Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:05 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Profile build for LBS HBS INSEAD [#permalink]
To get a overall perspective on what matters in MiM applications and in general about the programs utkarsh025, read here.

There's isn't really a magic GMAT number (read here). That being said, the Indian average can be a good 20-30 points above a school's average - use that as a basic thumb rule and aim for still higher score.

The choice of courses should depend on your post-MiM career priorities so you can devise a compelling narrative.

The ECs sound ok though it'll be important to understand the scale involved. Also, the brand of your undergrad will matter.

Hope this gives some relevant perspectives.

Cheers,
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Kudos
utkarsh025 wrote:
hi,
I have a GPA of 7.1 and pursuing engineering. currently in the third year.
I have managed fests in my initial 2 yrs. currently a project head in one student chapter.
I have been Lawn tennis team captain in my college
Don't have internship till now.
I wanted to ask
what are the things that I need to to do build my good profile and be applicable to the LBS and other premium institutes for MIM programme?
What score should I have in GMAT to overcome my disadvantages
Thank you

Hi Utkarsh,

Happy to help! We like to break different aspects of the application into the following buckets to make everything clearer.

GMAT – Always aim for the high GMAT score. Focus on 700+ GMAT score as this would help you in shortlisting B-Schools and also increase your chance of applying for top B-Schools.

Education – This is something that is written in stone and you cannot change. You have an average GPA. It would be helpful to mention your standing in your batch. Also, strengthen your CV to MBA standards.

Extra Curricular – This section tells the ADCOM about your overall personality and helps them relate to a person instead of a resume. Make sure that you bring out your hobbies, voluntary work and achievements outside work in this area. You have a good hobby in sports. Make sure you bring them out effectively in your essays. Focus on your extracurricular activities and build your profile so as to stand as an exceptional candidate in front of the Adcom.

Essays: This is the section of the application that is in your control and typically carries a lot of weight in the final decision. You need to ensure that you chose the right stories for the questions asked and differentiate yourself from the rest not only in the stories but also in the way you present them. We have been working with students from the past 10 years and helping them get into their dream school by ensuring that they know what and how to write in the essays. Describe your journey, personality, post-MBA goals and your personal interests in doing MBA.

Refer to the Financial Times for top B-Schools ranking for MIM and research about the schools. Based on our initial analysis, we have the following school recommendations for you:
1. HEC Paris
2. LBS
3. ESSEC
4. ESCP Europe

Finally, we could help you in a better way if you can answer the following questions.
1. What are your post-MBA goals?
2. Do you have any specific geography in mind?

Hope this helps. Cheer and good luck!

You can visit our website for more details on MBA Admissions. Also, check out our unique tools "Chances of B-School" to evaluate your chances of getting into the top B-School.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your valuable suggestion General Educations.

I want to pursue a career in consulting or become CEO in future.
Well and also I also have got family with many people in buisness, So i also want to attain knowledge before entering into it.

I am preferring to go to UK and Europe.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
utkarsh025 wrote:
Thank you for your valuable suggestion General Educations.

I want to pursue a career in consulting or become CEO in future.
Well and also I also have got family with many people in buisness, So i also want to attain knowledge before entering into it.

I am preferring to go to UK and Europe.

Hi utkarsh025,

Schools will evaluate your profile holistically.

A couple of things you could take up:
-Aim for a score upwards of 730 (INSEAD +LBS are GMAT sensitive schools, particularly for Indian candidates).
-Take up a leadership role in the social sector; do not look aim for volunteering alone; instead, work towards having some tangible achievements.
-Join a professional club such as Toastmasters; the same will help you work on your leadership/public speaking skills.

There is a lot that you can do; however, you need to channelize your energies around just a couple of activities and try and get maximum out of those. Needless to say, the essays will have a very important role to play, as well. "Becoming a CEO in future" is a generic goal; we recommend that you deliberate deeper with regard to your long-term goals and link the same up with your short-term goals.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot