Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1173 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: 22 days left till 1st GMAT attempt [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi hashtagdang,

The decision of whether or not to reschedule your Official Test Date will come down to a number of factors (including your performances on all of your CATs and your Overall Score Goal). Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)? On what dates did you take each CAT?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
6) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
hashtagdang wrote:
Hi guys,

I have 22 days left till my 1st GMAT attempt and I'm freaking out. I have been studying for the past two months and my score has decreased from 580 to 380. I refocused by setting up an error log as suggested by many peeps here. But it seems that I still huge concept gaps both in Quant and Verbal (Q:35/V:26). Would you say to just postpone the date? I'm not too sure how to study anymore considering the timeline. I'm currently taking time off to focus 100% on GMAT and it's driving me insane.

Thanks,
hashtagdang

Hi,

First of all if u want you can improve in a month time - all you need is right approach and lots of practice. Practicing properly is the key.

I also kind of improved in a month time : https://gmatclub.com/forum/try-to-avoid ... l#p1968174

So believe in yourself and start preparing. If you still don't see improvement in your score move your exam date.

Try to find the approach which will suit you. Different approach work for different people.

Here are few points:
1. How are you measuring your score? you gave gmatprep tests or used some other tests?
2. Focusing only on Quant or Verbal will not help you. You need to work on both sections. But if quant is your strong suit try to score high in it and try to get average score on Verbal.
3. Can you please tell how exactly are you preparing for different sections ? Like what you do when you get a quant or verbal question wrong ????
4. Just solving questions will not help you. Properly understanding the solution is very important.
5. As you are not working currently, properly utilizing study time is important.
6. Utilize gmatclub forum. Go over a few debriefs, it will help you understand how people prepare and how they improved there scores.
7. Study plans for both quant and verbal section are available on forum, try to go over them and see which one interests you.
8. Have you figured out why you scored low on your latest test. What differences you see between your two tests ?

Try to go over the points and try to figure out gaps in your preparation.
Let me know if you need any help.

All the best :) :)
GMAT Club Bot