Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Re: Work experience. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Xng wrote:
Xng wrote:
Hi,

I'm really serious about making a career change from the health field into the finanical services/business industry. I have an undergrad degree in biology and have been working in a retail pharmacy for a huge coporation for the past few years. I love the company that I work for, but my current position offers no advancement, I am very interested in moving up to coporate and see that an MBA is a great way to help me move up.

My question is, how many people have you dealt with who have little to no work experience in the business field who want to go for an MBA? How important is 'business' work experience in terms of getting accepted into a MBA school? I know I don't have much chances at a top tier B-school even with stellar GMAT scores but I want to get into one of the local programs offer here.
Thanks in advance,
Xng

Thank you for your response. All of my acquaintances who have MBAs are all successful people who have always been in the business field. They've all said business experience is a must, so it made applying with little work experience daunting.

- Xng

I'm glad I was here to set you straight! Just remember to focus on your people leadership, industry insight, and clear goals in your applications.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Work experience. [#permalink]