Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 04:51 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 04:51
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Columbia 2013 (accepted)
 Q48  V41
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia (enrolling), Booth (admitted), Kellogg (admitted), NYU (withdrawn)
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3 yrs IM
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Columbia Business School: Class of 2013 [#permalink]
neildiamond wrote:
cidneymba2011 wrote:
At one point she said, "Spouses come and go, but CBS is forever." And she was dead serious.

That's kind of insulting... I have a feeling she has a chip on her shoulder from her personal experiences. A better phrase would've been "jobs come and go" because the MBA degree is directly related to your career anyway.

It was a very tongue in cheek remark. Mary's very warm and friendly. She simply meant that our two years at Columbia will remain with us forever and help shape who we are, and our future actions and achievements will also reflect upon and be associated with Columbia.

Relax guys. Your spouses are forever too :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Oh, so Mary means it is like that hot girl I dated for a couple of years that turned psycho after a while. I have never forgotten her, or her frequent friending (and apparent unfriending) on facebook over the following five years.

I think this is a really bad choice of comparison. Maybe you can tell.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am scared of Mary...she is nice but could ruin my life with the click of a mouse.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Brand Management
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q45  V44
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Laptop question - I own a Macbook Pro and I was wondering if it's better to get a PC for school? Thoughts? I am thinking maybe it's better compatible and maybe it's better that I get used to using Excel on the PC and not Mac....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

Congrats on being admitted to Columbia. That's truly amazing. I'm very envious. I was recently waitlisted, but I'm remaining hopeful.

I was wondering if someone who was admitted could tell me how long you had/have to submit your deposit after you received your acceptance. Is it a set date (i.e. April 5th) or is it a rolling time frame (i.e. three weeks after you received your acceptance)? If rolling, how long was the time period?

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
NY1 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Congrats on being admitted to Columbia. That's truly amazing. I'm very envious. I was recently waitlisted, but I'm remaining hopeful.

I was wondering if someone who was admitted could tell me how long you had/have to submit your deposit after you received your acceptance. Is it a set date (i.e. April 5th) or is it a rolling time frame (i.e. three weeks after you received your acceptance)? If rolling, how long was the time period?

Thanks.

I think it's rolling. I got admitted on 1/11 and my due date was 2/24.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
josiebella wrote:
NY1 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Good to know. Thanks josiebella.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NY1 wrote:
josiebella wrote:
NY1 wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Good to know. Thanks josiebella.

Hi - Just discovered this blog. I was admitted the week of 2/14 and I have until 4/15 to send a deposit....
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Value Investing
Schools:Columbia
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hey Moss in terms of your fellowship when did you hear post offer of admission? Around the same time you were admitted, after deposit / Kroll? Has anyone else heard anything on the fellowship front?

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Way after admission/deposit -- I was admitted in December. AFAIK and based on the website, nobody got word of any fellowships until mid-Feb. I just submitted Kroll/FASFA stuff, and I expect that people will hear back on needs-based (and probably some merit-based) fellowships in April (as the website says as well).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
nycgirl84 wrote:

Hi - Just discovered this blog. I was admitted the week of 2/14 and I have until 4/15 to send a deposit....

Welcome!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Malbec, is there a international student-only admit day or orientation? I heard that there is one. I'm curious because if there is, I'm going to request to sign up for it (since I am an international living in nyc).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:
Malbec, is there a international student-only admit day or orientation? I heard that there is one. I'm curious because if there is, I'm going to request to sign up for it (since I am an international living in nyc).

there is a international orientation (optional) a few days before the official orientation
from the facebook group:
Quote:
In case you haven't checked the CBS admitted website recently - information about orientation has been released. International orientation (optional) is scheduled for Aug 17-18, mandatory orientation takes place Aug 21 thru Sep 2 with core courses starting in the 2nd week. For more information visit: https://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admitted/orientation
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks, malbec! I didn't notice that :)

Question to Moss: Have you heard back yet about Kroll? I think we submitted the form at the same time.

My only concern with Kroll is my previous employment history (international). My previous employer was a startup and I doubt they have an official HR file for me. There is a new HR lady there (the old one knew me and could vouch for my employment) but I strongly doubt she knows of my existence...Should I call CBS and give them the old HR lady's contact info? My old boss there also left. I didn't bother informing CBS because the Kroll form only asked for details about current employer. Or should I just wait and see as I am doing now? Any advice would be appreciated!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
I haven't heard back from Kroll. Do they email us? I haven't logged into the website or anything to check, if its even possible to do so.
Current Student
Send PM
Moss wrote:
I haven't heard back from Kroll. Do they email us? I haven't logged into the website or anything to check, if its even possible to do so.

I tried logging on but its pretty useless. You'll be directed to a page that gives you your reference number and says something about CBS emailing us once everything is completed.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q45  V44
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:
Moss wrote:

I tried logging on but its pretty useless. You'll be directed to a page that gives you your reference number and says something about CBS emailing us once everything is completed.

When it is completed, kroll will email you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts