-ex is strong (and a departure from IEM!) within core finance and will stand out. You have a couple of nice achievements and should be used to demonstrate what you bring to the table in the application
- For the start-up, yes it should be incorporated and I'm sure there would be a great deal of lessons learnt you can talk about in the interview
- The co-curricular, ECA and hobbies complete the whole package and demonstrate the diversity you have and are pursuing

The challenge for you would be how you bring everything together in a coherent and impactful structure, especially in the 'why you' essay.

Regarding GMAT, you should aim for a 710+ which would complement the overall package.

This year, getting into ISB would be tougher as you rightly pointed out not just due to the deferring but also since this is the best time to go for an MBA while the economy is in hiatus and bounces back by 2022/23. Hence, it would be all the more prudent to apply in R1 since you will have a shot at all the seats and there might not be a R3 like previous years.

Cheers,
Manan

Hi Manan,

I agree with your approach to conclude that X-men was the inspiration for my user name, but incidentally i'm a sucker for old Hollywood movies and so Val Kilmer's character is the actual reason :P

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll keep in mind all the points that you have said.

But will also need some guidance from an expert like you and would like to know the best way to get in touch.

One follow-up question on your point of R1. Do you anticipate ISB to push deadlines for R1 this year? Given that there was so much uncertainty because of COVID-19 and the online GMAT exam.

Best,
Garvit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Hi

I was hoping if anyone could review my profile for my chances for ISB Co'21

Female, 28
10th: 92.2% (CBSE). Was school topper.
12th: 82.8% (CBSE)

Mechanical Engineering from MIT, Pune: 62.8%

MBA from Department of Management Sciences, Pune University: 8.6 CGPA

Post MBA experience: 2.5 years in a market research firm. That's my total work experience.
Currently not working. Last designation: Research Analyst
Not working since October 2019. Since then have taken up a few courses and certifications such as MySQL and Digital Marketing

Other certifications: Data Driven decision making from PwC, Google Analytics for Beginners

Planning for another MBA. Yet to take GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Jones (A)
GRE 1: Q160 V153
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
I am looking for ISB class of 2022.

My Educational profile
X : 74%
XII: 80%
Btech (Chemical engineering) : 60% (Hyd)(2004)
MS (Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M Univ Kingsville) : 3.15 (GPA) (2008)
Overall work exp : 13+ (with 3 companies)
Extracurricular: First member, then Vice President and later as a mentor for Young engineers society at a work place.
Started Indian Student Association
Student Council member
Various volunteering activities

First shot at GMAT 490 (half-A** preparation) Mock tests (590-640 range)

What should I target my GMAT score for me to get into ISB. I am looking at ISB as a medium to get back to India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi

Kindly review my profile

UG degree in fashion design - 8/10 CGPA
PG degree in Fashion management studies (from NIFT) - 8/10 CGPA
4 years of work experience in fashion retail planning

Received academic excellence award in UG and Student of the year award in PG

What should be the GMAT score that I should aim for to secure a seat in ISB?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
shalakhapunekar wrote:
Hi

I was hoping if anyone could review my profile for my chances for ISB Co'21

Female, 28
10th: 92.2% (CBSE). Was school topper.
12th: 82.8% (CBSE)

Mechanical Engineering from MIT, Pune: 62.8%

MBA from Department of Management Sciences, Pune University: 8.6 CGPA

Post MBA experience: 2.5 years in a market research firm. That's my total work experience.
Currently not working. Last designation: Research Analyst
Not working since October 2019. Since then have taken up a few courses and certifications such as MySQL and Digital Marketing

Other certifications: Data Driven decision making from PwC, Google Analytics for Beginners

Planning for another MBA. Yet to take GMAT.

Hi,

Your work experience is a little lesser as compared to your age. I guess that's because of the first MBA, or are their other gaps in your work history?
By the time you apply to ISB (assuming you apply in R1), it would be almost a year of not being employed if you don't get yourself a job - and bschools are never too happy about that. I am going to suggest that you get into a job first. While professional certifications are good, but they can also be done while working, so they will not provide you a reason to not be employed.
Second, b-schools will want to know valid reasons for why you want a second MBA.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yogisharma wrote:
Hi

Kindly review my profile

UG degree in fashion design - 8/10 CGPA
PG degree in Fashion management studies (from NIFT) - 8/10 CGPA
4 years of work experience in fashion retail planning

Received academic excellence award in UG and Student of the year award in PG

What should be the GMAT score that I should aim for to secure a seat in ISB?

Hi,

Its always beneficial to have a 700+ GMAT score. That said, the GMAT score is one evaluation component- your work experience and related achievements, leadership potential, extra-curricular interests and overall academics being equally important.
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
insrutable82 wrote:
I am looking for ISB class of 2022.

My Educational profile
X : 74%
XII: 80%
Btech (Chemical engineering) : 60% (Hyd)(2004)
MS (Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M Univ Kingsville) : 3.15 (GPA) (2008)
Overall work exp : 13+ (with 3 companies)
Extracurricular: First member, then Vice President and later as a mentor for Young engineers society at a work place.
Started Indian Student Association
Student Council member
Various volunteering activities

First shot at GMAT 490 (half-A** preparation) Mock tests (590-640 range)

What should I target my GMAT score for me to get into ISB. I am looking at ISB as a medium to get back to India.

Hello!
Typically with higher experience, the adcom is aware that you've not been in the rythm of acads or studying. Hence, GMAT becomes a lesser area of focus than your work-ex and more importantly, why you want an MBA at this stage of your career. You should target a 650+ but a better score won't hurt you :)

Your focus in the application should be to demonstrate what you bring to the class and also reasons beyond working in India to get into the program. Ask yourself, is this the only reason you want to join ISB and there's not other way to get into the Indian market?

Cheers
Manan

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Iceman2020 wrote:
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:

Acads:
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:

Courses:

Others:

Hobbies:

Cheers,
Manan

Hi Manan,

I agree with your approach to conclude that X-men was the inspiration for my user name, but incidentally i'm a sucker for old Hollywood movies and so Val Kilmer's character is the actual reason :P

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll keep in mind all the points that you have said.

But will also need some guidance from an expert like you and would like to know the best way to get in touch.

One follow-up question on your point of R1. Do you anticipate ISB to push deadlines for R1 this year? Given that there was so much uncertainty because of COVID-19 and the online GMAT exam.

Best,
Garvit

Well, that makes the two of us :)

ISB usually announces the deadlines and essays by end May / early June with R1 at 15th Sept. I'm expecting a slight right-shifting of the dates due to the covid situation. The class of 2021 is now scheduled to graduate by end- May 2021 so expecting them to announce by July this year with and R1 deadline for October.

Feel free to call/message on the number below

All the best!

Manan
+91-8008553552

Originally posted by MananS4G on 27 May 2020, 12:38.
Last edited by MananS4G on 27 May 2020, 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Iceman2020 wrote:
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:

Acads:
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:

Courses:

Others:

Hobbies:

Cheers,
Manan

Hi Manan,

Best,
Garvit

ISB usually announces the deadlines and essays by end May / early June with R1 at 15th Sept. I'm expecting a slight right-shifting of the dates due to the covid situation. The class of 2021 is now scheduled to graduate by end- May 2021 so expecting them to announce by July this year with and R1 deadline for October.

Feel free to call /message me on the number below.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
+91-8008553552

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

I am working with Infosys Limited for the past 3.5 years.
I appeared for GMAT last year and scored 740(V39,Q50).

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 7.84/10 CGPA from a tier 2 university and was a member of organizing committees for multiple events including a national level sports fest.
For a couple of years, I was also a volunteer for a local NGO in my university region that looked after the needs of orphan children.

During the 3+ years of work experience, I have only worked on implementation projects and in 3 different roles - back end developer, integration developer and front end developer. I have worked with clients from Manufacturing, Consulting and Utilities sectors.
I was selected to be a part of the coveted Self Governance Team(SGT) during the training period at Infosys (10 selected out of 450). The SGT was basically a bridge between the management and the trainees.
I have also received a couple of Insta-awards for my work efforts till date.

My post MBA goal is to get into consulting, specifically strategy and tech consulting.
I recently completed a virtual strategy internship by BCG to gain some insight into the industry. I am also looking to complete a tech consulting internship to get acquainted in that front as well.

I have started learning Spanish a couple of months back and hopefully would have a good grasp on the language by the time sessions start next year.

Please help to evaluate my chances for the upcoming admissions season.

TIA
Current Student
Send PM
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:

Acads:
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:

Courses:

Others:

Hobbies:

Cheers,
Manan

Hi Manan,

Best,
Garvit

Feel free to call /message me on the number below.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
+91-8008553552

Thanks so much Manan!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,
Could you please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Bachelor of Engineering: Electronics Instrumentation and Control
GPA -8.23/10
Working in Deloitte- 10 months experience in a US based public sector project
GRE- 318 (planning to give GMAT)
Did research internship at CSIR; worked on central government project
International Journal - paper published

ExtraCurriculars
Second position in district competitions in football and athletics
Captain of College Badminton Team and participated in North India Tournament
Selected as the Overall Captain of Electrical Department of college in sports
Overall Games Coordinator
Overall Event Coordinator and Founder of a college society of sports
Member of Student Consulting Committee

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)
Digital Marketing (Google)
Financial Marketing (LinkedIn)

Volunteer at a NGO-Rotary Foundation

Could you please recommend about the GRE/GMAT score and exam i should target. What are the areas in my profile to focus and improve on. What are my chances with this profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
image wrote:
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile; interested in ISB and INSEAD

Male/28 yrs
GMAT 1st attempt - 700

B.Tech (IIT Roorkee) - CGPA - 7.75
X - 90.6%
XII - 91.2%

Work exp. - 7.5 yrs (NTPC Ltd.)
Designation - Deputy Manager
Role - Operations - Coal, Gas and Solar power plants.

Extras -
involved in two startups - one sports related and second in renewable energy.
(though I don't hold any posts in them due to legal issues - PSU employees are not allowed )

decent extra-curricular experience both in college as well as in NTPC.

Hi,
Having a PSU background and a GMAT score of 700 give you an edge for getting an interview call from ISB. You can also apply for the top IIMs. These colleges prefer diversity in the MBA cohort and that increases your chance. You can try the free profile evaluation tool to get a better picture - https://form.jotform.com/201452400984046

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at https://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!
MBA Expert
Send PM
Expert Reply
Amoghzz wrote:
Hi,

I am working with Infosys Limited for the past 3.5 years.
I appeared for GMAT last year and scored 740(V39,Q50).

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 7.84/10 CGPA from a tier 2 university and was a member of organizing committees for multiple events including a national level sports fest.
For a couple of years, I was also a volunteer for a local NGO in my university region that looked after the needs of orphan children.

During the 3+ years of work experience, I have only worked on implementation projects and in 3 different roles - back end developer, integration developer and front end developer. I have worked with clients from Manufacturing, Consulting and Utilities sectors.
I was selected to be a part of the coveted Self Governance Team(SGT) during the training period at Infosys (10 selected out of 450). The SGT was basically a bridge between the management and the trainees.
I have also received a couple of Insta-awards for my work efforts till date.

My post MBA goal is to get into consulting, specifically strategy and tech consulting.
I recently completed a virtual strategy internship by BCG to gain some insight into the industry. I am also looking to complete a tech consulting internship to get acquainted in that front as well.

I have started learning Spanish a couple of months back and hopefully would have a good grasp on the language by the time sessions start next year.

Please help to evaluate my chances for the upcoming admissions season.

TIA

Hello!

Overall acads seem good (assuming you were in the top 10%ile with that score) and GMAT ticks the box. Your efforts to get a tech consulting internship demonstrates your intent and preparation towards moving beyond the developer roles (which in a silo wouldn't enhance your chances) and it will bode well in your application as well as the interview. Your cross-industry project experience should also help.

Regarding extra-curricular and interests, Spanish is fine but are you continuing with the NGO and SGT-like efforts? It's important to demonstrate continuity in such cases.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  168   169   170   171   172  ...  307