GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 27 Jun 2022, 21:18

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 24 2022 [#permalink] Rutgers, Full-Time
Online Interviewed on: Jan 06 2022 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"The interview was taken online (via WebEx) and lasted for about 40 minutes. An AdCom member took the interview. He was very accommodating and made it feel like a conversation throughout. The questions were: - Why an MBA and why Rutgers? - What are your short-term goals? What are some of the companies that you target? - What is one word your peers would use to describe you? - How would you contribute to Rutgers? - Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Rutgers? - How do you want to engage with the career center at Rutgers? - What does success mean to you? - How do you deal with conflicts? - What is one feedback that you have received recently from your supervisor? - What is your long-term goal? - Who's your role model? - You're doing so well in your current role. Why do you want to leave that for an MBA? - What are your hobbies? - Do you have any questions for me? I asked four questions, and he answered all of them in detail. It was apparent that they take career placement very seriously, and they'd look for that commitment in the candidate. Later, he said he would connect me with the Office of Career Management for another interview. The interview with Career Management took place after four days and lasted for about 30 minutes. The interviewer asked about my reason for pursuing an MBA, my career plan, and my target companies. The takeaways from the interviews are as follows: 1. When it comes to functional areas, Rutgers is focused on marketing, corporate finance, and supply chain. If you're into consulting, investment banking, or private equity, it may not be the program for you. 2. If you're an international student, make sure you have researched beforehand whether your target companies sponsor H1B visas. Don't just throw some company names from your desired industry. 3. It's better to have a typical post-MBA goal instead of an overly ambitious one. For example, VC-PE is a lucrative but niche industry. If the school you've applied to doesn't send at least 10% of their graduates to VC-PE, then a post-MBA VC-PE goal from this school would be overly ambitious. You can personalize a typical goal (consulting, tech PM, etc.) to stand out. The employment rate is a crucial factor for b-schools. They won't bet on you if they sense that the likelihood of you landing your desired role in the US is low."

This user wants to stay Private from Bangladesh WE: 84 months; Computer Software
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 19 2021 [#permalink] Rutgers, Full-Time
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 09 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview was 30 minutes long, felt like a nice interview to me. 1. Why MBA, Why now? 2. What can you contribute to the class? 3. What kind of leader do you want to be? 4. What was your high and low moments as a part of your work? 5. Who was my greatest motivation? 6. What other colleges did I apply to? 7. Questions for the interviewer"

knasdak from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 22 2020 [#permalink] Rutgers, Full-Time
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 09 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Good day I had applied for Round 1 and received an interview call within 10 days of my application. My interview was with Stephan Kolodiy from admission team. It was pretty relaxed interview, in fact he did mention that I was the first candidate to be interviewed for Fall 2021 Round 1. Questions were: 1) Why MBA 2) Short term goals, Long term Goals? 3) Why Rutgers? 4)Leadership experience and ethical dilemma at work? 5) Skill set that you will gain from MBA for Consulting? Interview last for about 19 min preciously then he said I would have a final interview with dean of career management. I scheduled that on October 13 2020. I was in touch with current mba student and did ask him about what to expect, so I was advised to research on Stress interview. The interview with dean was pretty short and he asked me couple of question regarding why mba and what plans after mba,target companies. basically what i understood from that interview is that its not a cake walk for international students especially considering the visa aspect. He did mention not many companies hire international students and I need to make a solid plan to be aware of situations post MBA. To sum up, I felt he was trying to insinuate that career management is certainly there for students but most work or all the work has to be done by the students and more efforts for international students. So make proper plan and back up plan and come. Thanks,best of luck to you all"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 13 2019 [#permalink] Rutgers, Full-Time
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 12 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Your basic MBA questions. Why Rutgers? Why Now? Who was a great leader to you and why? (2nd interview that I have had this question so seems like it ranks as a typical MBA interview question) I recently changed jobs so asked me why I did I submitted an optional essay and asked me questions about it. Not too bad of an interview."

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 09 2019 [#permalink] Rutgers, Full-Time
Skype Interviewed on: Jan 26 2016 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Hi yeah my application was considered in round 2 since my transcripts reached a bit delayed. I was interviewed by one my Mr Albert Turner. Went on for a solid hour and fifteen minutes. Outside the generic why MBA why Rutgers, there were a lot of questions from the essay on ethical dilemma. I was asked to explain in detail about the situation. And he picked questions from the answers I gave. Asked a lot of questions about my profile. My work experience. My other activities. There were questions on type of leadership, being a team player, Specific questions on ways to handle team dynamics. I'd recommend a thorough research on the school and relate it to your answers."

yes
no