Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Education)
Send PM
Re: Q50, V25....Please help and provide guidance [#permalink]
ankit7agarwal wrote:
Have you tried it?

Egmat Verbal online ($199), right?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes, I am using it. Works for me. The course is all the material you will ever need to prepare for the verbal section. The only commitment needed is meticulous efforts. And as I can see you have already mastered your quant, so once you are good at verbal you can easily cross the 700 bar.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Given Kudos: 143
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 4
WE:Project Management (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Mocks - Yes (Though not that great, third party - 800 scores)

Additional questions yes - their verbal scholaranium is just fantastic.

And if my suggestions are useful please provide kudos. Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
ankit7agarwal wrote:
Hi I gave my GMAT today and scored 630, Q 50 and V25.
In my mocks I was getting 680- 710 consistently w Q49-50, V 32-35.

I am targetting 1st round ISB application which is 15th Sep. I also need time to write down essays for ISB.
Please help me out how should I proceed. I am targetting 720.

Any help will be appreciated.

If you have scored consistently well in your mocks, the only difference is pressure.

Pressure plays and important role and you need to know how to handle it.
See what time of the day you are comfortable and your mind is active. Give mocks in different times of the day and pick the slot which you are comfortable with.
This is also one factor to consider.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I am attaching my ESR snapshot for the reference.
This show how bad I was in last 10 ques.

Posted from my mobile device
Attachments

Screenshot_20180708-153613~01~01.png
Screenshot_20180708-153613~01~01.png [ 69.78 KiB | Viewed 2315 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Send PM
ankit7agarwal wrote:
I also have comprehension problem and need time. That is why I had to solve last 10 ques in 10 mins. How are you planning to do that.

Well one month of prep has definitely given me insight that reading and comprehension ability are something which cant be improved overnight. The areas on which I need to work is understanding complex sentences and deciphering its grammatical and structural meaning. I thought reading general news stuff from Indian news website or new papers is enough. But in reality I was never this wrong.

First thing I plan to take a subscription of ny times ( or WSJ etc ). I plan to read their articles, at least 4-5 daily. The language used by these magazines or news websites is very similar to what comes in GMAT. There article is full of complex sentences, with almost every sentence using complex parallelism and modifier structures.

I have planned to read at-least 3-4 articles/opinion/columns from NY times and will use all the basics of verbal ability that I had learned from E Gmat course. This will help me in developing my comprehension skills. The articles are completely from a pool of foreign topics, which is exactly what we face in GMAT verbal questions.

In one article, I will focus on just speed of reading and comprehension. In second one, I will go deep and look at the sentence structure to know the grammar involved. In the second one, I will try to develop my summarizing ability.

One things which I really want to emphasis is the importance of pre-thinking the answer before looking at the options of any question which comes in Verbal section. This is very important, as this will completely eliminate the need to go back to SC or RC or even CR passage.

So my final plan is to go near a hit rate of at least 80 % and practice as much as I can from OG, E Gmat materials and other sources on this forum. Once I am confident enough and overcame my anxiety or nervousness, I will retake probably in sept 1st week. In the mean time, I will also work on my Essay.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts