Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:26 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation & School selection [#permalink]
Hey AJ,

That's definitely a double edged sword - R2 for an international Indian applicant is definitely ill-advised but a 30 or 40 point bump on the GMAT could help. As it stands, all of the US schools in your revised school lists are significant stretches and you're not setting yourself up for a successful run there. So if that's the case, you don't lose much waiting until R2, does that make sense? An almost automatic ding in R1 versus a GMAT score that MIGHT put you in contention in R2, regardless of the harder chances. There's no right answer here but if you're confident you can move your score up north of 700 (and by the way, GOOD JOB on the 500 to 670 journey - we didn't say it before but dude, that's impressive!) then yes, probably wait.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CriticalSquare wrote:
Hey AJ,

That's definitely a double edged sword - R2 for an international Indian applicant is definitely ill-advised but a 30 or 40 point bump on the GMAT could help. As it stands, all of the US schools in your revised school lists are significant stretches and you're not setting yourself up for a successful run there. So if that's the case, you don't lose much waiting until R2, does that make sense? An almost automatic ding in R1 versus a GMAT score that MIGHT put you in contention in R2, regardless of the harder chances. There's no right answer here but if you're confident you can move your score up north of 700 (and by the way, GOOD JOB on the 500 to 670 journey - we didn't say it before but dude, that's impressive!) then yes, probably wait.

Hi, Thanks for you kind words about my improvement :) Yes, its been very difficult journey for me.

My top preference is the Indian schools so i am taking the GMAT again a the GMAT avg in these schools are higher. Moreover am not comfortable with the idea of applying to a B school with a 64 Percentile quant score. I want to improve this..

Regards,
Aj
Send PM
Sounds good - best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot