Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Please Evaluate My Profile:

M - 25
On Paper Work Experience - 3 Years +
Freelance work experience - 8 years+

I started work as a freelance digital marketer 8-9 years back while I was still in college. It turned into my side business (Not registered)(Also managed remote team) which generated good revenue until I sold it off last year. At the same time, I worked in the movie marketing department of a big production house, after which I joined a tv show as post creative and now I am working in a Entertainment marketing agency in the digital department, essentially setting goals, planning campaigns and helping brands understand how the campaign will affect them.

From an ex alum, My profile is fine but the biggest problem is that because I was working during my graduation, I only got a D as grade (Graduated in Mass Media from a not so popular college).

Thus I am trying to score above 700+ in Gmat while applying.

Please evaluate.

Edit: This is for PGP.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
jeetsethi09 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Will be greatful for a profile evaluation.
Indian male, 24
Gmat -740

Preferred bschools - kellogg, , Columbia, emory, isb (india), rice (jones), darden

Undergrad 6.5/7 CGPA from a top 10 college in India as a bachelor's degree in Commerce, graduated in 2017. University of mumbai ( HR COLLEGE OF COMMERCE)

Other certifications- US CFA ( above 90 percentile at all levels) , US CMA , US CPA , US CAIA ( Part 1 completed).

Few other investment and derivative certifications and courses along with the FMVA financial modelling course.

Worked full time during all three years of my college,
2 years as an investment analyst in a mid size firm (full time though might be considered as an internship)
1 year of articleship as an accountant in a mid tier accountancy firm ( since i did two levels of Chartered accountancy as well)

Post graduation,
Working in one of the top accountancy firms in my state , joined as an accountant but with pretty good performance, was promoted as the team leader within a year , managing a team of 8.
Well after working there for about 2 years, i had developed indepth knowledge of the biggest industry in that state ( mining and minerals) as they were our major clients and successfully started a new wing within my firm providing consulting and advisory service to MSME ( Micro small and medium enterprise).
Was a great success, bought in a chunk of clients bringing other business with them as well. Was promoted as the manager of the firm handling the entire msme consulting division along with the 20 employees that comes with it.

With respect to the social impact, i am very happy and proud of the projects that i have successfully completed.
During my college days, was the head of the National service scheme, ( pretty big collaboration between colleges), though head of my own college.
Helped the workers and the domestic help to get themselves organised and worked with them forming a union registered with their local police stations bringing a regulation and oversight towards any wrongful treatment and exploitation against them.

For the past 4 years, I am a registered member of the heartfulness organization, an education and spirituality organization, teaching the younger generation about the importance and understanding of spirituality. Have organized seminars all across the country with an median attendance of about 2000-3000 people in every one of them.
Have been part of various initiatives such as the green kanha, wherein we strive and work towards environmental protection and preservation, planting thousands of trees and having a means for water conservation for the use of agricultural.

On a side note- i created 2 firms in the mining and mineral line, using my skills and knowledge to grab a solid opportunity, (wanted to strategically use funds, selling one business at a good profit and utilizing that to run my other firm and making it a export oriented unit, this sale freed up my investment and helped my family come out of a tough financial condition). The important part of this venture was to make it a self sustaining source of incomenfor my family and form a partnership with the right kind of people having excellent business management skills and good hold at a local level. Hopefully everything till now went as planned.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi jeetsethi09

Thanks for posting. Overall, you have a strong profile, well on track to target the schools you mention.
- With a CFA, CPA, and CMA, and a GMAT score of 740, you are well set to target the schools you mention. However, we are a bit intrigued with the selection, Kellogg and Columbia are quite far apart from Rice Jones and Emory (in terms of ranking). Is the selection based on the school's focus on energy/mining (Jones) or is it based on rank? Need more on this.
- The college work will not be seen as work experience by most schools. It will be seen only as experience. Also, which firm are you working with? If it, say, a big 4 audit/tax/advisory one, that helps. If not, will need to be seen to assess on the experience point.
- ECA is decent. Should be fine at most schools you apply to.
- What are your post-MBA plans aligned to? Consulting will certainly be a possibility. Finance is possible too. What skill/career benefit do you envision the MBA giving you?

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to contact directly (pl. refer to this thread if you do).
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
beingink wrote:

M - 25

I started work as a freelance digital marketer 8-9 years back while I was still in college. It turned into my side business (Not registered)(Also managed remote team) which generated good revenue until I sold it off last year. At the same time, I worked in the movie marketing department of a big production house, after which I joined a tv show as post creative and now I am working in a Entertainment marketing agency in the digital department, essentially setting goals, planning campaigns and helping brands understand how the campaign will affect them.

From an ex alum, My profile is fine but the biggest problem is that because I was working during my graduation, I only got a D as grade (Graduated in Mass Media from a not so popular college).

Please evaluate.

Hi beingink

Overall, looks quite interesting. Please provide more details on overall marks/CGPA in college. Your work in media and entertainment certainly gives you diversity, and with 700, we would say it is your application to get right or wrong from thereon. Please note that ISB will only consider your post-college experience, though the learning you had from your work earlier can of course be used by you.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
gmat1102 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile -

Indian, male, 25 years.

10th - 90.92%
12th - 88.5% -- top 1% of State (among the top 0.01% performers in engineering entrance)
Graduation (Engineering) - 8.4 CGPA (i.e 84%)-- University of Mumbai -- top 10% of the batch.

Work Exp - 03 years (as of June 2020) in Financial Consulting - no promotions but substantial increase in the scope of work + experience in catering to C-Suite requirements. Have been handling and managing the projects as an individual contributor.
7-month work experience in the Middle East + Supported foreign institutions from India.
Individual projects -
Helped an NGO to set up its operations and initial funding requirements.
Currently helping a few MSMEs in reorganizing, rebranding, product placement, and product pricing.

Yet to take GMAT. Averaging at 670 in Kaplan mock tests.

Looks great gmat1102. Focus on the GMAT for now, and try and get 700+. The rest is absolutely on track.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
rajeshforyouu wrote:
1.5 yr as a Operation Engineer in a MNC Company (BLG Logistics).

6 Month experience (till now) as Marketing Executive in a Sales Company.

10th: 82.33
12th: 65.66
B.tech: 8.67 (79%)

I also have Internships with HAL, NTPC.

What GMAT Score should I target. Should I do any short term certification courses just to boost the profile. Any suggestions for the profile is appreciated.

Hi rajeshforyou
- Please provide more details on your work experience (company, kinds of customers, specific initiatives, achievements).
- Target a 700+, and if possible, a 720+. Competition will be quite high in the pool you will be applying in (2+ years of experience).
- Please also share details on your ECA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile for ISB. Will be applying this year.

Here is my profile:-

GMAT: 700 (V:36, Q:49, IR:6, AWA:5)

Work Experience

Senior Engineer (Samsung Research and Development, Bangalore) [July 2018 - Current]
- Working in the Access Network Team in the field of 5G
- Daily Interaction with Korean Clients w.r.t. design and development of Software blocks
- Owner of the OAM Block
- Promoted to Senior Engineer within 1yr 9 months
- Campus Recruitment, Youngest person in the team to visit campuses for recruitment.
- Quarterly Award (Samsung Citizen Award) for Excellence in Business

Intern (Samsung Research and Development, Bangalore) [May 2017 - July 2017]
- worked on Smart Routers for the Android Platform team.

Intern (International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore) [May 2016 - June 2016]
- worked in the field of computational geometry

Undergraduation

Bachelor's in Technology (Computer Science and Engineering) - National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal [2014-2018]

GPA - 8.23/10

Leadership Experience
Chairperson (organizational head) of the oldest technical club in University Campus
- Handled Recruitment, Events and university relations
- Corporate collaboration with Samsung to organise an event that went on to become the biggest hit in the Tech Festival. 6 candidates were offered jobs.
- Social Initiative with NITK School
- part of the club for 3 years (junior executive, executive, Chairperson)

Volunteer Experience
- Organising Member of Samsung's CSR
- Led the biggest CSR event in Samsung - Notebook Donation Drive (distributed 600000 notebooks to over 100000 underprivileged kids in and around Bangalore)
- organised Blood Donation Campaign in the company

Other Achievements
- Samsung Citizen Award 2020 for Business Excellence
- Published a Paper in BVICAM IEEE in 2018
- 99.98 percentile in JEE (Engineering entrance exam in India)
- NITK University Scholarship that funded half my university fees
- KVPY Scholar (one of the prestigious scholarships for students in Basic Science)

Extracurricular Activities
- Fragrance Blogger (eternal love for perfumes and fragrance)
- Have a channel on Instagram in which I write about Fragrance and perfumers in general :)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
beingink wrote:

M - 25

Please evaluate.

Hi beingink

Overall, looks quite interesting. Please provide more details on overall marks/CGPA in college. Your work in media and entertainment certainly gives you diversity, and with 700, we would say it is your application to get right or wrong from thereon. Please note that ISB will only consider your post-college experience, though the learning you had from your work earlier can of course be used by you.

Hi GyanOne

Marks were in 50% range, and right after college I joined the media company and after which I had a 2 year gap to work on my side business, then post creative job and now in current job with an entertainment marketing agency. My side business was active all this while, I hope that comes as a good point rather than bad?

How would you suggest framing this to showcase my entrepreneurial spirit within the entertainment industry? And your overall thoughts on my profile, with this new information please.

Thank you for taking the time to do this! Helps a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
sah91 wrote:
Hello everyone,

5 yrs of work ex as a software engineer with MNCs and Product based companies.
Xth-88%
XIIth-70%
B.tech-64%
Short term onsite experience in Ireland.
2 yrs of gap in education.

How is the profile and what Gmat score should i target?

Hi sah91

Please provide more information on the duration of your onsite experience, the period of gap (years), and more context into your work (what kind of software products you work on, and employer names).

Hi,
Onsite Ex: 1 month in Ireland and 1 month in Poland.
Gap: 2 year after 12th. I dropped 1 year to prepare for competitive exam. 2nd year gap because i had to change my college due to some reasons. Post this there is no gap in college or in Work Ex.
Work Ex: I have worked in TCS for 4 years as a System Engineer where i handled US, UK and Ireland based clients. Handled many products used in R&D sector of pharma domain. Received 8 awards in total from clients and management. Led a team of 4 people for almost a year.
Currently i am working with a product based company Cornerstone OnDemand as a Sr Software QA Engineer, for almost a year now along with a Poland based team. Here i am handling recruitment and learning based products for corporate.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
beingink wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
beingink wrote:

M - 25

Please evaluate.

Hi beingink

Hi GyanOne

Marks were in 50% range, and right after college I joined the media company and after which I had a 2 year gap to work on my side business, then post creative job and now in current job with an entertainment marketing agency. My side business was active all this while, I hope that comes as a good point rather than bad?

How would you suggest framing this to showcase my entrepreneurial spirit within the entertainment industry? And your overall thoughts on my profile, with this new information please.

Thank you for taking the time to do this! Helps a lot.

Hi beingink
- 50% is on the lower side, but yes, we have seen several people make it despite those. It will be important for you to score 700+ to show strong analytical skills.
- The 2 year 'gap' isn't really a gap if you were working on your side business. It will be considered employment as an entrepreneur. Certainly a positive.
- Overall, you can make it. Take it step by step. Get a strong GMAT, put in a strong app, and try and apply early in R1.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sah91 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
sah91 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Xth-88%
XIIth-70%
B.tech-64%

Hi sah91

Please provide more information on the duration of your onsite experience, the period of gap (years), and more context into your work (what kind of software products you work on, and employer names).

Hi,
Gap: 2 year after 12th. I dropped 1 year to prepare for competitive exam. 2nd year gap because i had to change my college due to some reasons. Post this there is no gap in college or in Work Ex.
Work Ex: I have worked in TCS for 4 years as a System Engineer where i handled US, UK and Ireland based clients. Handled many products used in R&D sector of pharma domain. Received 8 awards in total from clients and management. Led a team of 4 people for almost a year.
Currently i am working with a product based company Cornerstone OnDemand as a Sr Software QA Engineer, for almost a year now along with a Poland based team. Here i am handling recruitment and learning based products for corporate.

Hi sah91

- The onsite experience helps. TCS is a good employer, but you will still be considered to be a part of the highly competitive IIM (Indian IT Male) category.
- QA work can often be seen as very technical too. Good to see your international exposure though.
- Given that your college marks are average (64%), aim for a high GMAT (720+).
- Also go through this series of articles

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sam9312 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for ISB. Will be applying this year.

Here is my profile:-

GMAT: 700 (V:36, Q:49, IR:6, AWA:5)

Work Experience

Senior Engineer (Samsung Research and Development, Bangalore) [July 2018 - Current]
- Working in the Access Network Team in the field of 5G
- Daily Interaction with Korean Clients w.r.t. design and development of Software blocks
- Owner of the OAM Block
- Promoted to Senior Engineer within 1yr 9 months
- Campus Recruitment, Youngest person in the team to visit campuses for recruitment.
- Quarterly Award (Samsung Citizen Award) for Excellence in Business

Intern (Samsung Research and Development, Bangalore) [May 2017 - July 2017]
- worked on Smart Routers for the Android Platform team.

Intern (International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore) [May 2016 - June 2016]
- worked in the field of computational geometry

Undergraduation

Bachelor's in Technology (Computer Science and Engineering) - National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal [2014-2018]

GPA - 8.23/10

Leadership Experience
Chairperson (organizational head) of the oldest technical club in University Campus
- Handled Recruitment, Events and university relations
- Corporate collaboration with Samsung to organise an event that went on to become the biggest hit in the Tech Festival. 6 candidates were offered jobs.
- Social Initiative with NITK School
- part of the club for 3 years (junior executive, executive, Chairperson)

Volunteer Experience
- Organising Member of Samsung's CSR
- Led the biggest CSR event in Samsung - Notebook Donation Drive (distributed 600000 notebooks to over 100000 underprivileged kids in and around Bangalore)
- organised Blood Donation Campaign in the company

Other Achievements
- Samsung Citizen Award 2020 for Business Excellence
- Published a Paper in BVICAM IEEE in 2018
- 99.98 percentile in JEE (Engineering entrance exam in India)
- KVPY Scholar (one of the prestigious scholarships for students in Basic Science)

Extracurricular Activities
- Fragrance Blogger (eternal love for perfumes and fragrance)
- Have a channel on Instagram in which I write about Fragrance and perfumers in general :)

HI sam9312

Great to see another profile from Samsung Research Institute. Have worked with several successful applicants from there.
- Overall, your GPA/ECA/leadership are pretty strong. No worries there. Fragrance blogging seems very interesting!
- Access Network and 5G are very technical areas to be in, though. Your key challenge (as is there for most people from your organization) will be to show relevance to ISB beyond your highly technology and engineering related work.
- The fact that you have a GMAT score already is a big plus. Use that to apply early, build a solid app, and differentiate yourself. Competition this year is high(er).

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to contact us directly on email (please refer to this thread if you do that).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
gmat1102 wrote:

Indian, male, 25 years.

10th - 90.92%
12th - 88.5% -- top 1% of State (among the top 0.01% performers in engineering entrance)
Graduation (Engineering) - 8.4 CGPA (i.e 84%)-- University of Mumbai -- top 10% of the batch.

Work Exp - 03 years (as of June 2020) in Financial Consulting - no promotions but substantial increase in the scope of work + experience in catering to C-Suite requirements. Have been handling and managing the projects as an individual contributor.
7-month work experience in the Middle East + Supported foreign institutions from India.
Individual projects -
Currently helping a few MSMEs in reorganizing, rebranding, product placement, and product pricing.

Looks great gmat1102. Focus on the GMAT for now, and try and get 700+. The rest is absolutely on track.

Will no promotions harm?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
sam9312 wrote:

Hi sam9312, many things working in your favor: KVPY scholarship, NITK, Samsung, and extra curricular.

Not so great: Below average work experience and average GMAT.

Overall, a very competitive profile. You've not mentioned your post MBA goals, but they need to be thought thru, to articulate a compelling statement of purpose!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
sah91 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
sah91 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Xth-88%
XIIth-70%
B.tech-64%

Hi sah91

Hi,

Hi sah91

- The onsite experience helps. TCS is a good employer, but you will still be considered to be a part of the highly competitive IIM (Indian IT Male) category.
- QA work can often be seen as very technical too. Good to see your international exposure though.
- Given that your college marks are average (64%), aim for a high GMAT (720+).
- Also go through this series of articles

Thanks for the insights :)
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
gmat1102 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
gmat1102 wrote:

Indian, male, 25 years.

10th - 90.92%

Individual projects -

Will no promotions harm?

For ISB, no.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I would appreciate a profile evaluation!

Work experience: < 1 year
GMAT score: 710 (Q49, V38)
CGPA: 7.152
XII: 92.4%
X: 6.8 (Does this matter?)
Bachelor's degree: B.Com.
Alma mater: Motilal Nehru College, University of Delhi
International experience: None as such. However, I work as a part of the dutch practice at KPMG in india.

I want to apply for the PGP through the early entry option.

I applied for the YLP in my second year but I did not know much about the process then and was rejected.

During college, I was the secretary of the commerce society of my college and led a team of nearly 100 members to successful execution of several planned events. As the head of the marketing and sponsorship team we were able to raise large sums to sponsor our events.

During college I worked at a pharmaceutical business consulting company as a marketing intern for a month. Post-grad, I have been working at KPMG as an audit analyst.

I was accepted into HEC Paris' MSc Strategic Management program (Currently rank 1 as per QS's MiM rankings) however with the current global situation I might choose not to go.

I am learning French and hope that it would add to my application as well.

During my college years I gained some management experience and realised that J have an aptitude for strategic planning (specifically marketing strategy), so I have an inkling about what I want to pursue and explore.

Kindly let me know if any more information is required for a comprehensive evaluation.

Thank you!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB'22 LBS '23
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 750 [Quant:51 , Verbal:40]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in ECE from JIIT,Noida in 2015 with 65%.
H.S.C: secured 80.2% from Science stream from CBSE Board in 2010.
S.S.C: secured 88.40% from CBSE Board in 2008.

Work Experience:
Working for 4.1 yrs (currently) primarily in Healthcare consulting/analytics firms.

Extra Curricular:
Won two major Astronomy quizzes in school and got to visit two different National Astrophysics Labs in India namely in Kodaikanal and Nanital. Also delivered presentations and talked to a lot of different scientists . To-date ,still I have a good passion for astronomy.
Took part in lot of badminton and tennis tournaments at college level.
Volunteered for an Anti-Drugs and Anti-Ragging Campaign in college run by the group “Leaders for Tomorrow” across Delhi/NCR.
Participated and completed Airtel Delhi 5k marathon (2019)
Currently an active member of my current company's internal club and we regularly host/organize different events for our employees with a headcount of 1200+ folks.

Long term Goals:
Being in consulting for long time , I hope to remain in this field particularly a mix of analytics + consulting with aim being working for big players like MBB.

Please evaluate my profile as I hope to apply for R1 this year.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  172   173   174   175   176  ...  307