Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 42104 [5]
Given Kudos: 422
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:Everyone is a leader. Just stop listening to others.
Own Kudos [?]: 4595 [1]
Given Kudos: 235
GPA: 3.51
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Verbal Diagnostic Test No : 7 – CR - Q No:8 [#permalink]
A. Euphorbia is poisonous to healthy people --- some non -poisonous attributes also given in the argument. depends how the plant is consumed.-- wrong
B. The fruits of Euphorbia can be used to cure cancer in minute quantities. --- Euphorbin can be used in minute quantities -- wrong
C. Cattle and Human beings are treatable with Euphorbin for curing HIV positive virus -- " can be treated" . so not sure of this statement. - wrong
D. Euphorbia is a roadside weed that has been used as a native drug until the anti- viral capableness was expounded -- no mention of "roadside weed"
E. Euphorbia is a useful plant --- some useful things are mentioned. hence we can say that the plant is useful . right
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
A doubt on option E - Euphorbia is useful,but isn't it useful only in small quantities ?? The answer doesn't seem convincing or am I missing something ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 385
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
Send PM
Is A incorrect because it is already stated in the passage?

Because if it generally poisonous to people it must be true that it is poisonous to healthy people as well...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
Verbal Diagnostic Test No : 7 – CR - Q No:8 [#permalink]
Masterscorp wrote:

Because if it generally poisonous to people it must be true that it is poisonous to healthy people as well...

The option is incorrect because the argument says The Euphorbia is a tropical bush that is generally poisonous and the fruit is deadly..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 271 [0]
Given Kudos: 385
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
Send PM
Verbal Diagnostic Test No : 7 – CR - Q No:8 [#permalink]
shoumkrish wrote:
Masterscorp wrote:

The option is incorrect because the argument says The Euphorbia is a tropical bush that is generally poisonous and the fruit is deadly..

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my problem isn't resolved yet.

Answer A: Euphorbia is poisonous to healthy people

The passage you quoted and answer A both talk about the bush itself and not the fruit...What am I missing here?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 566 [1]
Given Kudos: 755
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM