Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Physics wrote:
Hi Linda,

Thank you for reviewing my information. I really appreciate it. I read the Admissions A-Z guide you recommended and found it rather helpful.

You bring up some valid concerns, and I think you are correct in identifying them as weaknesses. I have specific leadership activities through my work experience that I think will slightly enhance my application, but not much distinct leadership outside of the office. I am a member of a few not for profits, but have not been able to take on any leadership roles there.

I have ~6 months till application time - what do you suggest I try to focus on? (I think gaining any international exposure is unlikely due to work/time restraints)

In addition, I am a bit concerned that my GPA is on the low-end for my target schools. Do you think this is a legitimate source of concern? My GMAT score was a little lower than expected as I was in the 750-760 range during practice tests. Do you think retaking the GMAT would be a good use of my time to demonstrate my academic ability?

I forgot to mention this when I originally posted, but I am an Indian male for the US (I am not sure that is much of a factor?)

I appreciate any insight you may be able to provide. Thank you for your help.

Was there an upward trend to your grades? A bad semester or two? Your grades aren't low, they are just lower than average for the schools you are applying to. Your GMAT is slightly above average.

Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]