Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:22 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Should I pursue an MBA from a Tier 2 school [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ArtVandaley wrote:
That's tremendously helpful. Do you have the entire data. Probably I can sort it based on school and we can publish the stats here

PS:- I just talked to Indians in Harvard and your findings corroborate with what they had to say. Harvard admits only 40 students from India (it's class size is ~920).

You can use the filters in the decision tracker to get the admit/ding results for whatever school you’re interested in. It is all at your finger tips :-)

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72903 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Narenn thanks for posting this. What often happens with Indian candidates is that they are waitlisted initially. For these numbers, do they reflect those accepted from waitlist in R2 but applied EA or R1? Are you pretty sure this is representative as well? I find it surprising.

It would be helpful to understand also the absolute numbers. Is there a round two volume much less than around one?

It is also possible that people applying around to have also applied in around one and that experience gained round one may also help and round two. Goes along with my strategy of applying in both rounds :-)

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
bb wrote:
ArtVandaley wrote:
That's tremendously helpful. Do you have the entire data. Probably I can sort it based on school and we can publish the stats here

PS:- I just talked to Indians in Harvard and your findings corroborate with what they had to say. Harvard admits only 40 students from India (it's class size is ~920).

You can use the filters in the decision tracker to get the admit/ding results for whatever school you’re interested in. It is all at your finger tips :-)

ArtVandaley, Same as BB said. You can extract any information using decision tracker filters.

Gone are the days when we used to spend hours and hours to extract application records from the database, sorting them by year, school, nationality, GMAT, industry, etc, etc, and then calculating acceptance rates; With new tracker filters, now it all happens in a handful of clicks. :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 398 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Narenn & bb,

I was not aware of this. Thank you very much
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
If you can post the data sorted by schools, it would be really helpful while applying.

Thank you either way
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
If it is a possibility, you should definitely try taking the GMAT again. A higher score, like the one you mentioned, would definitely increase your chances at a tier 1 business school admit by making your profile more competitive with respect to the applicant pool.
However, I have seen applicants, with a score slightly lower than yours, crack top schools like Wharton. It is a testament to what simply the narration of your story can do for your profile. The other stats of your profile, that you provided, are above the averages at top school. Like your work-experience is more than the average work experience of a top MBA program’s class, which is generally 3-6 years.
You must focus on your goals though. Make them more specific by finding out which top schools have recruiters from your target firms. You can also choose a target school and then figure out which of its top recruiting firms to fit your goals story. Your post-MBA employability is a major concern with business schools so, affirming them that you have a plan for that could help you a lot.
Also, I would suggest applying to a tier-one school regardless of your GMAT score. Most MBA applicants should try for a reach school. A school that you lie below the averages of but a good profile could get you in.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2