Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Johnson, CBS, and McDonough Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 138
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '25
WE:Other (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 [#permalink]
VidittMathur wrote:
Considering the deadline of 9/13, I am assuming that It would be perfect to submit by early july. I had submitted just last week. The turnaround will be quick. Even I am unable to determine on what date had the application been released. I have uploaded the same question on ClearAdmit, but have received no answer yet.

Hi Vidit,
Have you heard back yet?
I applied about two weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 [#permalink]
Submitted on 7/14 and no response yet

GMATist1 wrote:
Hi Vidit, Have you heard back yet? I applied about two weeks ago.

Hbu?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
s1051648 wrote:
Hbu?

No response
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
GMATist1 wrote:
No response

When did you submit ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
s1051648 wrote:
When did you submit ?

About 3 weeks back
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Businessconquerer wrote:
One of the clients that we got in gave both GMAT and EA. From what the Adcom was hinting at, the score of 165+ seemed to be a decent one. Also, I have done some personal readings, apparently 174 is the highest anyone ever got to (I can be wrong here, because I read all these from non-reliant sources, but definitely something to think about)

Would it be possible to share the statistics for the client who got admitted? Are they Indian or? Kind of wondering if 165 was hinted that that is their average or if they knew you were speaking of an Indian, which, inevitably it is usually needs to be higher.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Would it be possible to share the statistics for the client who got admitted? Are they Indian or? Kind of wondering if 165 was hinted that that is their average or if they knew you were speaking of an Indian, which, inevitably it is usually needs to be higher.

I think that is the trend. Apparently, people in these institutions that talk about gender pay equity gap forgot to notice the $20k pay gap approx. between international and domestic based on study on GMATClub. Just hoping that they realize this.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72898 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Angry-Indian-male wrote:
I think that is the trend. Apparently, people in these institutions that talk about gender pay equity gap forgot to notice the $20k pay gap approx. between international and domestic based on study on GMATClub. Just hoping that they realize this.

I’m agree…. There’s definitely a gap between international and domestic pay. In averages and also even for some positions because they require H1B costs.

I doubt any company will admit that they pay discriminate and I’m sure some or me and you don’t but it just happens to happen
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Cost of H1B. Always a reason, isn’t there?

I just stopped believing that talk about DE&I though. If anything, everyone’s smart (most people at least) to know it’s just all talk. Obviously, they’ve not even admitted to all other forms of pay gaps now. Regardless, from admissions standpoint, it’s obvious though, OR candidates do have to have higher score.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Join us on YouTube for Columbia Application Walkthrough - Harold Simansky (Admissions Expert at mbaMission) fills out CBS application live https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZHhfMEVZcc
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
GMATist1 wrote:
VidittMathur wrote:
Considering the deadline of 9/13, I am assuming that It would be perfect to submit by early july. I had submitted just last week. The turnaround will be quick. Even I am unable to determine on what date had the application been released. I have uploaded the same question on ClearAdmit, but have received no answer yet.

Hi Vidit,
Have you heard back yet?
I applied about two weeks ago.

Hey. Yes, I had heard back exactly after three weeks. Most people hear back exactly after three weeks, but some do after exactly four. Regardless, the duration has no bearing on the initial decision.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has any interviewed applicant received a final decision in the last week or two?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 146
Send PM
Any advice on CBS second essay (PPIL)? I find it quite challenging to talk about this topic in 250 words. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
VidittMathur wrote:
Has any interviewed applicant received a final decision in the last week or two?

Interview feedback submitted last Wednesday. Acceptance call today
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Az99 wrote:
VidittMathur wrote:

Hey! Congratulations! What time had you received the admittance call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Calling all Columbia CBS MBA Applicants: Class of 2026 J-Term 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
VidittMathur wrote:
Az99 wrote:
VidittMathur wrote:

Hey! Congratulations! What time had you received the admittance call?

Thanks! 12 EST. Best of luck to you!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Acceptance via phone call at 10:00 A.M. (E.S.T.) on 25 August. All the very best to the remaining applicants!

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  56   
Moderator:
234 posts