Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Shortlisting of b-schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
AA2014 wrote:
Hello Jen,

I am utterly confused about school selection and need help from experts regarding my admission with scholarship chances at b-schools.
Hope to receive your able guidance. My profile is as follows:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40)
TOEFL: 115
Wrok-Ex: 74 months till date
Qualification: Bachelors in Electrical Engg. from Indian University
Industry: Manufacturing

About Employer: My current firm is one of the biggest heavy electricals manufacturing firm in India, semi-government. We are primarily manufacturers in the Power sector and Transportation industry.

My work Profile: Engineering (Locomotives design in the transportation sector. Have been part of many large-scale projects with many team-leading experiences)

Highlight: Currently leading a EUR-47 million project for India's latest locomotives of German design with Indian Railways as clients. Client-side negotiations in technical domain are very common in my profile.

Two work-related revenue-generating initiatives.

*** International Work-Ex: I do not have any experiences of work abroad. However, I am working with a Russian team on a revamping project that I am leading. In the pas, I have had worked on two Make-In-India projects (an initiative of Indian Government towards foreign investments in India) with Japanese teams.
Also, once I was selected for an inspection tour and visited a Japanese firm for a fortnight.
Besides this, I frequently liaise with foreign vendors for procurement of equipment. Most vendors are European.

But EVEN then, I have NOT travelled abroad.

Extra-curriculars are plenty. I have been associated with theatre. I write poems as a hobby. I have had many event-organisational experiences like being the School Head Boy, leading college festivals etc.

Please suggest my chances at following b-schools:

1) LBS
2) INSEAD
3) Cambridge - Judge

4) Harvard
5) Kellogg
6) Haas
7) Fuqua
8) Darden

I would be obliged to receive your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,
That is a tough school list you've got there!! I don't know how your grades were at university or much about the details, accomplishments and leadership experiences on the job, or what your post-MBA goals are or your community involvement..so, many unknowns, BUT even with a respectable 720, the Indian engineering applicant pool is SO competitive and at the moment I fear you may get 'lost' in the crowd at the very top tier of schools you've described.... Darden would be most within reach. I'd aim for more in the 12-30 (ish) range, for better chances in the US, and in Europe potentially outside LBS/INSEAD/OxBridge.... just trying to give you your best shot, which would also help with scholarship chances etc too. Good luck!
Moderator:
1452 posts