Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 10:46 It is currently 09 May 2024, 10:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [1]
Given Kudos: 164
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [1]
Given Kudos: 164
Send PM
Re-Applicant Strategy [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb10 wrote:
Other than GMAT and Job change - what are some of the strongest ways to strengthen candidacy between December of last year and Summer rounds this year? (a space of 8 months or so)

BB,

You already have a rock solid GMAT score of 750 - I don't see any point in upping it. This advice goes specifically because you are not a reapplicant on most b-schools in your list this year.

I'd suggest:
1. research your career goals and their plausibility for post MBA employment.
2. Take up one serious volunteering effort rather than stretching yourself doing many low impact things.
3. research your b-schools well (NOW) and apply early.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Re-Applicant Strategy [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
bb10 wrote:
Hi,

I am re-applying to business schools this summer.

My first school will be Columbia - and the other re-applicant schools are Kellogg, and Tuck (where I've been encouraged to re-apply).

I am also applying to Harvard and Wharton, where I will be a fresh applicant. Thanks to some improvements in my candidacy (despite turning 30 this year), I believe I have good shot at these schools.

Need some help choosing a consultant - would appreciate a 30 minute call to host ideas and strategy to target the Columbia app asap.

Thanks

Just drop us a line for a full-on Free Consultation: https://bit.ly/mbafcGC

We'll put you through the works!!!
Best,
JF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi bb10,

I'd be happy to chat with you about your re-applicant strategy and your Columbia app more specifically! I'm a Columbia grad and we have 2 former Columbia adcoms on our team so we'd be happy to share our perspectives. If you're interested, you can sign up for a free consultation with me here. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Melody
Retired Moderator
Send PM
No - did not take the job.

But other things have come up - emailed you about it.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Other than GMAT and Job change - what are some of the strongest ways to strengthen candidacy between December of last year and Summer rounds this year? (a space of 8 months or so)
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb10 wrote:
Hi,
Hi bb10, we at Stratus would be glad to do a 30 minute free consult to talk to you about how we could work with you.
I had a client last year who worked with Stratus on the second year four school guarantee and applied early to Columbia and is there now. There is a lot to like in your profile and I can see you doing well if you tell a compelling narrative. Don't worry about being 30.
Focus on leveraging the experience you do have. To do a free consult with us, sign up at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

I am re-applying to business schools this summer.

My first school will be Columbia - and the other re-applicant schools are Kellogg, and Tuck (where I've been encouraged to re-apply).

I am also applying to Harvard and Wharton, where I will be a fresh applicant. Thanks to some improvements in my candidacy (despite turning 30 this year), I believe I have good shot at these schools.

Need some help choosing a consultant - would appreciate a 30 minute call to host ideas and strategy to target the Columbia app asap.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot