Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:28 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Requesting a profile Eval [#permalink]
TopTierMBA wrote:
sj1234,

Yes you should retake and attempt a score in the range of 690+.
The ISB YLP like other leading programs evaluates candidates based on the overall profile presented. That includes your scores, career achievements, and essays. Plus you need to depict your leadership skills and critical thinking ability at the interview stage.
You have decent school scores, but the GMAT in 650 range would be a real pain point. You can compensate for that with your essays and extra-curriculars but still its a long way to go.
We would suggest that you work on improving your GMAT score, and meanwhile focus on building your profile to show the impact you have made till now - be in extra-curriculars or otherwise, and build a convincing storyline on why ISB YLP is the right fit for your career.

Cheers!
Team - TopTier

Does that mean that INCASE I end up getting a score below 690, I should not submit my application?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
That depends on how distant you are from 690. Would not ideally suggest below 690. Ultimately its a personal call that needs to be taken.
If you still feel you can present a strong profile that highlights your leadership ability and that has something unique for the adcoms, then it could be worth a shot.
Get in touch with us if you feel you need any further assistance.

Cheers !
Team - TopTier
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sj1234 wrote:
Hi.
I'm a pre-final year student based out of New Delhi. Have about medium extra-curricular. I'm applying for ISB YLP-cleared round 1, round 2 to go.

I haven't yet taken the GMAT but am scoring around 630(650ish achievable). Could someone please evaluate my profile for YLP and let me know if getting a 730+ will help drastically? My GMAT is scheduled for 26th Aug. Should I still submit my application if I get a 620/630/650?

X=9.8/10
X=88.75
College -BA(H) eco-Tier 2 college - 8/10

2 internships, one in an NGO, the other in one of the big 4s.

Thank you.

Hi sj1234
- YLP admissions are stage-based and are GMAT-competitive. If you get a 650 or above, it is possible to take a shot. Even if you do not make it, you can apply next year again for the YLP without this year's attempt/inability to make it wearing you down. With the deadline extension for the YLP, you do have some time to try and prepare, and achieve a stronger score.
- Of course, if you get a higher score, it helps. The rest of your profile is decent, but not outstanding, so the GMAT will be an important consideration.
- Can comment on the rest with more details (ECA, goals, details on your essay etc) if needed.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hey, I'd like to get my profile evaluated as well.

Academics:

10th- 9.6 CGPA (91.2%)
12th- 95.6%
College & Course- Maths Hons, Lady Shri Ram College For Women (LSR), DU; 8.1 CGPA

Work Experience: Sr. Analyst at GEP Worldwide
Job Description:
✓ To work on global client consulting projects with GEP teams based across Americas,
Europe, Asia Pacific
✓ Responsible for project deliverables through comprehensive research, insightful
analytics and support overall project management.
✓ Perform Market Research
✓ Support multiple projects concurrently
✓ Perform complex data analytics
✓ Create compelling presentations

Internships:
1. Associate Intern at Airblack
2. Social media marketing intern, Utterstock Lifestyle
3. Social media Marketing intern, Eduperience

Social Service:
1. Member, National Social Service, LSR 2018-19
2. Social Change fellow, Yes Foundation

Academic Achievements:

1. Secured 3rd position in AISSCE- 2017- Commerce stream ( School level)
2. Subject Topper- Mathematics, AISSCE-2017 (School level)
3. Obtained 91.8 percentile in International Commerce Olympiad-2015 conducted by Commerce Teachers’ Foundation (CTF)
4. School Topper, 5th National Interactive Maths Olympiad (N.I.M.O) held in Aug-Sep 2010; National rank: 107, State rank: 13.

Extra- Curriculars:

1. core team member of the Sponsorship Team, Tarang’20, LSR'S Annual Fest.
2. actively volunteered in the department as well as in the annual fests of the college- Member, Logistics Team, Nexus'19;
3. Volunteer, Security Team, Tarang'18; Volunteer, Math Department Fest'18
4. a part of The MUN society of LSR (2017-18) and The Web Team of The College Magazine
(2017-18)
5. a volunteer in the Women’s Development Cell of my college in 2018-19.
6. Was the President of The Theatre Club of my school and won many competitions during my tenure.

GMAT Score: 660 ( quant:50, verbal: 31)

I have cleared the first round
GMAT Club Bot